If you could only have one handgun?

If I can own only one gun?

A solid platinum and diamond encrusted Glock 19.

Hey, you asked?

Oh wait, you said if I can own only one gun and not any gun.

That would be a Glock 19.

Am the original owner. Hope to pass this onto my kids one day.

enhanced_goldcup.jpg

Sig 228....hands down.

Mike I thought you would have picked the same.

While I like my P228 if forced to chose between the two I'd still choose the 19. The 19 is easier to carry (lighter, thinner) and it's also easier to work on.... but it would be a tough decision. I had a G19 and carried it for about a year and a half and then sold it. I immediately regretted that decision and then got a 3rd gen. Had to buy something and then sold that one. Then I got another (basically) BNIB 3rd gen G19 at a reasonable price... that one's not going anywhere. [laugh] Also a factor in the decision is I have over a dozen 15 round preban mags for the G19, so that sorta helps.

-Mike

I think I'm the only one but I would go with the Walther P99 in 9mm, I swear that gun was designed just for me. [smile]

Only one gun[sad2]

Well going with the spirit of the OP, I would probably go with either a Sig 228 or a .357 wheelgun.

The .357 only because of the versatility in ammo selection. So the situation at the time would dictate my choice.

M

If only one gun: Why not a Glock 18....?

If only one gun that I actually own: Tough choice between the HK 45 and P7M13, I'll go with the darkhorse.... My performace center 627. I a world where everyone only has one gun the wheel gun will outlast.

Last edited:
Hey you Glock Fan boys,

I see an overwhelming response for Glocks. Taking into consideration that this is probably a SHTF scenario, would that change your mind if you had to cast your own (potentially lead) bullets. With that in mind, would you still pick your Glock?

Last edited:
Hey you Glock Fan boys,

I see an overwhelming response for Glocks. Taking into consideration that this is probably a SHTF scenario, would that change your mind if you had to cast your own (potentially lead) bullets. With that in mind, would you still pick your Glock.

If I had to cast bullets during SHTF, that means I didn't buy enough to begin with. [wink] I prefer not to do it, but I'd have no hesitation in shooting lead through my Glocks if I had to. I know people that do it all the time with no ill effects... then again, they also know how to cast and size bullets properly.

-Mike

As a 1911 collector,and owner of thousands of firearms - my answer/advice to this is simple:

The only rental gun we have here that takes severe beatings, fires thousands of rounds a week without breaking (all year long),gets taken apart and cleaned weekly with sludge so bad you have to soak it for hours,puts bullets in the same hole even after 100k + rounds down range is .................ANY GLOCK

My G-21 has a documented 130,000 rounds through it - and still puts bullets in the same hole with 100% of the original factory parts in it!!
My 5 top rentals are:
1. G-17
2.G-19
3.G-22
4.G-23
5.G-21
Between 12-15 thousand rounds a week (on average) goes through these five rentals, all year long!
If your only handgun needs to defend life,family, or give you a lifetime of shooting pleasure - the choice is simple

This is probably the best, indisputable recommendation for any handgun manufacturer I have ever seen. So know I am sitting here thinking " Why don't I have a Glock?"...... Damn, I really was trying to curb my spending

Colt or Kimber 1911 chambered 45acp. And LOTS of mags.
Yes I wrote Colt and Kimber in the same line. Look at it this way...
they both start with the "K" sound

If I really had to decide on just one, it would be a Glock Model 23.

9mm Conversion Barrel
.357sig Conversion Barrel
Standed Length .40 S&W Barrel + 6" .40 S&W Barrel
Magtech Glock 23 Carbine Conversion Kit

Glock 19 & Glock 23 magazines plus a couple Glock 17 and Glock 22 Magazines

Small enough to still be concealed carried, but large enough to still have capacity and punch.
Several Barrel Options to allow for multiple calibers. Ideally all barrel options would also be extended and threaded to allow compensators to be added.
Multiple Magazine options for carry or range work.
Conversion kit for Carbine for hunting if desired.

If I'm limited to "just one" I want the most versitility possible without sacrificing reliability.
I'd also stock up on replacement parts to I could make sure it keeps working till long after I stop.

Hey you Glock Fan boys,

I see an overwhelming response for Glocks. Taking into consideration that this is probably a SHTF scenario, would that change your mind if you had to cast your own (potentially lead) bullets. With that in mind, would you still pick your Glock?

Yes. I have seen glock polygon rifling take lead bullets with no problem AND I have broach rifled barrels for all my glocks. I would pick a glock because: Standardized parts make for more widely available replacement parts AND the extremely high reliability and durability of the Glock platform.

Back
Top Bottom