If you could only have one handgun?

if i could only have one then it would be the gun i carry daily. a ruger p345. im used to the feel of it and i know how good it shoots as i put a fair amount of ammo through it. also i am confident that the gun wont fail me.

Ive always thought about what Id do if times got tough and I had to sell off all my guns, only keeping one. I decided I would keep one of my 642 J-frames. It can be carried in the pocket, IWB or on the ankle and is virtually indetectable, while packing a good wallop. I can shoot it very well, and find it would still fill the role of nightstand duty quite well.

goldenpistol.jpg

But will admit I love my SIG 239 in 9.....and the SIG 232 is right up there as well.

Last edited:
runaway-smart-bullet3.jpg

shoots this:

runaway-smart-bullet1.jpg

"Jack, look at this. The back half is all solid propellant. Valves for directional control ... look, it's all electronic."

"You've heard of a bullet that has your name on it. Well, this one really does. And you can program it to go after a specific person."

"What's the signature?"

"It's a heat seeking missile... Everyone's body has a unique heat pattern...This is your body's heat pattern and this is mine."

A toss up... CZ75B or Sig 226 both in 9mm. But I have to say all this talk of the Glock 19 has me thinking...

Colt Python, 4". Wheelgun has less to break if its my one and only that I can own for the rest of my life.

Try fixing an out-of-time Python yourself.

Virtually anything on a Glock is user-serviceable or user-replaceable with some pin punches, some basic mechanical skills, and NO hand fitting.

I would still have to say my 3rd gen G19. Basically I think its the most versatile of the guns that I have. It is reliable, low maintenance, has a rail for accessories, can accept 10rd, 15rd, 17rd, and 32rd (if your lucky enough to have a pre ban) mags. Also, being a 9mm ammo is generally readily available and powerful enough to get the job down.

If it wasn't for the high cap mags or if my G19 was a Gen2 I would pick my P229R .40. The only thing that I don't like is the 12rd P229 mags aren't readily available.

Back
Top Bottom