• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you could only have one handgun?

This:

Glock21mod2-1-1.jpg

I'd stick with my Sig P226 in .40 s&w. After thousands of rounds eating a mixed diet, it has never as failed, and I shoot it the best. If it was a SHTF situation and I could only take one gun it would be a S&W 629 with a 5" barrel chambered in .44 magnum

Ah, the ol' Glock 25.5, excellent choice.

S&W Model 66 (I like the K frame).

Hmmm.......nobody picked a S&W M&P????

These would be my two possibilities. I currently have the M&P 9Pro and 9c which are the two handguns I use most often. The regular 9 would probably be a good split the difference choice. I just bought a 66 this week, but it may grow on me enough to be considered.

Last edited:
As a 1911 collector,and owner of thousands of firearms - my answer/advice to this is simple:

The only rental gun we have here that takes severe beatings, fires thousands of rounds a week without breaking (all year long),gets taken apart and cleaned weekly with sludge so bad you have to soak it for hours,puts bullets in the same hole even after 100k + rounds down range is .................ANY GLOCK

My G-21 has a documented 130,000 rounds through it - and still puts bullets in the same hole with 100% of the original factory parts in it!!
My 5 top rentals are:
1. G-17
2.G-19
3.G-22
4.G-23
5.G-21
Between 12-15 thousand rounds a week (on average) goes through these five rentals, all year long!
If your only handgun needs to defend life,family, or give you a lifetime of shooting pleasure - the choice is simple

As a 1911 collector,and owner of thousands of firearms - my answer/advice to this is simple:

The only rental gun we have here that takes severe beatings, fires thousands of rounds a week without breaking (all year long),gets taken apart and cleaned weekly with sludge so bad you have to soak it for hours,puts bullets in the same hole even after 100k + rounds down range is .................ANY GLOCK

My G-21 has a documented 130,000 rounds through it - and still puts bullets in the same hole with 100% of the original factory parts in it!!
My 5 top rentals are:
1. G-17
2.G-19
3.G-22
4.G-23
5.G-21
Between 12-15 thousand rounds a week (on average) goes through these five rentals, all year long!
If your only handgun needs to defend life,family, or give you a lifetime of shooting pleasure - the choice is simple

Jim, just out of curiosity, do you rent the Sigs and how have you seen them stand up? I researched the Sigs before buying and found the military had done extensive testing, with the Sig being one of the top two for durability. However, it is always better to get more of a real world opinion from somone like yourself and not some slanted government report. Thanks in advance.

my S&W 4013tsw no rail version, only because from day one this gun has not jammed,FTF,FTF,FTE. the only FTfire I had was bad ammo. It eats everything, even semi wad cutters. even limp wristing the thing fuctions!!!

Back
Top Bottom