• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you could only have one handgun?

ruger alaskan .44 magnum,,,, will stop anything on 4 or 2 feet,,( in north america anyways ), revolver dependibility ( although glock dependibility is noted ) not too huge to carry,,, abundant range of ammo for food gathering, and i only shoot .44 mag,,,, biased lol

btw dekkers gun was fashioned from a charter arms .44 spl i beleive it was capable of firing even after the mods for the movie :)

Last edited:
I'm going to have to say my H&K P30L (bottom right in pic) if there was only "one" to have. I can shoot her very well and I trust my life with her. I shoot her quasi competatively every month and she hasn't let me down yet.
SMGandpistols.jpg

I'm going to have to say my H&K P30L (bottom right in pic) if there was only "one" to have. I can shoot her very well and I trust my life with her. I shoot her quasi competatively every month and she hasn't let me down yet.
SMGandpistols.jpg

Someone has an obsession.[smile]

I wish I could have a P30 with proper magazines in this state. *sigh*

Thanks for the comments. Of the guns pictured, I don't have the USP Tactical anymore. I ended up trading it after getting the HK45 even though she was a bit more accurate with a better trigger...but just didn't feel no where near as good in the hand as the HK45. The PDW was my first SBR...VERY fun to shoot but a pain to clean.

This is a pretty easy question for me, since I already own only one handgun larger than .22: my Beretta 92fs. Seems like a pretty good choice as a one-and-only for two reasons: (1) probably the most ubiquitous, economical, easy-to-find ammunition on the market. (2) Very common handgun available even in locked-down states like MA should ensure easy parts availability well into the future.

I've become quite comfortable with the CCW feel of my G27, though I'd consider switching to a G30 (to possibly hedge my bets of getting more reloads from my cases in the event supplies become limited due to a situation as described below)

Hey you Glock Fan boys, I see an overwhelming response for Glocks. Taking into consideration that this is probably a SHTF scenario, would that change your mind if you had to cast your own (potentially lead) bullets. With that in mind, would you still pick your Glock?

Absolutely. Though, I might pick up an extra bore snake or two. [smile]

Hey you Glock Fan boys,

I see an overwhelming response for Glocks. Taking into consideration that this is probably a SHTF scenario, would that change your mind if you had to cast your own (potentially lead) bullets. With that in mind, would you still pick your Glock?

I would drop in a barrel that won't have issues if that was the only option.

S&W 29 "wheel guns are real guns"
I mean really, your given the choice of only a single gun and people are choosing plastic guns?

Last edited:
I'd probably go with a 4 inch barrel .357 magnum double action revolver. Ultra reliable, good for home defense and reasonably good for carry. Could be used for competitions such as IDPA, USPSA, etc. With .38 special ammo it would still be reasonably inexpensive to shoot, you could even do some handgun hunting with it depending on the state and game you were seeking. It would the most versatile handgun I could think of as far as covering as many handgun uses as possible with my one and only gun.

I'd lean towards either a Smith and Wesson 686 or a Ruger GP100

This

I'd probably go with a 4 inch barrel .357 magnum double action revolver. Ultra reliable, good for home defense and reasonably good for carry. Could be used for competitions such as IDPA, USPSA, etc. With .38 special ammo it would still be reasonably inexpensive to shoot, you could even do some handgun hunting with it depending on the state and game you were seeking. It would the most versatile handgun I could think of as far as covering as many handgun uses as possible with my one and only gun.

I'd lean towards either a Smith and Wesson 686 or a Ruger GP100

Same here

Back
Top Bottom