If riots happened

Potential rioting is one of the reasons why I really hope that somebody does not asassinate Obama. Besides the fact that I think he needs to fail and fail miserably to make the moonbats pay some of a price for the error of their ways - but you KNOW that if he was to get shot the conspiracy theories would be rampant, the racial politics would be ridiculous, and the potential for rioting after that would increase tremendously - and in the case of an assassination it might well spill outside the cities into suburbs. An asassination could potentially cause a shitstorm of major proportions.
If BO gets shot, expect the following to happen:

The "right wing conspiracy" gets the blame. Jokes (or perhaps not jokes) will be made about Sarah Palin as the triggerwoman.

Biden is in as Pres, so there's an immediate executive order regarding the banning and confiscation of "assault" weapons - even if BO is shot with a Beretta 21A. No remuneration, no grandfathering. Earthquake occurs, centered on the Boylston St side of the Boston Common as Paul Revere's RPM hits 600. The zombies of Captains John Parker and Isaac Davis rise from the grave and start walking south to strangle Biden and Pelosi. Google them if you don't get it. Or come to an Appleseed Shoot and we'll tell you who they were.

The inner cities will riot. My best guess is NYC, Chicago and LA will be leading the pack.

Gun owners in LA (that would be Korean shopkeepers) will be the only ones to keep their stores... and they'll close as fast as they can sell out after the riots. Look for more accusations of rioting as the shops leave the black neighborhoods... again. Just like after the last time.

Major Blood will be posting to tell us all how racist we are. Me especially for predicting this. And I won't care since I'm ignoring him.

Has anyone here ever actually experienced a riot?

My grandparents/parents both experienced the '67 Newark riots:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_Newark_riots

Both grandfathers sat on the front porch, armed...for days...

...the mobs never came- they stuck to the "bad" part of the city and trashed it (my grandparents were employed- therefore they lived in the "better" area of town- not well-off by any means...but they could afford the basics for their families due to their factory jobs at that point).

I think (and history shows) that most rioting tends to happen in areas where poverty is running rampant. It's a lot easier to run across the street and burn things- then it is to run a few miles to do the same.

If you are employed and most of your neighbors are employed...chances are you have little to worry about. I'm not saying to be stupid and ignore the possibility; just that the possibility is probably lower than perceived.

Has anyone here ever actually experienced a riot?

Yep. Frankfurt, Germany, back in the mid 1970's.

I lived downtown, almost walked right into a riot, wearing Army fatigues (on my way home after the work day was done). Got the hell out of dodge real quick like, walking, not running. Got home and stayed there for a bit. 2 Polizei got hurt in that riot. After that happened, they put 200 rioters in the hospital. Me, I wasn't worried about the rioters, I wanted to stay clear of the Polizei.

Well, as to a modern day riot, I'll either stay home or go across the road (if you know where I live, you'll get it) , IF I don't get called in to squash it. If I'm home, I'll have to deal with neighbors coming over to borrow stuff, like rifles and ammo.

My primary concern would be to be at home if shit hits the fan, because I don't carry and because my dog is helpless without my protection. Then, the plans will depend on what is actually going on.

Boston would be interesting to watch... although I don't imagine it would leak much farther west than the Charles.

Yeah, Mikey can you imagine what a Pioneer Valley Riot would look like? A bunch of people throwing home made Patchouilli oil bombs at each other.

I imagine that Springfield and Holyoke would not be pretty places to be.

Yeah Springfield would be hell if the SHTF there. If the riots were to spread to Ware I guaranty they won't reach my house. I would hope I could get my neighbors together to block off the entrance to our road which is a Cul-de-sac.

My only problem with Springfield going to hell is my 92 year old grandfather lives there and we would have to get him out.

Well, as to a modern day riot, I'll either stay home or go across the road (if you know where I live, you'll get it) , IF I don't get called in to squash it. If I'm home, I'll have to deal with neighbors coming over to borrow stuff, like rifles and ammo.
[rofl] Roger, I'm not sure that a riot mob could even FIND your house!! You're pretty far back there, y'know. As for the neighbors... [laugh] I've seen your spare rifleroom bedroom. Assuming that your neighbors can shoot... the rioters wouldn't stand a chance.

My only problem with Springfield going to hell is my 92 year old grandfather lives there and we would have to get him out.
Hey, you do what you gotta do, Mike - family is family. Sobering thought... my mother lives only a couple of miles from a town that's likely to riot - in NJ. [thinking] *shrug* So I do what I gotta do. At least you can have Kim ride shotgun. [wink]

I should put together an "extraction plan" of some sorts just in case. My only concern would be the police getting in the way, blocking streets, restricting access and I am sure they won't think twice about stopping and trying to search vehicles. The bad guys I can deal with. Best case would be to get him out before the crap reaches his area but that could be a very short window of opportunity.

I should put together an "extraction plan" of some sorts just in case. My only concern would be the police getting in the way, blocking streets, restricting access and I am sure they won't think twice about stopping and trying to search vehicles.
A GPS with his location waypointed will help you navigate around such obstacles on the fly.

I have nowhere to go but my home.

I'll park my ass on the roof and drill any motherf***er that approaches with anything resembling hostile intent.

Life would go on for me as normal.

Only difference? I'd probably wear jeans instead of Khakis to work.

Ahhhh, the benefits of living in the middle of nowhere...... :D

I doubt mass rioting will occur.However if it does,my plan is to give all the adults in my household a gun and orders to shoot anyone on our property wearing colorful , baggy clothes.I doubt any innocents will be harmed.

I doubt mass rioting will occur.However if it does,my plan is to give all the adults in my household a gun and orders to shoot anyone on our property wearing colorful , baggy clothes.I doubt any innocents will be harmed.

What if a clown comes thru the neighborhood looking for a kid's birthday party?

Any dog I've ever had follows me where ever I go. Doesn't seem like an issue. The goldfish will have to fend for themselves though.

Same here. I personally can't see having a pet, and not preparing for them as I would anyone/anything I care about.

One more aspect...
How are we going to rescue our pets??? Any suggestions?

Yet, just one more inconvenient truth concerning the welfare of innocent things caught up in the pandemonium; the potential for suffering.
I say keep them inside. My cats stay inside, not because I fear for thier safety in and about the presence of gangs of mutated zombies, but because the coyote and fox population around here guarantees they'll get eaten if they venture forth into the night.
Worry about the old folks and keep your children close if anything does actually happen.

Yet, just one more inconvenient truth concerning the welfare of innocent things caught up in the pandemonium; the potential for suffering.
I have a dog who isn't trained well, and my older Mom has two cats. The dog hates cats.
Anyway... Guess if something actually happens, I'll be helping animals more than doing anything else.

My cats are indoor cats. If I were bugging out they would go with me in their carriers (which are their favorite "safe places" anyway.) Bugging in, they're indoor cats, but we might all move down to the basement for the duration.

I really don't know how it would go around here. This isn't the inner city or anything, and the neighborhood's a total mixed bag. (I'm not sure Brandeis is really a big riot school, for example. Now, if we were near Michigan State, where they know how to set cars on fire....) If it happened while I was at my job in the middle of the week, though...well, on the one hand, I work in Dorchester. I'd be completely out of luck. Except that we ARE fenced, we CAN lock the place down, more or less, and if worst comes to worse, "Release the tigers!" isn't enitrely beyond the realm of possibilty. <jk> And if we had to defend ourselves, not only does someone, somewhere, have access to weapons, we have something even better--the vets' trank guns. (The darts will kill a human.)

I would, however, follow my dad's '68 Detroit riot example--he'd already left long before, but after that, no way was he moving back within city limits. And that was a smart thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom