What type of multi tool if any do you keep with your gear

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
I'm always interested in what other people use and carry with their gear. I used my Multi tool a lot the other day and decided to possibly get another to station permanently in my gear bag. Right now I have a Leatherman Super Tool 300 I always take camping ect and I alternate carry my Swiss Army Huntsman and Trekker. Just curious what Mult Tools you outdoorsman carry and use.

Leatherman Wave. I picked the Wave mainly because the knife blades are on the outside. I don't have to unfold it to access the tool I use most often.

Leatherman Sidekick. I own 4-5 of them and keep them everywhere. I've got one in each vehicle, one in my range bag, my wife keeps one in her purse and I keep one in my backpack. They come in handy every single day.

I have both the Leatherman Wave and sidekick (rifle & pistol bags). They are fine for minimal emergency use. I also keep a Klein multi bit screwdriver and a number of torx/allen drivers in the bag.

SOG. The main pliers alone are worth it over a leathermen. Plus I find the knives stay sharp far longer than Leatherman.

+1. I think I got mine for $40 on sale somewhere.

41dykhc1aXL.jpg

I have a Micra on my key chain. I pocket carry a Sidekick and also have a Blast for hiking.

Last edited:
I don't yet have a good multi tool, so I will be paying close attention here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly recommend the Victorinox Swisstool X if you're looking for a large multi tool that can handle anything.

My EDC is an older Leatherman SuperTool II (from the mid 90's). I also have a Charge Ti for when I want the additional features it offers. My EDC knife is a [black] Kershaw Leek.

I have a now discontinued Leatherman Charge TTI (I think that's the model) that I always take with me if I'm going away on a trip or hunting, etc... I feel better knowing I have that tool with me when I'm away from home. I also have a Gerber multi tool that's always in the center console of my car plus a small Leatherman Micra tool that's on my spare set of keys.

I have the Leatherman Wave. The old style without the locking screwdrivers. I also have the same one sitting in its original box waiting for the one I carry to break. Over the years, I have sent two or three back for repair. They just replace them. Never a problem with returns no matter how old. I like how they are laid out. The original multi tool. Out of all the Leatherman lineup I like the wave the best. When Leatherman first started out he wanted Gerber to make the tool for him. They told him no, it would never sell so he started his own company. Gerber followed.

Leatherman Skeletool CX works well and is fairly light. It's more of an EDC than a specialty tool, but personally I'm not wrenching on my guns at the range.

Many different ones in my bags and vehicles. Couple of Leatherman Waves and Gerber ProScout 600s mostly. I prefer the Gerbers to the Waves.

Leatherman Wave. I picked the Wave mainly because the knife blades are on the outside. I don't have to unfold it to access the tool I use most often.

I second this. All the tools are on the outside and easy to get to. Also, with my SOG I feel like I get plier bite on my palm / callouses every time I use it.

Edc I alternate a leatherman wave and a leatherman rebar. Wave is slightly heavier, but blade is accessible without opening pliers. I keep a leatherman mut in the range bag.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom