If riots happened

SKS Ray

NES Member
And I don't want to start a whole other Obama thread, but speaking in a survival situation... if someone does do away with him and riots break out nationwide, do you have a plan to gather your family safely away from danger?

I can't imagine population density enough to be a problem in the western part of the state. I suppose I would stay home and watch the dissolution of the Great Experiment, the implosion of the Republic, on the couch. I might even tivo it. [smile]

I live in a fairly rural area. My plan would be to load up and hanker down.

Same... my big concern would be if I were out and about...mainly if I were at work...since I'm disarmed at work. And home is 60 miles away, though I have some out of the way paths to avoid the 'major' routes.

Ditto. The trick for me would be getting home if rioting broke out while at work. The rest of the family work very close to home.

Getting home is the key for me. My house should be safe, but being aware of the onset of unrest and responding quickly is the key for me. I have back road routes planned so I can avoid major highways with traffic and exposure (if things got really crazy).

Matt

Depending where the rest of the fam is at the time, I'll make my way to them to keep them safe and get them home...where we will be plenty safe from the masses.

MAN.. that would suck for me.. being in public safety.. my ass is screwed.. especially since im the public safety that ISNT allowed to carry a gun or wear a vest...

I ordered 500 feet of yellow police tape and a few signs off of ebay. They both read:
"STAY BACK 50 FEET, EXTREME BIOHAZARD WARNING"

My plan before I got those though, was to paint a sign that said
"Will trade firewood for food" and put it in my driveway.

How long would you expect a riot to last? I doubt it would be more than a couple weeks. Even that is pushing it.

Fortunately for me I have enough food for a bit, and deer are plentiful right in my back yard. I have a generator, enough fuel for a few weeks and a fireplace. Oh I also may or may not have a fair share of guns and ammo.

Like was said earlier, it's doubtful that any type of riot would affect the rural areas, so I probably wouldn't even notice a difference.

I actually doubt that if there were rioting it would affect anything other than urban areas. Even in the suburbs I doubt you would see much of anything. The biggest problem if he was to get killed is that moonbats everwhere would go ballistic and be looking for more government clamp down on our freedoms. All sorts of crap would be done in the name of "honoring Obama".

It is truly freaky how his supporters idolize him. I was at work having a conversation with a conservative friend - when we were joined by a guy I know is very liberal leaning - he started defending Obama with a shit eating grin on his face and a blank look in his eyes. When I asked how it was that Obama was going to "save us" - he could only respond with vague assertions of how smart he was and how everything would be alright.

It was truly freaky.

Boston would be interesting to watch... although I don't imagine it would leak much farther west than the Charles.

I suppose we'd have to hold the bridges...... [rolleyes]

Seriously, I'd be home (less than 3 miles from work) and hopefully my wife wasn't on the North Shore or NH with a client.

Im a Lieutenant on the Fire Department. Our dept policies specificly prohibit firearms in the workplace. Vests Im sure they wouldnt mind, but getting them might be an issue quickly

Im a Lieutenant on the Fire Department. Our dept policies specificly prohibit firearms in the workplace. Vests Im sure they wouldnt mind, but getting them might be an issue quickly

Doh!

I figured it was obvious...

So...the real question is how could you fit a vest on under the turnout gear?

The vest wouldnt be TOO much of a problem I dont think... especially a concealment vest.. I think, and this might generate conversation, I would RATHER have an outer vest that i could slip into and be visible. It would still have to be hangup free so i could put my coat over it. Helmets would be another issue. Ours would work fine for rocks and bricks, but no real face protection. The shields for riot stuff would be great for that, but dont know how theyd stand up to firefighting.

I can't imagine population density enough to be a problem in the western part of the state. I suppose I would stay home and watch the dissolution of the Great Experiment, the implosion of the Republic, on the couch. I might even tivo it. [smile]

Sounds like a plan to me, sit on the couch with my AK while watching the fun on FOX NEWS! If it were to spread out to me then I have escape routes all planned out. Riots don't really concern me as much as they should people in urban areas.

I think the initial riots would be just a small part. Yes, they could get very violent, with people killed, and property destroyed, but I think the tension after the fact with random retaliation would be just as bad, and would probably last for a long time.

Sounds like a plan to me, sit on the couch with my AK while watching the fun on FOX NEWS! If it were to spread out to me then I have escape routes all planned out. Riots don't really concern me as much as they should people in urban areas.

Yeah, Mikey can you imagine what a Pioneer Valley Riot would look like? A bunch of people throwing home made Patchouilli oil bombs at each other.

Funny (well, not ha ha funny) but I've thought about this myself quite a bit. I live in Framingham. A real mixed bag of a community. I'm basically on the path between the "rougher" (read: South) side of town and the Natick Mall. I'm in a great neighborhood of newish homes, but we abut some low income housing. I hate the idea od waiting around too long to see how things play aout but also don't want to lose my house, y'know? I mean let's face it, as well armed as I am, I stand zero chance defending my home against an angry mob, and my neighbors WILL be worthless. Ultimately, if the scanner makes it sound like things are going to Hell in a Handbasket locally we're bugging out to our small place in NH on a lake. My LEO brother is literally right next door up there and he knows his way around his AR and 870, same basic set up me, plus my M1A. (although he may be on forced duty by then) Gotta check my homeowner's police for the "Riot Clause" ;) .

Short version, I think we bug out North, assuming our NH friends havent dropped those 100 year old pines across 93 and 95 :)

Funny (well, not ha ha funny) but I've thought about this myself quite a bit. I live in Framingham. A real mixed bag of a community. I'm basically on the path between the "rougher" (read: South) side of town and the Natick Mall. I'm in a great neighborhood of newish homes, but we abut some low income housing. I hate the idea od waiting around too long to see how things play aout but also don't want to lose my house, y'know? I mean let's face it, as well armed as I am, I stand zero chance defending my home against an angry mob, and my neighbors WILL be worthless. Ultimately, if the scanner makes it sound like things are going to Hell in a Handbasket locally we're bugging out to our small place in NH on a lake. My LEO brother is literally right next door up there and he knows his way around his AR and 870, same basic set up me, plus my M1A. (although he may be on forced duty by then) Gotta check my homeowner's police for the "Riot Clause" ;) .

Short version, I think we bug out North, assuming our NH friends havent dropped those 100 year old pines across 93 and 95 :)

I don't know if this is really true or not - but I have seen this mentioned in a couple of books - and talked about in movies and such: If you are faced with defending yourself against a big crowd try to pick out some of the leaders - and drop them. Usually crowds do not have a mind of their own - they are driven by some people within the crowd. Drop the instigators - and the rest of the crowd wisens up pretty quickly.

Assuming that works - the real problem would come afterwards. Assuming that the people who rioted are locals - you could face retribution after the fact from those people who had been rioting and you drove back from your home.

People who resort to running around in crowds and rioting are being cowardly. If you are standing on your front steps and shooting people who are threatening your home - they may run away, and then come back later when things die down to throw molotov cocktails thru your windows - or burn your car - or other assorted mayhem.

If there are truly rioting crowds running thru the streets - and you are going to defend your home, it would be much better to position yourself in such a fashion as to avoid any connection between the person doing the shooting - and the home that you live in. Much better to have the leaders of the rioting taken out by random shots coming out of the darkness from behind a tree - or the local quickie mart - than from the front steps of your own home.

If there is a neighbor you truly don't like - offer to defend his house, from his front steps. And kill two birds with one stone.

I remember watching various Youtube videos that documented the riots in South Central LA. There was one party-goer who tried to persuade the crowd to direct their anger at those who caused their troubles and not take it out on residents and busnesses in their own neighborhoods. I believe he talked about taking the festivities out to Beverly Hills and beyond where they'd really attract attention.
Now....Tell me......what do you think would happen if the ravenous hoards invaded any area outside of their own home turf?

I'm not at all worried about civil unrest around my little corner of the South Shore. Any disgruntled Moonbats can be shooed away with a quick, sharp tongue.

I might be concerned about my daughter working up in Quincy and finding her way home.
I won't end up like Reginald Denney.......No way.
The closest to the City I have to go is the Citgo terminal in Braintree or the Southern Artery in Quincy.
I'm not worried.

I remember watching various Youtube videos that documented the riots in South Central LA. There was one party-goer who tried to persuade the crowd to direct their anger at those who caused their troubles and not take it out on residents and busnesses in their own neighborhoods. I believe he talked about taking the festivities out to Beverly Hills and beyond where they'd really attract attention.
Now....Tell me......what do you think would happen if the ravenous hoards invaded any area outside of their own home turf?

I'm not at all worried about civil unrest around my little corner of the South Shore. Any disgruntled Moonbats can be shooed away with a quick, sharp tongue.

I might be concerned about my daughter working up in Quincy and finding her way home.
I won't end up like Reginald Denney.......No way.
The closest to the City I have to go is the Citgo terminal in Braintree or the Southern Artery in Quincy.
I'm not worried.

I have seen mentions in a few forums and blogs during my travels of "potential rioters " saying things like you mentioned. That the "next time" there are big riots they should take the riots outside their own areas to the "people who have caused all their problems". Somehow I don't think even in MA that would go all too well. If rioters start spreading out of the cities you can bet there will be a lot of moonbats waking up the next day and heading down to the local gun store - same as there was in CA. They will be in for a rude shock when they find out what the gun laws are like in this state and they realize they will have to go home and defend their lives and their homes with a broomstick and harsh words.

Hey - maybe rioting won't be so bad after all!

Potential rioting is one of the reasons why I really hope that somebody does not asassinate Obama. Besides the fact that I think he needs to fail and fail miserably to make the moonbats pay some of a price for the error of their ways - but you KNOW that if he was to get shot the conspiracy theories would be rampant, the racial politics would be ridiculous, and the potential for rioting after that would increase tremendously - and in the case of an assassination it might well spill outside the cities into suburbs. An asassination could potentially cause a shitstorm of major proportions.

Moonbats being turned away from gun shops b/c of the MAss laws would be ironic and would put a smile on my face.

Lets hope nobody takes a shot at BO, the riots will be "manageable" compared to the gun control that would follow.

And I don't want to start a whole other Obama thread, but speaking in a survival situation... if someone does do away with him and riots break out nationwide, do you have a plan to gather your family safely away from danger?

1) not gonna happen.
2) such riots are not going to make it far out into the burbs. Look at history. When riots happened in 1968, where did they occur? When riots happened in LA after Rodney King, where did they occur? In the bad parts of town.
3) You're safer to bug-in than to bug-out.

Make no mistake, if BO dies of a gun shot, we are all completely 101% f@cked. Not sort of, not a bit, not mostly, but absolutely and completely F'ed.

Back
Top Bottom