• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to meet if the SHTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have way too much ammo for my sole AR, thanks to you-know-who, so let's meet up for sure, will trade .223 for peanut butter, my kids go through a jar every few days.

- - - Updated - - -

And you'll have 10,000 LA residents squatting on your front lawn in a few weeks, if the earthquake hasn't leveled half of Oregon first.

We allready have about 2.5 million kali folks here, most won't live past the first die off.

As a former NBC officer, I'm much more concerned with blast and radiation.
On a serious note:

1. GTFO of the Boston (or other populated) area.
Ironically in most crisis, more people move to cities.

But traveling anywhere will be far riskier than staying put, and consuming fuel and leaving all your home resources behind seems crazy.

As to vehicles, from the Wiki:

Some say that all vehicles traveling will come to a halt, with all modern vehicles damaged because of their use of modern electronics (and one movie even had a bulk, non-electronic part dying). Most likely there will be some vehicles affected, but probably just a small fraction of them (although this could create traffic jams in large cities). A car does not have very long cabling to act as antennas, and there is some protection from metallic construction. As non-metallic materials are used more and more in the future to decrease weight and increase fuel efficiency, this advantage may disappear.

http://www.futurescience.com/emp/vehicles.html

Last edited:
As a former NBC officer, I'm much more concerned with blast and radiation. Ironically in most crisis, more people move to cities.

But traveling anywhere will be far riskier than staying put, and consuming fuel and leaving all your home resources behind seems crazy.

Yeah, I don't believe EMPs will take out vehicles, although it might mess up the newest vehicles which require a working central computer to do anything.

Most of us realize how precarious a situation we are in these days.

An EMF / Nuclear attack will destroy the Internet. And render our vehicles inoperative.

WE WILL BE HELPLESS.

So let us, RIGHT NOW, determine places we can meet and plan.

We and our neighbors will need food, blankets, and most of all, HOPE.

I suggest we wear RED, and gather at 12 PM.

On Mass, North Shore, the Liberty Tree Mall seems logical to me.

When will we meet ?

Maybe, hopefully, never.

Thoughts ?

Note to self:

In the event of Armageddon avoid: Liberty Tree Mall.

Please advise regarding other potential locations. Thanks in advance.

As a former NBC officer, I'm much more concerned with blast and radiation. Ironically in most crisis, more people move to cities.

Blast and radiation are why I recommend GTFO of Boston (or any largish city) after the bombs/missiles quit dropping. Springfield will be a bad area, as will Albany and maybe Brattleboro. Burlington VT won't be good either, like Plattsburgh NY. I'm far enough away from them, and not downwind of any nearby known bad area.

All the more reason to like my old 2004 Nissan Xterra. Still uses old school mechanical distributor and all metal body panels.

Not angry.

Disappointed people are willing to let the Government decide their fate - yeah.

So what is your plan if your Internet, your Phone, your Vehicle, stopped operating tomorrow ?

Thought so.

It's nice to try and have such a plan for a meet up place JIC. If I'm meeting people I want to get to know them before TSHTF not after. After I will not be using resources traveling to a place hoping someone friendly might show up. I think the better idea is to get your support group in place before hand.

If there's a big EMP attack (anything bigger that will do more than just cause some power outages) I'm lighting up a cigar and getting out some Bourbon, because we're all going to die pretty soon anyways.

-Mike

All the more reason to like my old 2004 Nissan Xterra. Still uses old school mechanical distributor and all metal body panels.

Sorry but like everything else without points it has an ignition module which is an integrated circuit and is vulnerable to EMP.

Only sure thing would be something with points or an old mechanical diesel.

By spring I'll have my bugout property in the White Mountains. Though with the trash talk coming from the Russians I hope that's soon enough.

Sorry but like everything else without points it has an ignition module which is an integrated circuit and is vulnerable to EMP.

X2, anything gas pre 73 could have a ignition module. I have a 1984 Mercedes 300SD with a 5cyl diesel, all mechanical and I even ran it on 50/50 waste oil and fuel.
My only concern is being one of the only cars on the road makes you a big target.

Jason.

My Hotrod will run after the EMP and it is fast as hell. No reliance on electronics. I will head for Walmart, they have everything. [rofl]

How about a local bjs costco or walmart where we can take it over and clean it out as a group bfore the "super predators" from the cities realize whats going on and decide to come out and take it for..... oh yeah... they go for the liqur stores and flat screens first...

- - - Updated - - -

My Hotrod will run after the EMP and it is fast as hell. No reliance on electronics. I will head for Walmart, they have everything. [rofl]

My father has 2 '34 fords with flatheads. Run like tops. Can push start them if i need to. I think 1 has a crank.

So let us, RIGHT NOW, determine places we can meet and plan.

Not a chance, but here's a pro-tip for you, don't go posting your rally point on the internet. It's a good way to let a group of switched on dudes know where to roll up a bunch keyboard preppers.

If you don't already have a network of dudes you can rely on, you are behind the power curve.

The diesel would have to be old without an optical sensor and a mechanical HH, and you're not even guaranteed that a points setup would even work without a Faraday-protected coil to swap in. No carbs with feedback either. Think pre-'73 carbs, or a .mil diesel truck

Our gov went to a lot of effort to develop the neutron bomb that kills people but doesn't destroy a lot of property. There are no secrets and certianly our enemies have developed the same. People can be replaced but it cost too much to rebuild a nation and why destroy what you plan to take over. When the war starts run from people not to them, a crowd is a target...[smile]

home_1.jpg

The Good News About Nuclear Destruction

http://www.goodnewsnuke.com/

some .gov bean counter has decided that maybe fewer survivors in an event like this is actually a good thing, because there will be fewer to feed, house, control, etc after. What they may not have taken into account is that that those who have chosen to prepare to survive are going to be very, very pissed off at any .gov people left...because .gov was the reason that it happened.

So based on this thread when SHTF I'll be heading to a mall parking lot, await the arrival of an old truck running on Fri-o-lator oil driven by some dude with a tin foil hat, decide whether steak sauce or bbq sauce is best with people meat and then head to walmart to stock up on agreed upon sauce and moon pies. We'll then hit a packy and a dunks on our way out of town to complete our food prep. After that we'll be looking for like minded folk to team up with....who's in?

some .gov bean counter has decided that maybe fewer survivors in an event like this is actually a good thing, because there will be fewer to feed, house, control, etc after. What they may not have taken into account is that that those who have chosen to prepare to survive are going to be very, very pissed off at any .gov people left...because .gov was the reason that it happened.

The elites interpetations of Darwin are that the smart will be the survivors and they are the smart ones. They will get an education when the other survivors start getting around...[laugh]

So based on this thread when SHTF I'll be heading to a mall parking lot, await the arrival of an old truck running on Fri-o-lator oil driven by some dude with a tin foil hat, decide whether steak sauce or bbq sauce is best with people meat and then head to walmart to stock up on agreed upon sauce and moon pies. We'll then hit a packy and a dunks on our way out of town to complete our food prep. After that we'll be looking for like minded folk to team up with....who's in?

If that is YOUR PLAN, at least your're giving it some thought. And that is a start.

Twisted.......

[grin]

- - - Updated - - -

Think BICYCLES.

I've got one for every family member.

Helmets, too. Gotta' have Helmets. It's for the children.

Last edited:
How about a local bjs costco or walmart where we can take it over and clean it out as a group bfore the "super predators" from the cities realize whats going on and decide to come out and take it for..... oh yeah... they go for the liqur stores and flat screens first...

- - - Updated - - -

My father has 2 '34 fords with flatheads. Run like tops. Can push start them if i need to. I think 1 has a crank.

That is a damn good idea.

Plus those buildings are large, well insulated.

Not too tough to defend.

You could actually have fires inside to heat them if need be.

Toilet Paper, too !

PS: BJ's and Costco also have MAJOR LIQUOR - and Generators !

So screw the Liberty Tree Mall.

We'll meet at Costco on Rt 1.

So that's it.

We are all meeting at a local BJ's, Costco, Walmart (if you MUST).

Now we just need some old fashioned Combat Radios to communicate.

lmao
I'm in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pirates? Real ones. Not Johnny Depp and his cre. wStay away from known dangerous ares.they are real, dangerous. and probably desperate make sure your old-fashion nav skills are up to date (no GPS
)
If you live on the coast the ultimate SHTF vehicle is a boat big enough to survive on for weeks or months. You'd need to be able to desalinate water, fish for food and know out of the way places to anchor during the bad storms.

No starving neighbors or raiding parties knocking on your door.

So that's it.

We are all meeting at a local BJ's, Costco, Walmart (if you MUST).

Now we just need some old fashioned Combat Radios to communicate.

You are going to find the cops and their families heavily armed and occupying the bigger stores. Might pick a better spot to meet...[thinking]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom