• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ötzi the Iceman...

This guy's story is absolutely the most fascinating bit of long-term historical forensics imaginable. The story of how they've found what they've found is the interesting part; you learn about how the study of history has changed over the years.

I took a deep dive into Otzi a few years ago. They made a movie, which was interesting but (of course) completely speculative.

It's filmed in a reconstructed form of Rhaetian, which might be close-ish to the language he spoke, and there are no subtitles.

"The researchers were able to positively identify 19 men who have the same ancestry as Ötzi. But the surprising discovery has yet to be revealed to those most closely affected by it. The 19 men have not yet been informed of the results and it is not known whether the researchers will do so."

"The researchers were able to positively identify 19 men who have the same ancestry as Ötzi. But the surprising discovery has yet to be revealed to those most closely affected by it. The 19 men have not yet been informed of the results and it is not known whether the researchers will do so."

I'd want to know. What's the harm?

I'd imagine part of the concern is legal, in terms of the custody of the body.

Back
Top Bottom