IFAK Pull

So I wanted to make an IFAK that fit in a double mag pouch. I could get the stuff in the pouch fine but I couldn't get it out easily. So I made an insert to pull the stuff out easily. I took a piece of 2 in wide webbing, put Velcro on the ends and rubber banded the stuff to the webbing. Folded in half it slides into the pouch and I can pull the whole thing out quickly and everything stays together. Here are some pics:

Total cost was less than a buck. Only issue is that I need to sew the Velcro on the webbing in as the sticky doesn't work well.

Nice! Only suggestion would be to mark the outside in case your incapacitated. Most people overlook Med kits, with one that size no excuse not to have one!

1 NPA
1 TK4 tourniquet
1 4" Israeli Bandage
1 set HALO chest seals
4 nitrile gloves
1 Quikclot Gauze

We have CATs on our vests or PCs so the TK4 is a secondary.

I made another one that is more of a handout kit consisting of a TK4, muslin cravat and the old medium battle dressing. Added some gloves and a small length of duct tape. I used the red webbing and put them in some surplus canvas pouches I have. It was more an exercise in using extra stuff I had but it also makes a very cheap handout IFAK.

If you add a loop to secure some EMT shears you basically recreated the High Speed Gear Bleeder pouch for 5% of the cost. Nice work.a

I would definitely add some kind of red cross or other mark so someone knows where your med stuff is. Something the HSGI bleeder pouch is also missing.

Dark Angel Medical - Sig Sauer Med Course/Bullets and Bandages

nice, dude…good to know others think of this shit. i keep my usmc (probably expired) issued with me whenever I shoot.

it's not ME i'm worried about…btw.

I know its more then some want to spend, when you can make a decent one for so little.

But the instructor at the Sig Sauer Academy that teaches the Bullets and Bandages course, (Corp Man), has a site and sells his own kit as well.

He has some other products as well.

http://www.darkangelmedical.com/

I think the danger with the premade kits is if they are all sealed up people arent going to practice with them. It is great to have them but when you are bleeding is not the time to be reading the package. I buy my stuff in multiples and at least one is a practice piece.

1 NPA
1 TK4 tourniquet
1 4" Israeli Bandage
1 set HALO chest seals
4 nitrile gloves
1 Quikclot Gauze

We have CATs on our vests or PCs so the TK4 is a secondary.

I made another one that is more of a handout kit consisting of a TK4, muslin cravat and the old medium battle dressing. Added some gloves and a small length of duct tape. I used the red webbing and put them in some surplus canvas pouches I have. It was more an exercise in using extra stuff I had but it also makes a very cheap handout IFAK.

Thanks for the answer. Good kit.

Back
Top Bottom