• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If a Glock is a Toyota...

Hmmm... a Chevy Colorado a Ruger 380, grave digging tools and mountain bikes. Are the duct tape and zip ties that round out your Green River travel kit in the cab or the small toolbox?
JK buddy. Thanks for sharing. I don't know much about mountain bikes but what costs more? The truck or the two bikes in back? I know both bikes cost more than the Ruger
Those are oldies but goodies (the newer being the fatbike - the Dawg is 2004, as is the Stinky I'll be working on today). The only bike I ever bought new was the Dawg, and that was $1700 in 2004. The Wo was a shop demo ($1000, 2014 model year, bought late that year), and the Stinky via Ebay some years back for $700. That said, two off the shop floor today would easily best the Blue Book for the truck.

And yes, duct tape and zipties. [wink]

Jeep Grande Cherokee and P365. I wonder if that unconsciously triggered my SIG=Jeep

I like it. It says " I don't care if the Governor says to stay off the roads. I am going home" Not a Jeep Cherokee fan, but its a whole lot better than a Ford Escape. [laugh]

Those are oldies but goodies (the newer being the fatbike - the Dawg is 2004, as is the Stinky I'll be working on today). The only bike I ever bought new was the Dawg, and that was $1700 in 2004. The Wo was a shop demo ($1000, 2014 model year, bought late that year), and the Stinky via Ebay some years back for $700. That said, two off the shop floor today would easily best the Blue Book for the truck.

And yes, duct tape and zipties. [wink]
Pure awesome right there! Trail riding is your passion and everything else is just a means to that end. Straight up commitment. Two thumbs up.

👍👍

Pure awesome right there! Trail riding is your passion and everything else is just a means to that end. Straight up commitment. Two thumbs up.

👍👍
And trail building/maintenance (what those tools are actually for).

To which, of course, we add my trusty Katanaboy in a scabbard strapped to the side of my 5.11 riding pack.

KatanaBoyStarCROPPED.jpg

HK is Tesla Model S, every douche owns one, cant wait to tell you about it, think they're saving the world by owning one.

It would be interesting to know what kind of guns NES'rs carry and what they drive.
First we have to agree that there are three categories for vehicles. Truck guys, SUV guys and sedan guys. ( and gals )
For example, I am a Chevy truck/Sig guy. Black Silverado Z71 with a Sig almost always on my hip.
You might be an F-150/ Glock type of guy/gal. It's OK to be wrong.;)
Pretty sure Dr. Grant is a certified pre-owned Lexus sedan/ Glock guy. This illustrates that even smart guys can be a little crazy. [dance]
Enbloc strikes me as a Gran Torino/ series 70- 1911 guy.[laugh].
I think SauerGrapes is a S&W 1911 commander chick. So I figure she likely drives a sporty SUV. Something practical but kinda sexy without being too much of an attention grabber.
Nail/head......years ago when I was a bit of a wild child, I had an Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate. That '79 cherry red convertible was too much, I was jealous of her. So numerous cars later, Saab Sonett, Camaro, Subaru Brat, and resigning
to a Station Wagon when kiddos came along. Now it's just me and my dog in a RAV4. Sexy by default ;) lolz

Glock any model = Porsche 911 any model

Both perfect at birth, neither needs "fixing" on purchase and each does exactly what it was designed for without a lot of fanfare or flash!!!

Current - G17 G1 and 992 CS

I think CZ is more like the pre-1994 Swedish SAAB: quirky design but when you think about why they did it that way the engineering genius becomes apparent, and awesome fun to use.

Walther is more like Audi than like VW: pretends to be more than it is, needlessly complicated and a nightmare to work on.

Who doesn't like a Mopar ? I love my Ruger handguns and rifle.

If you own that car, you'd know how much work it is to keep it running right. Assuming there's real ram air under that scoop.

1599929763501.png

That's about the stance mine had (minus the underinflated front tires). Midnight Blue, 428 Cobra Jet .30 over, heads were shaved due to a slight warp/sealing issue. When I only chirped the tires going into 2nd, I realized I'm stupid and only put on 4 spark plug wires after changing the plugs.

BUT, I had to tinker with it all the damn time to keep it a fire breathing, tire smoking monster.

It would be interesting to know what kind of guns NES'rs carry and what they drive.
First we have to agree that there are three categories for vehicles. Truck guys, SUV guys and sedan guys. ( and gals )
For example, I am a Chevy truck/Sig guy. Black Silverado Z71 with a Sig almost always on my hip.
You might be an F-150/ Glock type of guy/gal. It's OK to be wrong.;)
Pretty sure Dr. Grant is a certified pre-owned Lexus sedan/ Glock guy. This illustrates that even smart guys can be a little crazy. [dance]
Enbloc strikes me as a Gran Torino/ series 70- 1911 guy.[laugh].
I think SauerGrapes is a S&W 1911 commander chick. So I figure she likely drives a sporty SUV. Something practical but kinda sexy without being too much of an attention grabber.
Sp101 revolver/ tacoma off road edition

Guess I'm a little outside the box. Which......is generally true for me anyway.

OK, let's go the other direction. Presently I have that Colorado - the fourth vehicle I've ever owned. My previous rides:

1979 Monte Carlo (powder blue, but I thought it was beige cuz I never washed it - one day I did and "holy shit, it's blue!")
1985 Beauville Van (red and silver)
1997 S10 (white, and also with utility cap)

What firearms would these imply? (As regards the van, some people who knew me called it my ANFOmobile, but that's not a firearm.)

View attachment 389122

on the Mopar part. Ruger rifles, I generally don't have a real issue with.

I'm still considering an HnK USP when I retire as my 'retirement carry'. 15 years and thousands of rounds, worked like a street whore up to the day I turned it in. But, I guess, like a BMW, there are a couple weak links in the system, but like an old Ford, the HnK is pretty easy to work on.

I already have 2 G23's, so it'll have to be a conscious decision to make, a 'want', not a 'need'.

I miss my VP9.

There are some No. 1 and Model 77 and older revolvers out there that are certainly highly desired.

The reason that most Rugers aren't "collectible", is that they're all in use. No safe queens from Ruger, just solid rugged guns.

Back
Top Bottom