• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If a Glock is a Toyota...

Driving home the other day I started to ponder where FN falls into this kind of categorization and that started me thinking about other manufacturers. So I came up with the following:

Glock - Toyota - Dependable
SIG - Jeep - Mainstream with marketing
S&W - Ford - Affordable and pretty good quality
Walther - Volkswagen - Common man German engineering.
FN - Alpha Romeo - Over priced, slightly exotic

I guess SIG could be Chevy then you have the top three as SIG, S&W, and Glock; Chevy, Ford, Toyota

more to go...

Ruger, Mosseburg, Steyr, Kahr, Kimber

Nissan, Lexus, Range Rover, Jaguar, KIA
After watching the Demolition Ranch Hi Point video, they might be ugly AF, but Hi Points are the Toyotas of the gun world. The guy tried every barrel obstruction you can think of and the guns kept shooting. He had to shoot at the guns to make them stop working.

Glocks are more like the Pintos.

I have the same gun choices, and am considering a Ridgeline!
Don’t listen to that idiot @Dontdrivedrunk, apparently his manhood is all about what he drives, The Ridgeline is an awesome vehicle if you want a Truck/car combo, it’s got the backseat as well as a bed with a built in lockable trunk. Decent gas mileage compared to other trucks and great in the snow. The downside is it’s not going to haul a trailer Like a Silverado or Tundra ect.. depends on your needs.

Don’t listen to that idiot @Dontdrivedrunk, apparently his manhood is all about what he drives, The Ridgeline is an awesome vehicle if you want a Truck/car combo, it’s got the backseat as well as a bed with a built in lockable trunk. Decent gas mileage compared to other trucks and great in the snow. The downside is it’s not going to haul a trailer Like a Silverado or Tundra ect.. depends on your needs.
And VTEC is pretty sweet when passing people on the highway.

If you own that car, you'd know how much work it is to keep it running right. Assuming there's real ram air under that scoop.

That's about the stance mine had (minus the underinflated front tires). Midnight Blue, 428 Cobra Jet .30 over, heads were shaved due to a slight warp/sealing issue. When I only chirped the tires going into 2nd, I realized I'm stupid and only put on 4 spark plug wires after changing the plugs.

BUT, I had to tinker with it all the damn time to keep it a fire breathing, tire smoking monster.

Well, at least Ruger has great customer service ... [wink]

OK, let's go the other direction. Presently I have that Colorado - the fourth vehicle I've ever owned. My previous rides:

1979 Monte Carlo (powder blue, but I thought it was beige cuz I never washed it - one day I did and "holy shit, it's blue!")
1985 Beauville Van (red and silver)
1997 S10 (white, and also with utility cap)

What firearms would these imply? (As regards the van, some people who knew me called it my ANFOmobile, but that's not a firearm.)

It would imply a Ruger 380. [laugh]

Can you fit a 16 inch MSR in the trunk? Softcase or hard case

That in-bed trunk for the Ridgeline is brilliant. Especially dig the spare tire being protected from salt and weather.

Dude, it's a unibody "truck".

Not sure what this makes me, but here is what I drive, what I carry, and what I grab when the SHTF:

2018 Audi A5 S-line w/Prestige package, S5 ignition button, S-line ground/entry lights, S5 spoiler, K&N filter, Neuspeed power module...
BDF0FE9A-277C-4CF6-83D7-3ECFAD9D54A9.jpeg

Glock 19 Gen 3 with an Agency barrel, steel guide rod, Apex trigger, Truglo fiber optic/tritium sights and Pearce extension...
EBA2D2C8-D08A-49F4-AF8E-4D1DBC97D4AB.jpeg

S&W M&P15T with Magpul ACS stock and grip, Tango VFG, Troy HK BUIS, PWS Comp, Geissele SSA-E trigger, BCM enhanced charging handle, BCM bolt/extractor upgrade kit, Magpul B.A.D. lever, BCM H2 buffer, VTAC sling and the latest addition, an Elcan Specter DR 1-4x optic
41E3700B-46A4-4EA7-89C2-E6C06A1AD769.jpeg

In my mind, this is what I see when it's TEOTWAWKI. In my head, I’m Nux in this scene [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W28kNzz50pw

Last edited:
We need more people like Mav in this world. People with good shit, Totally worth taking from him when SHTF. That Elcan will be awesome on my BCM. I'll trade the rifle and the car for a few sex slaves.

Glock any model = Porsche 911 any model

Both perfect at birth, neither needs "fixing" on purchase and each does exactly what it was designed for without a lot of fanfare or flash!!!

Current - G17 G1 and 992 CS

I love my Glocks, but I wouldn’t put either of them in the same class as my C4S. True, neither “needs” anything out of the box, but the 992s are flashy and look flipping amazing. Glocks are simple, efficient, and effective, unless you go all Gucci on it.

I put Glocks in MKIV Supra or Z32 class - great out of the box, old and simple design, but a ton of aftermarket support to make it whatever you want. Just because Glocks are from Austria doesn’t force any connection to German sports car legacies! Oh, and see sig.

We need more people like Mav in this world. People with good shit, Totally worth taking from him when SHTF. That Elcan will be awesome on my BCM. I'll trade the rifle and the car for a few sex slaves.

You sir win the internet today. BTW, I'd like to jump start the bottlecap economy... How many bottlecaps for one of your sex slaves?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVEh1LTWxxI

Back
Top Bottom