• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If a Glock is a Toyota...

ErnstStavro

NES Member
Driving home the other day I started to ponder where FN falls into this kind of categorization and that started me thinking about other manufacturers. So I came up with the following:

Glock - Toyota - Dependable
SIG - Jeep - Mainstream with marketing
S&W - Ford - Affordable and pretty good quality
Walther - Volkswagen - Common man German engineering.
FN - Alpha Romeo - Over priced, slightly exotic

I guess SIG could be Chevy then you have the top three as SIG, S&W, and Glock; Chevy, Ford, Toyota

more to go...

Ruger, Mosseburg, Steyr, Kahr, Kimber

Nissan, Lexus, Range Rover, Jaguar, KIA

Mossberg is Toyota Tacoma - simple, reliable, cheap, gets the job done.

Kimber is a G65 AMG - overpriced, unreliable, and you have no idea why anyone would buy one. If the Kardashians own a gun, it's a Kimber for sure.

Ruger = Mopar -- dependable everyman's ride.
Ruger LCP:

iu

[laugh]

(And yes, I carry one.)

Ruger = Mopar -- dependable everyman's ride.
1599919652150.png

on the Mopar part. Ruger rifles, I generally don't have a real issue with.

Was thinking BMW. An overpriced VW (Audi?) They do after all have a freaking volks-pistol ‘people’s pistol’ in the VP9.

I'm still considering an HnK USP when I retire as my 'retirement carry'. 15 years and thousands of rounds, worked like a street whore up to the day I turned it in. But, I guess, like a BMW, there are a couple weak links in the system, but like an old Ford, the HnK is pretty easy to work on.

I already have 2 G23's, so it'll have to be a conscious decision to make, a 'want', not a 'need'.

Glock= Ford truck. Not much to look at, but will drag you home on 6 cylinders.
Kimber= Definitely Cadillac, for the already stated reasons. Yes, I own one.
Dan Wesson=Ferrari. Great for track days, but not necessarily something you want to get dinged up with everyday driving.
AK= 1990s Dodge trucks, everyone has fond memories, but the reality is something different. (yes, I own one, no, it's not my zombie gun)
AR= Honda Civic, generally dependable, lots of aftermarket parts to look good and actually go fast. How fast you wanna go? How much can you spend?
Sig= Acura. Honda, but when you kinda have extra money to spend.
SnW= Chevy?
Ruger= Kia. It's like a Hyundai, but it's not.
Springfield= Any 'top of the line trim' from the Big 3. I kinda had extra money, but not pretentious enough to get the Lincoln or Caddy.

Ok, I'm out of opinions. Some are similar, some are different.

It would be interesting to know what kind of guns NES'rs carry and what they drive.
First we have to agree that there are three categories for vehicles. Truck guys, SUV guys and sedan guys. ( and gals )
For example, I am a Chevy truck/Sig guy. Black Silverado Z71 with a Sig almost always on my hip.
You might be an F-150/ Glock type of guy/gal. It's OK to be wrong.;)
Pretty sure Dr. Grant is a certified pre-owned Lexus sedan/ Glock guy. This illustrates that even smart guys can be a little crazy. [dance]
Enbloc strikes me as a Gran Torino/ series 70- 1911 guy.[laugh].
I think SauerGrapes is a S&W 1911 commander chick. So I figure she likely drives a sporty SUV. Something practical but kinda sexy without being too much of an attention grabber.

It would be interesting to know what kind of guns NES'rs carry and what they drive.
First we have to agree that there are three categories for vehicles. Truck guys, SUV guys and sedan guys. ( and gals )
For example, I am a Chevy truck/Sig guy. Black Silverado Z71 with a Sig almost always on my hip.
Pretty sure Dr. Grant is a certified pre-owned Lexus sedan/ Glock guy. This illustrates that even smart guys can be a little crazy. [dance]
I think SauerGrapes is a S&W 1911 commander chick. So I figure she likely drives a sporty SUV. Something practical but kinda sexy without being too much of an attention grabber.
Well:

2017-08-13 12.51.25.jpg
20200716_123341.jpg

+

iu

[grin]

Never thought about it before but my Glock 34 and Honda Pilot came from the same rationale. "What brand's the most reliable and tolerant of neglect, and then what's the biggest model they make?"

You guys took it to a new level with Make/Model = Gun Make/Model. Who knew my AR would be a pimped out Civic. Now my head is starting to hurt with all the possibilities.

Hmmm... a Chevy Colorado a Ruger 380, grave digging tools and mountain bikes. Are the duct tape and zip ties that round out your Green River travel kit in the cab or the small toolbox?
JK buddy. Thanks for sharing. I don't know much about mountain bikes but what costs more? The truck or the two bikes in back? I know both bikes cost more than the Ruger

Jeep Grande Cherokee and P365. I wonder if that unconsciously triggered my SIG=Jeep

Back
Top Bottom