• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how many firearms did you buy in your first year?

13 since last November. I have one on hold, I am picking it up on Saturday when I get back from a business trip. That will be 14 in 4 months. But I am in NH. Just got my pistol permit last month and my FFL C&R should arrive any day now. So I am on track for some very large number by the end of the first year.

Mosin Nagant and AR-15 within 6 months.

Still got a few more months to go and eyeing 2 more guns right now.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

So far I think I am up to 7 and 1 more month to a year. Is it bad that I feel like there is a rifle I'm not thinking of in my safe? Does a PSL kit count?

I hate to see what your credit card bills look like... Im sure most of you have ways to justify your spending, but don't kid yourselves.

It's never the guns on the plastic that gets me into trouble. It's either the effing car or gadgets.

ltc unrestricted last june. so far, bought nothing. but following that ruger 10/22 thread here with interest. ront

Not enough! While we kept finding things we "couldn't live without" in the first year, at much more than a year, we still do.

I bought one
I barely could afford the one I bought
I knew absolutley nothing but ended up with a pretty good first choice.
I bought a CZ 9MM and I loaded both mags with Federal hydroshock.
I had an extra mag I used for range practice only
The 2 mags of defense ammo stayed loaded for well over 15 years.
The day before I sold the gun I fired both mags without 1 single failure of any kind
You should have seen the almost Brown color that the copper tips had become from so many years.
The moral of the story that is hidden here would be as follows
1. buy as much as you can afford and buy quality, 1 good gun is better than 5 P.O.S. Guns
2. A loaded mag left forever will not ever hurt the spring, at least not in your lifetime.
So now Present day I have well over 30 guns and counting.

I started shooting many years ago, remembering my dad getting them in the mail, those were the good ol' days. When I was old enough to start buying them on my own, I bought a few rifles and a few handguns, one of which was a Colt Python with a 3" barrel, I'll be buried with that one. That and the Smith 29 are by far my most favorite wheelies. My first rifle I bought was a used Marlin 39a from 1938, the old timer who I bought it from for 75 bucks said he only shot a box of bullets through that one, he had another 4 or 5 39's he shot all the time, I know he had one from around 1900, but that was a Marlin 1897 which then became the 39, damn I wanted that. All I know is buying guns is contagious and will make your cash flow cease, but your investment in the hobby and passion is priceless. Have fun and never buy junk.

I got no firearm for about 18 months after acquiring my LTC. But once I pop the cherry, it's unstoppable. I just want more & more. Now, my desired slow down a lot. I guess I need to look for a blue pill specific for firearm and fix my aging urged. [wink]

Sent from my stupid iPad

In my first year? none. In my second year, one (12g shotgun). In my third year, one (9mm pistol). I also have a .22LR rifle on semi-permanent loan from an unlicensed relative. Maybe I should start selling off some of my fishing stuff to earn gun money. I have over twenty high-end rod&reel combinations which I could probably pare down...

Getting my license soon and only planned on getting 1 or 2, but you guys are making me think thats not gonna happen

I bought my first gun the day I got my license coincidentally it was Independence Day. I know I bought a Remington .22 later that summer. Sometime after that I bought an AK and then a Kel Tek sub2000. Without looking at all my paper work I would say 2-4 the first year.

The first year I could legally own MY OWN guns, I was 18 and still in the military. They supplied the guns and ammo.

After I was out of the military at 21 I could own guns without a permit but didn't own any. I was busy paying rent and tuition.

At 25 I was burgled. I was afraid to enter my own home (turns out to have been a smart, move, my burglar was arrested with a .25 auto). The next day I went to a gun show and bought a piece of SHIT Ruger P90 in .45 ACP which I carried concealed for a while. On the night I got robbed, I vowed I would never again be defenseless in the presence of armed criminals.

Absent immoral state laws which have prevented me from doing so for periods of time (Mass. sucks ASS) I have kept that vow and never been unarmed since.

the first year I bought the Ruger, I sold it and bought a browning Hi-Power. Later that year I bought a second gun, a S&W 1076. Two guns was as many as I ever wned for years and years. It wasn't until my 40s that I had the disposable income to have a "collection."

It's not the number, it's the intent and the competence.

Back
Top Bottom