• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how many firearms did you buy in your first year?

The first year I could legally own MY OWN guns, I was 18 and still in the military. They supplied the guns and ammo.

After I was out of the military at 21 I could own guns without a permit but didn't own any. I was busy paying rent and tuition.

At 25 I was burgled. I was afraid to enter my own home (turns out to have been a smart, move, my burglar was arrested with a .25 auto). The next day I went to a gun show and bought a piece of SHIT Ruger P90 in .45 ACP which I carried concealed for a while. On the night I got robbed, I vowed I would never again be defenseless in the presence of armed criminals.

Absent immoral state laws which have prevented me from doing so for periods of time (Mass. sucks ASS) I have kept that vow and never been unarmed since.

The first year I bought the Ruger, I sold it and bought a browning Hi-Power. Later that year I bought a second gun, a S&W 1076. Two guns was as many as I ever owned for years and years. It wasn't until my 40s that I had the disposable income to have a "collection."

It's not the number, it's the intent and the competence.

My wife insists that I include HER experience.

The first year after she got her LTC we bought a 1911, a Ruger Security Six, A Ruger mini-14, a SIG 556, a Beretta 92fs, a S&W 2506, a Sig P220, a Marlin 336 RW a Marlin Glenfield .22, a Winchester 1300, a Colt Woodsman and a Lee Enfield. -That's when the gun fund ran out.

So ya, that's 12 guns in the first year she was "allowed" to own them under Mass.' immoral gun laws and she went hog wild. All but two of those purchases were HER guns.

Come to think of it, the prohibition of guns under Mass. law may actually make for MORE rabid gun-nuts than free states' lackadaisical approach. You ALWAYS want more of what you "can't" have.

12. I should have more. What I found particularly gratifying was buying my Kahr PM9 on the Mass Tax Free holiday weekend a couple years back. You get your toy, and the state that restricts you from buying out of state doesn't get squat.

When women ask me why I need more than one, I just say "think of it like shoes". Then they get it.

I bought a Rifle and Shotgun when I was 18 with my FID card and as soon as I got my LTC this past September I bought a Glock 21 and Remington R1 and a Smith&Wesson M&P 15 all within 2 weeks. I am currently saving some money to buy a Nice wheel gun in probably 357. I still haven't shot my AR15 yet because of the ammo shortage. [crying]

15 months after I got my ltc-a in '09 (after Obama's election) until getting a shotgun in '10. Another year before getting an m&p9c. Then the ar-15 & 1911 last year. Acquired a 10/22 from my bil somewhere spring '11.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I bought a Rifle and Shotgun when I was 18 with my FID card and as soon as I got my LTC this past September I bought a Glock 21 and Remington R1 and a Smith&Wesson M&P 15 all within 2 weeks. I am currently saving some money to buy a Nice wheel gun in probably 357. I still haven't shot my AR15 yet because of the ammo shortage. [crying]

Where do you live? I'll share a box with you. Good karma day.

I'll just say that anything I bought in the first year, I no longer own. The point being, slow down and take a more measured approach so you get what you really want.

A very long time ago. During the 12 months after getting my first FID and LTC I bought 8 guns and sold off the first one I ever bought (not suited to my purpose).

I just hit my 1 year mark since getting my LTC, and I got up to 7. It's slowing down a bit right now it seems since I have everything that suits my needs...for now...I did just buy a .308 lower though

Where do you live? I'll share a box with you. Good karma day.

I live in Medford, I have some ammo just not enough to enjoy myself and do not want to be caught empty handed. Thanks for the offer. Plus i am still waiting for my optic to come in so I can sight in the dang thing.

P99, AK, Mosin, tec piece of shit, derringer, glock 23, Bushwhacker piece of shit, I forgot a few. Year 1. Quite a few I got rid of, specifically the pieces of shit.

you can talk about your first gun and your favorite, also the one you wish you never sold but NEVER...NEVER...talk about how many guns, that my friend is for you only to know. Oh by the way all newbees need the basic following: large handgun, small handgun, scatter gun, semi auto rifle, long gun & some chinese piece-O-crap. Go from there and figure out what you like, need and want.

My first 12 months aren't up yet, I think I'm 9 months in. So far (in this order) Remington 870, Shield 9mm, SR22. Also got an O/U as a gift.
Before my 12 months is up I plan to have built an AR. YAAAAAY good first year.

At the least.. 2 a month for the past 8 years. I have traded/sold most of them... but def need a MUCH larger safe!

Back
Top Bottom