• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how many firearms did you buy in your first year?

I've only bought a few overall. I inherited a couple which spurred me to get my license and then filled out some gaps I saw. I'm not really looking to add others (beyond a current GB), but would like to find some time to go shoot the ones I have.

My wife & oldest daughter had their LTC-A's in 2008 before the Election, and I had mine by March of 2009. When I got my license, I believe the girls already had 17 combined. The next 12 months we added about 50 more.

Understand that this was 2008/2009, between our new commander in chief and our governor trying to push through the one gun a month law, we were jumping into the game kinda late. It was more about quantity. Not that I bought crap, just a lot of used stuff. Mostly long guns, with the ammo shortage, we bought guns to match the available ammo. Lots of 16Ga & 20Ga, milsurp SKS's, FN-49's & Mauser's. Older 30-06,308 Win & .22. Mostly bolt action rifles with a few auto loaders.

In early 2012, we decided to get ahead of the upcoming election, but we focused on ammo instead of guns. That worked out pretty well.

I've blown nearly 40k since getting my ltc last April. AKs ARs Saigas 6 1911's. all nice eseries etc.. Berettas. Boy I love my new savage arms 10-ba. Bought a shield last week cause the store had it. I don't even like mp platform. But it was there!

I've blown nearly 40k since getting my ltc last April. AKs ARs Saigas 6 1911's. all nice eseries etc.. Berettas. Boy I love my new savage arms 10-ba. Bought a shield last week cause the store had it. I don't even like mp platform. But it was there!

all I can say is, never, EVER let a category be created in your credit card categories called 'guns'.

10 the first year...I have about $50K spent in guns, safes, reloading equipment, reloading sullies, ammo, etc since I got my license....been at it 3 years and the buying has slowed considerably....a lot of safe queens....

Last edited:
My answer to any similar questions is "how many pairs of socks do you own?" to which the response is generally "I'm not really sure, I'd have to count them". Ah, now you understand :)

Two handguns and one rifle so far, but I still have a long way to go in my first year. I'm thinking I will add a shotgun, one or two more handguns, and hopefully an AR-15 build if I can find the parts.

I have bought 10 since getting my LTC January 2nd this year. My wife who is just finally accepting guns since Newtown said to me "I thought you were only going to get one gun" I said I only have one! One of this one of that... She didn't see it as funny as I seen it...

Mike

Received my ltc in spetember up to 21 but sold 5 now down to 16. I just couldn't say no to the prices:)

Fun thread:)

Moved here 4 years ago. Took the class 2ish years ago. Up to 5 handguns, 11 long guns. Outgrew the 8-gun stack-on cabinet, now its 80% full of ammo and the 14 gun safe has room for a couple more. Once the g/f gets her ltc (any day now) there will probably be a new addition or two in both categories, followed by another, bigger safe...

I got into firearms years ago. bought about 8. took a break for years and did other things like raise kids. moved to NH and did not have a Range. eventually found one. first year back into it, bought 10. Discovered NES which introduced me to my C&R liicense......BEWARE!!!!!

I can't even bring myself to admit to what "year 2" was like. nevermind years 4,5,6,

Juergen, i am catching up!!

Back
Top Bottom