• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how many firearms did you buy in your first year?

Same here. Of course, my "first year" was 1968, I was still in college, and didn't have two nickels to rub together. That pump shotgun was the only firearm I owned for a few years. I still have it, but it developed a severe headspace problem many years ago and had to be retired.

Same here. Of course, my "first year" was 1968, I was still in college, and didn't have two nickels to rub together. That pump shotgun was the only firearm I owned for a few years. I still have it, but it developed a severe headspace problem many years ago and had to be retired.
That was my born on date LOL. Got my mossberg in 83..

Just remember the perfect number if guns is n+1 where n is the number you currently own.

I think in my first year (2001) it was about 2 guns a month, and pretty much every year after that untill 2005 when I got my FFL to support my gun habit. I think I have had about 1200 gun run threw my FFL from 2005 untill now. I kept a few of them. I had to slow down a bit because the guns I was getting where alot more expensive, then in the beginning (semi auto Maxim, Semi Auto MG34, Galil, Israeli FAL Cobray M11 SMG etc)

I bought my first gun (sw99 .40) and didnt buy any more for 9 years. then i bought a sw .38 Bodyguard revolver, Ruger SR40c, Mosin Nagant and 9mm Highpoint Carbine all in the span of one month. Just getting started!

I'm about 8 months in, and so far it's just been the one ... Ruger SR9C. LOVE it, but now I'm planning some company. Compact .45, Marlin Camp 9 (and maybe a 59-series to go with it), and probably a Mossberg 500 of some shape. Just can't shake the itch, dammit .......

This is no different than any other collecting hobby, there's a first year feeding frenzy. Mine was so long ago I can't remember how overboard I went.

I hate to see what your credit card bills look like... Im sure most of you have ways to justify your spending, but don't kid yourselves.

I know I went overboard my first few years. Fortunately I was able to sell off a lot of my surplus without getting too badly burned. Now I have a small but respectable collection, that Ithe have the time and money to shoot, and if I want something new, I gotta sell something. My extra money goes to a downpayment, retirement and saving for a kid. Works out well.

I guess you would need a credit card to say this. Me, I don't have one...if I don't have the cash, I don't buy something. Well, I lie...I have a couple of store cards that I use when I want something. But I only buy on those, "Get 3 years same as cash" deals. But I only buy when I have the cash to do it...and I still end up paying it off in a few months at the most.

Now, the the OP's question. I would say none as I was six years old when my Grandfather told me that the Winchester 190 was mine. I still have that rifle, but couldn't buy any more as I was six. I was 11 before my Grandfather gave me a Remington 1100 to use to shoot skeet in the back yard. It was like that growing up until I was old enough to buy my own.

4 ...... three pistols and an ak ... then was revoked ..... 8 years later ...about 15 more in the first 6 months, with no Intent on Stopping ... support your local firearms dealer, ,,b4 not so good ol' politicians take more of your freedoms/constitutional rights ....I say "your freedoms" ...because here in MA. Our's have been gone for awhile .....

I hate to see what your credit card bills look like... Im sure most of you have ways to justify your spending, but don't kid yourselves.
Credit card bills not bad luckily I've been working 70+ hour weeks since September! I also consider guns an ammo a hedge against inflation... You know diversify the portfolio! Lol

Back
Top Bottom