Gunbroker Nightmare

Must be nice to be a faggot hiding behind a keyboard. Are you that mouthy with your husband?
Oooooo.....that's mighty seventh grade of you.....I'm crushed. Is there anything else you're incompetent at besides buying guns?

By the way, you really should change the title of your original post......it implies some type of fault lies with Gunbroker when the mess you're in is 100% your fault for not doing your due diligence.

ordered a gun on Gunbroker and had it shipped to what I thought was my LGS, however they changed ownership two years ago and maintained essentially the same business name with an address one block away.
my takeaway is you don't go to your local gun shop very often then...2 years ago you say they changed ownership...and you didn't know. holy smokes, technically, to be "my" lgs, i'd think you'd have physically to go in every so often, do your part to help keep the lights on and buy a package of cleaning patches or some other high dollar item, rather than be "my" lgs just because they are located in a general vicinity to your living quarters.

but your issue probably will be solved in time. but when you air your stupidity on a public forum you should expect some off the wall answers.

and i remember maybe 5 years ago, i got an email from a mid-west gun shop saying my new g26 is on the way. they attached a copy of the invoice also. my name, my address. i was doing a happy dance, free gun! as long as i wasn't paying for it bring it on. sadly, my free gun never showed up, but i was prepared to keep it. i do know it went lost for several days and in the end, the original person who did the ordering got their package. what that story has to do with why the economy is tanking i dunno.

and i remember maybe 5 years ago, i got an email from a mid-west gun shop saying my new g26 is on the way. they attached a copy of the invoice also. my name, my address. i was doing a happy dance, free gun! as long as i wasn't paying for it bring it on. sadly, my free gun never showed up, but i was prepared to keep it. i do know it went lost for several days and in the end, the original person who did the ordering got their package. what that story has to do with why the economy is tanking i dunno.
I've been waiting for good Karma to come my way... Primary Arms shipped me a $500 optic a few years ago. Never ordered it. Invoice in the box was mine for what I did order.. it's was like $15 worth of random stuff, but it wasn't in the box. Switcheroo must have happened.
I called them and they sent me a label to ship it back and they resent my correct order.

OP - I would contact the Postmaster's office for Fairbanks if you hit a wall.
My suspicion is that it will be sorted out in short order. The FFL that has not responded is probably out hunting moose, or whatever is in season.
If the gun never shows up ( but it probably will ) for sure file a claim with the credit card folks. You never received the item you purchased.
It may take a week or two, just cuz Alaska, but you will get your Sig or your money.
Best of luck.

This thread is a dumpster fire. I love it.
Open an inquiry with USPS, talk to the postmaster. If the package is undeliverable its going to get send back to sender eventually.
I can't imagine having a item sent to an FFL without confirming that the FFL will accept it much less confirming that the FFL still exists.

Open an inquiry with USPS, talk to the postmaster. If the package is undeliverable its going to get send back to sender eventually.
I can't imagine having a item sent to an FFL without confirming that the FFL will accept it much less confirming that the FFL still exists.
I have told this one before ... I have an FFL I use for certain transfers, great guy, but he is old and grumpy.

I always call him before a transfer and he always says with a grumpy voice "If I am on GB, I will take it" ... what I never tell him is that I am really calling to make sure he is still in business / alive.

Would be different if it was a different store or one of the dealers I frequent regularly.

It is good practice to:

1. Check the FFL is still around (if you don't go often).

2. Triple check the FFL in GB. I ship most of my stuff to a Mill FFL, last week GB decided to randomly change the FFL to a different one. This is the second time it happened to me, the first was with a bolt action rifle, instead of going to the mill it went to the FFL 5min from my house. No issues with transfer, but I learned my lesson. I didn't catch it the first time, but I caught it the second time.

I always call him before a transfer and he always says with a grumpy voice "If I am on GB, I will take it" ... what I never tell him is that I am really calling to make sure he is still in business / alive.
The problem is they can die in the meantime. I almost used a guy who opened a new gun store in my town but I decided to go with the guy further away that I was using previously. the local guy off himself on his motorcycle. Pieces and parts on CT rt 8.

If it's important I think using a multi-person FFL would be best.

OP - I would contact the Postmaster's office for Fairbanks if you hit a wall.
My suspicion is that it will be sorted out in short order. The FFL that has not responded is probably out hunting moose, or whatever is in season.
If the gun never shows up ( but it probably will ) for sure file a claim with the credit card folks. You never received the item you purchased.
It may take a week or two, just cuz Alaska, but you will get your Sig or your money.
Best of luck.
But the item was shipped to exactly the person/location specified by the buyer.

I've been waiting for good Karma to come my way... Primary Arms shipped me a $500 optic a few years ago. Never ordered it. Invoice in the box was mine for what I did order.. it's was like $15 worth of random stuff, but it wasn't in the box. Switcheroo must have happened.
I called them and they sent me a label to ship it back and they resent my correct order.
I recently ordered ladder form Home Depot for $115.

When it did not arrive as scheduled, I waited a few days and contacted the shipper with the tracking number. "We can't find it, contact sellet"
Contacted Home Depot - they contacted seller, same story. Home depot cancels order, refunds $$ and offers me a discount price of $85.
New ladder ordered, does not show up when predicted. So I wait a few days.
And finally, two ladders are delivered for $85.

The problem is they can die in the meantime. I almost used a guy who opened a new gun store in my town but I decided to go with the guy further away that I was using previously. the local guy off himself on his motorcycle. Pieces and parts on CT rt 8.

If it's important I think using a multi-person FFL would be best.

Yes, I don't think about the dude dying between the time I buy the gun to the time he gets it.

I recently ordered ladder form Home Depot for $115.

When it did not arrive as scheduled, I waited a few days and contacted the shipper with the tracking number. "We can't find it, contact sellet"
Contacted Home Depot - they contacted seller, same story. Home depot cancels order, refunds $$ and offers me a discount price of $85.
New ladder ordered, does not show up when predicted. So I wait a few days.
And finally, two ladders are delivered for $85.
Home Depot is fair game.
Their mistake, they can eat it.

Update...spoke with supposed receiving FFL today (even though he sold the company) and he claimed he was headed to the post office to get it....never happened. Cautiously hoping it just stays there for two weeks and gets returned to sender so I can pick an actual receiving dealer. Even though EZ Check confirmed the validity of his license I'm pretty sure he moved and didn't inform the ATF...

Funny how they spend their time giving dealers shit about someone forgetting "Junior" or not checking "Non Hispanic or Latino White" but a guy moves and maintains an active FFL at someone else's current residential address...

At this point if I even get the gun I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps it and shoots it for a week or two and then "remembers" to go get it...

Update...spoke with supposed receiving FFL today (even though he sold the company) and he claimed he was headed to the post office to get it....never happened. Cautiously hoping it just stays there for two weeks and gets returned to sender so I can pick an actual receiving dealer. Even though EZ Check confirmed the validity of his license I'm pretty sure he moved and didn't inform the ATF...

Funny how they spend their time giving dealers shit about someone forgetting "Junior" or not checkpoint "Non Hispanic or Latino White" but a guy moves and maintains an active FFL at someone else's current residential address...

At this point if I even get the gun I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps it and shoots it for a week or two and then "remembers" to go get it...

Cool, hopefully you get your cash back or the gun.

"The Real Housewives of NES."

I hope the OP gets his gun and enjoys it. I've had three guns shipped in to MA via a couple of different FFLs. One at The Mill and two to a guy local to me. All went well, but in the case of the local guy I went to his store and confirmed that he'd do the inbound transfer first. I got a copy of his FFL (marked for transfer only) and sent it to the seller.

I think it would be reasonable for the OP to have done something similar, but that's his choice.

"The Real Housewives of NES."

I hope the OP gets his gun and enjoys it. I've had three guns shipped in to MA via a couple of different FFLs. One at The Mill and two to a guy local to me. All went well, but in the case of the local guy I went to his store and confirmed that he'd do the inbound transfer first. I got a copy of his FFL (marked for transfer only) and sent it to the seller.

I think it would be reasonable for the OP to have done something similar, but that's his choice.
I live in an area with about three local gun stores and one regional chain.

I shop at all of them and chose this once for a transfer because he's a little less hectic than the others...called and he gave the okay. Little did I know that it's a completely different business with the same address that screwed me...I even did the EZ Check myself and it comes up valid.

It's akin to ordering something to FourseasonsFFL vs ForeseasonsFFL at the same address. I know I'm not perfect and this was my mistake, but how many people would know the differences in an LLC name of the same nature at the same location....at a store you've bought guns and ammo from before.

I only bought this gun because it was $300 below MAP and now I'm only about 60 percent sure I'll even receive it sans police report.

I had a similar experience with Amazon when I received two of some fairly inexpensive item I ordered. I tried to return one, but if I did that I'd get a refund and since I only paid once I'd have one for free. I finally gave up, but noticed lately that they have an option for "received duplicate item" as a return reason.

It's funny how they complain about "shrinkage" but when someone tries to help them, they just can't figure out how to do it.

I tired to contact customer service, but gave up since I did not have the patience to deal with an autoresponder bot that is designed to make it very hard to talk to an actual person.

I had a similar experience with Amazon when I received two of some fairly inexpensive item I ordered. I tried to return one, but if I did that I'd get a refund and since I only paid once I'd have one for free. I finally gave up, but noticed lately that they have an option for "received duplicate item" as a return reason.

It's funny how they complain about "shrinkage" but when someone tries to help them, they just can't figure out how to do it.
Every time this happens to me the i did my part meme from starship troopers pops into my brain

I never contact Amazon

Back
Top Bottom