Gunbroker Nightmare

I'm confused, if the USPS is saying undeliverable then it wasn't delivered and should be on it's way back to the sender. If USPS didn't deliver it and lost it, it's on them for whatever it was insured for. Who would ship something valued at 1500 without insurance.

On the other hand, if it was delivered to the wrong FFL, that would be on the buyer. But would an FFL really be the kind of a**h*** that keeps a gun that was accidentally shipped to them?
I can think of one in Worcester that probably would. Hell, they'd probably call the Globe and get a reporter down there STAT to explain exactly how easy it is for "guns to fall into the wrong hands" through out of state purchases.

Must be nice to be a faggot hiding behind a keyboard. Are you that mouthy with your husband?
The last three people I took shooting were gay. And I hope the next three are since we need more shooters of all backgrounds. But a**h***s like you are exactly why normal leftists, gays, blacks keep voting us into oblivian. I hope you lose all your money and never get the gun you f***ing piece of shit.

The last three people I took shooting were gay. And I hope the next three are since we need more shooters of all backgrounds. But a**h***s like you are exactly why normal leftists, gays, blacks keep voting us into oblivian. I hope you lose all your money and never get the gun you f***ing piece of shit.
Lol. Bro you need to go to the doctor and get your blood pressure checked.

Last edited:
I'm confused, if the USPS is saying undeliverable then it wasn't delivered and should be on it's way back to the sender. If USPS didn't deliver it and lost it, it's on them for whatever it was insured for. Who would ship something valued at 1500 without insurance.

On the other hand, if it was delivered to the wrong FFL, that would be on the buyer. But would an FFL really be the kind of a**h*** that keeps a gun that was accidentally shipped to them?

Calm down, I too went shooting with my lesbian friend last week and she'd laugh at this. Take a page out of the Bill Maher book and learn to laugh a little, It will help withyour anger issues. . The guy was a jerk and offered unwarranted rude commentary and I responded in kind.

Yeah nothing against the gays or whoever. But that was a Howard Dean of a rant bro

Undeliverable....but the post office doesn't have it. My next step is to file a credit card dispute.
The shipper and post office both screwed up. Shipper has a valid insurance claim, and should refund you. Call your CC, CC will demand proof of delivery, which due to value will require a signature. You will most likely win.

Years back I had ordered an MP5 clone from the same guy doing rework on another firearm. He shipped both the same day. Since the other box had "Attn: Hunt4riches-real-name" right there on the label (even though addressed to my LGS) my mail carrier stopped reading after that and grouped it with my other mail. She pulls up, hands me two boxes and says to sign. I hadn't looked at the other box yet, but knew what the top box was as it was rifle-sized. She was getting back in her truck and I called her back to take to the LGS explaining that was a commercial sale, and though as much as I'd like to avoid the fkery of paperwork and phone calls, I decided that could have only ended very badly for me (and the seller, and our mail carrier).

Whose mistake was it? Did the vendor ship to the address and FFL you provided?

Vendors and banks tend to operate on the assumption "If there is a loss it is yours until we recover the item/funds, then we will make you whole". This is not always the case.

Whose mistake was it? Did the vendor ship to the address and FFL you provided?

Vendors and banks tend to operate on the assumption "If there is a loss it is yours until we recover the item/funds, then we will make you whole". This is not always the case.
It was my mistake...but correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just out the gun now?

Here was the process ....

Ordered gun, called FFL to insure delivery was "OK".

Later learned that current FFL is called ABCDEFG industries....whereas former FFL is ABCDEFG industry.

Former FFL passed the EZ Check but the address is now a private residence.

Was able to get the number of the former FFL, and now he is MIA after several phone calls. I'm willing to call it laziness and ineptitude, because in a town this small it seems unlikely he'd steal the gun...but who knows. And I really don't wish to go the police report route.

Wow... just wow!

Was able to get the number of the former FFL, and now he is MIA after several phone calls. I'm willing to call it laziness and ineptitude, because in a town this small it seems unlikely he'd steal the gun...but who knows. And I really don't wish to go the police report route.
Complex situation, especially with the FTC rule that you can keep anything you received that you did not order as a gift (not sure if it applies to businesses though).

Why are so many of you making references to USPS (Post Office) when they don't even allow shipping of handguns.
These items can only be shipped by UPS and Fed-Ex.

It was my mistake...but correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just out the gun now?

Here was the process ....

Ordered gun, called FFL to insure delivery was "OK".

Later learned that current FFL is called ABCDEFG industries....whereas former FFL is ABCDEFG industry.

Former FFL passed the EZ Check but the address is now a private residence.

So the USPS is NOT showing it as undeliverable?

So the USPS is NOT showing it as undeliverable?
It is undeliverable but I cannot reschedule nor have it returned to sender since I am not the recipient, nor can I get ahold of the recipient..

As of now the plan is to try and reach out again (who knows maybe the guy was out of service all day) and give it a day or two...if things still don't work call it in stolen and file a CC claim.

It is undeliverable but I cannot reschedule nor have it returned to sender since I am not the recipient, nor can I get ahold of the recipient..

As of now the plan is to try and reach out again (who knows maybe the guy was out of service all day) and give it a day or two...if things still don't work call it in stolen and file a CC claim.
Consider contacting the US Postal Inspection service for assistance. Stress that your concern is an unaccounted for handgun and they might get interested.

The USPS makes a certain number of delivery attempts and if they fail, the package goes back to the sender.

Do you have the US Snail tracking number? If you can see each delivery attempt, know when it boomerangs to the sender, and the exact date it arrives at the sender so you can time your follow up.

I do...good plan.
You would likely finding getting a reship from the seller to be easier than tracking down a hard to find local FFL. Once the seller has it, offer to pay the postage for the re-ship to show a bit of class.

Check the deadline on a CC dispute and hold off a while. This could burn a bridge and make it harder to get the seller to ship the gun to the correct FFL once it boomerangs. Chargebacks are a real hassle for the seller and your claim could be weak .... "The seller shipped to exactly what I ordered but that person never got it to me so the seller is liable...." may not be a winning strategy.

Last edited:

So why are you even talking to either FFL, they don't have it and have no control over the situation.
What should happen is 1. the USPS returns the item to the sender, or 2. re-attempt delivery.

If it's 1 I would hope the seller would reship to a corrected FFL, you should have to pay the extra shipping since it was your mistake. If it's 2 it's more complicated because it will got to an FFL but it's one who didn't order it. If they want to be an as they can keep it, won't know what they do until they do it.

If the seller won't work with you, and I stress that I think you should be making an effort to fix your mistake, the simple fact is the item was not delivered and your credit card will pull back the charge for this if you ask and have the "undeliverable" proof.

@Rob Boudrie idea of contacting the postal inspector sounds like a good idea, just don't be surprised if they don't listen because you are neither the sender or receiver.,

You would likely finding getting a reship from the seller to be easier than tracking down a hard to find local FFL. Once the seller has it, offer to pay the postage for the re-ship to show a bit of class.

Check the deadline on a CC dispute and hold off a while. This could burn a bridge and make it harder to get the seller to ship the gun to the correct FFL once it boomerangs. Chargebacks are a real hassle for the seller and your claim could be weak .... "The seller shipped to exactly who I asked but that person never got it to me so the seller is liable...." may not be a winning strategy.
This ^

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

So, the gun was shipped to an FFL. We will call it ACME FFL.

The shipping label said ACME FFL was on Main Street 111 and requires signature (I hope).

When the delivery driver arrives, he can clearly see that there isn't an ACME FFL at address Main Street 111.

So, the dude just left the box with anyone, just some random dude at a random store?
sadly the delivery guys don't seem to care, or take any responsibilty. I've had them let an unauthorized neighbor sign for sensitive items rather than just walking 20 feet to my ffl. major eye opening experience. The neighbor claimed they didn't have it at first and tried to play it off, almost lost an expensive bit of hardware due to UPS guy who didn't do his job and a shady neighbor.

Undeliverable....but the post office doesn't have it. My next step is to file a credit card dispute.
If the PO doesn't have it and didn't deliver it then it's probably not even shipped yet.

Have you contacted the seller?

Edit: you have, file CC dispute. You can't take a hit just because the seller doesn't check to make sure they're sending it to the correct FFL.

Back
Top Bottom