• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunbroker Nightmare

Just wondering ... is a charge back the correct thing to do, since the seller shipped it to the address on file. I don't see how this can be the seller's fault.

Just saying. Not trying to be a d*ck.
Not his fault, but as he's the only one who can file a claim on the shipping insurance, it's the only way to keep everyone except the insurance company whole.

Very helpful. And if the buyer gives the seller the wrong FFL (by honest mistake) than presumably it's up to the buyer to work it out with the FFL that received the firearm (again, assume for now the FFL did receive it)?
Once received by the FFL the shipper shipped to then you fall back on was it the right FFL and who was responsible for shipping to that FFL. I have had a customer order a gun and the shipper sent to a RANDOM other FFL at the Mill. Their software must have searched based on address and off it went not to the FFL they were provided a copy of the license, but another at the "same" address. The shipping FFL never admitted fault/blame. Fortunately the receiver was able to log in the gun and do the transfer.

But in this case its on the OP to deal with the receiving FFL IF that is the FFL that they told the shipper to send to. Assuming it was received of course.

I would be apologizing to the seller and then getting a refund from the cc company. Case closed. No longer the OP's problem. The gun never belonged to you.

I would be apologizing to the seller and then getting a refund from the cc company. Case closed. No longer the OP's problem. The gun never belonged to you.
If I was the seller, I would not accept the CC dispute.
Wouldn't that hurt them?

Step one is to let the seller know and have them help you with the post office. The OP didn't provide great details. CC dispute should be the last resort.

Last CC dispute I did was over a year ago, when the seller shipped the wrong product. I had an Email chain giving them the opportunity to make it right, offering to ship back the incorrect product, and they pretty much told me to f*ck off. So I disputed it, but only after exhausting other options. The dispute process asked for proof that I tried to make it right with the seller.

This is very different than disputing a purchase you didn't make.

Last edited:
I have told this one before ... I have an FFL I use for certain transfers, great guy, but he is old and grumpy.

I always call him before a transfer and he always says with a grumpy voice "If I am on GB, I will take it" ... what I never tell him is that I am really calling to make sure he is still in business / alive.

Would be different if it was a different store or one of the dealers I frequent regularly.

It is good practice to:

1. Check the FFL is still around (if you don't go often).

2. Triple check the FFL in GB. I ship most of my stuff to a Mill FFL, last week GB decided to randomly change the FFL to a different one. This is the second time it happened to me, the first was with a bolt action rifle, instead of going to the mill it went to the FFL 5min from my house. No issues with transfer, but I learned my lesson. I didn't catch it the first time, but I caught it the second time.

I might be old but I'm not grumpy.

I didn’t see this mentioned but if sellers FFL is in the business of transferring firearms you would think updating his address in the system that many of the larger sales entities use would be a wise move.

But the reality is I have personally seen this same service provide outdated data when I shipped my last gun. When choosing an FFL I was surprised at how many existed that I’d never heard of before. It was because they didn’t…

I didn’t see this mentioned but if sellers FFL is in the business of transferring firearms you would think updating his address in the system that many of the larger sales entities use would be a wise move.

But the reality is I have personally seen this same service provide outdated data when I shipped my last gun. When choosing an FFL I was surprised at how many existed that I’d never heard of before. It was because they didn’t…
The system run by the man?

Back
Top Bottom