Governor Patrick Files Bill to Drastically Increase License Fees

Short and sweet...

1. Protecting the rights of even the least individual among us is basically the only excuse the government has for even existing.

2. We don't have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven't taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much

Ronald Reagan

These two quotes should get the point across, unless they don't know who Reagan was, but of course there is Google and Wikipedia for that...

Legislators do not read email!

Print it out and send it in an envelope.

They do not read email!

Oh, I think I forgot to mention, they don't read email.

The Governer has left the building, unfortunatly nobody was there when I called (No surprise.) I mean its not like we pay him to be there. Oh, wait...

Will this be it? Will this be the final push that sounds the rally cry?

Sadly, no I doubt it. There was a thread on this subject with 83 posts and a good portion of them were made by folks too frightened to make even a symbolic gesture of opposition.

Words like "silly", "questionable" were used, people are afraid of prosecution, one poster even likened it to being mistaken as the start of "the next American Revolution". Without question that was the most depressing thread I've ever read here. If this bill come to pass unopposed then f*** it. I'm moving.

It's something the wife and I have been considering and I'll put up with the higher real estate taxes in New Hampshire. It'll be cheaper.

Last one out turn out the lights.

Last edited:
Sadly, no I doubt it. There was a thread with 83 and a good portion of them were made by folks too frightened to make even a symbolic gesture of opposition.

Words like "silly", "questionable" were used, people are afraid of prosecution, one poster even likened it to being mistaken as the start of "the next American Revolution". Without question that was the most depressing thread I've ever read here.
Last one out turn out the lights.

Well said, Mr. Twigg. "Bad things happen when good people do nothing." I don't know to whom I should credit that quote, exact or not; I'm too angry to look it up. I've had enough and it sounds like you and your wife have as well. I'm cleaning house now in anticipation of packing up, posting for sale and leaving for the USA.
Best regards.

Legislators do not read email!

Print it out and send it in an envelope.

They do not read email!

Oh, I think I forgot to mention, they don't read email.

Dang, and to think I recieved emails from my State Rep when I lived in Mass regularly. I also heard back from him via mail too.

Some do, but sadly most ignore everything.

Get those phone call, emails, and letters off ASAP to your local rep and senator! I have sent mine to Jim Miceli and Susan Tucker. Miceli is more friendly to gun owners than Tucker. This is never going to stop [angry]

If they really want to raise funds how about raise the drivers license fee to $200 instead? They are always telling us it is a priveledge and not a right. Might just get some of the idiots off the road!

There are a lot less LTCs than drivers licenses!

I'm really just kidding, they should learn to live within their budget like we have to, but thats not very likely!

I am going to send this letter in just to see if I get an answer:

I am writing in response to the Governor’s proposed bill entitled “An Act Making Appropriations for the Fiscal Year 2008 to Provide for Supplementing Certain Existing Appropriations and for Certain Other Activities and Projects.” In this bill, an increase in non-resident license to carry fees is proposed whereby the fee increases from $100/year (or $600 for six years) to $250/ year (or $1500 for six years). In contrast, in-state citizens would only be required to pay $200 for six years.

I encourage you to vote for this bill. As you are not aware, I intend to move out of Massachusetts and apply for a non-resident license to carry a firearm, which I believe is a fundamental right provided by the U.S. Constitution as discussed, for example, in Hicklin v Orbeck, Supreme Court of New Hampshire v Piper and District of Columbia v. Heller. As of now, the basis as to whether I could challenge this provision of the Mass. General Laws remains questionable. However, by increasing the non-resident fees to such a disparate and discriminatory amount, as compared to those fees for residents, you will have provided me sufficient basis to initiate action against the Commonwealth to have this law declared unconstitutional.

Thus, I encourage you to vote an emphatic “yes” on this proposed bill. I thank you in advance for discriminating against out-of-state citizens to assist me in invalidating your laws.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
question here.

My rep is Rachel Kaprielian from Watertown. She is now the registrar of motor vehicles. How can I find out who has replaced her, or whether there is now an open seat?

Ladies & Gentlemen,

When I wrote you several months ago about the Cigarette Tax increase being proposed – it was for a reason. I don’t always have the time to spell things out for you and I doubt you’d want me to. We’re all adults here.

The reason I raised my voice against that tax was for two reasons: #1) Tax increases of any kind cannot be tolerated by the citizens of Massachusetts any longer. #2) This tax was discriminatory against a small population of voters who either enjoy their habit or cannot quit. Sound familiar?

So here we are yet again. We keep quiet on issues like a cigarette tax, thinking “Hey, I don’t smoke, so who cares?” We’ll the hand writing was on the wall for ALL to see and now he’s attacked another “small population of voters” with yet another tax hike. Only this time, it affects YOU.

If it’s any consolation, Dennis Guyer of Second Berkshire has stepped up to the plate in the House to thwart this bill through some amendments. He, at least, deserves your support, so give him a call and thank him, but more importantly tell, no demand that, your Rep to support the Guyer Amendments.

Did I forget to say, don't forget to THANK him?

Last edited:
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

I'm so excited! I actually got a response from my state rep!

Here it is - get ready..... HERE IT IS!!!!!!!

Ken,
I will take your wishes into account.
Harold Naughton

Wow! HE WROTE BACK! Now if I only knew what that response means.....

Right now, I think it's a toss up between "Go pound sand" or "Eat shit and die."

I don't mean to disrespect anyone over at GOAL but isn't it time for them to become more agressive. I can certainly appreciate GOAL keeping an eye on the proposed legislations but letting us know about them isn't enough. We need legal action just like in DC. As MassMark suggested, I too will gladly double or triple my GOAL membership to help pay for a legal action against the MA government and their unconstitutional practices. While calling and writing to our disrtrict reps may seem like we are fighting the figth, in the end nobody is going to listen to us. I see that time and time again.

Hey GOAL...how about it.

Big Red, this is a RESULT OF GOAL being aggressive. Where have you been? GOAL introduced a budget amendment to REDUCE the unjust fees and this is the RESULT. Politics is hard ball. Tit for Tat.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

I'm so excited! I actually got a response from my state rep!

Here it is - get ready..... HERE IT IS!!!!!!!

Ken,
I will take your wishes into account.
Harold Naughton

Wow! HE WROTE BACK! Now if I only knew what that response means.....

Right now, I think it's a toss up between "Go pound sand" or "Eat shit and die."

Dealing with government entities all the time, I will interpret it for you.

"I moved it to my delete file and/or filed any printed copies in my recycling bin."

I'm really, really disgusted right now. I swear I don't know why I put up with this total and utter bullshit. It's not just about guns either... this state is so pathetic I'm starting to feel sick.

Big Red, this is a RESULT OF GOAL being aggressive. Where have you been? GOAL introduced a budget amendment to REDUCE the unjust fees and this is the RESULT. Politics is hard ball. Tit for Tat.

When I say "aggressive", I mean SUE THE BASTARDS. It seems to me that introducing legislations isn't achieving the desired results.

Last edited:
Since gun owners are a minority, the legislature can target this license fee with absolute safety and absolutely no risk of losing an election.

If all they're worried about losing is an election then something somewhere went horribly wrong.

The last time I wrote my rep about a gun issue, he wrote back to tell me how wrong I was. I'm through writing people who don't care and, thanks to the majority of voters in the state, don't even need to listen. We need to take action. Starting with a law suit. There has got to be some lawyer somewhere who is willing to take this at an extreme discount just to make a name for him/herself. I mean, look at Heller. That name is now a household name amongst anybody with an opinion on the subject. Now you talk about eliminating a tax, that would be huge!!

Most of you, being residents, at least have a wall to bang your head against.

Who can I complain to as a non-resident that will even give the appearance of listening?

Most of you, being residents, at least have a wall to bang your head against.

Who can I complain to as a non-resident that will even give the appearance of listening?
Send a letter to your Congressman and complain about the cost of your RKBA in mASSachusetts. Ask him/her to forward your concerns to mASS officials.[wink]
Best Regards.

The last time I wrote my rep about a gun issue, he wrote back to tell me how wrong I was.

I had the same result years ago when I wrote State Senator Marian Walsh, asking her to explain how she can stand in favor of laws that by their very existence deny the Constitutional right to arms to the Commonwealth's most vulnerable residents.

Her reply was just dripping with snotty-assed condescending bullshit, intermixed with horribly biased and thoroughly misinterpreted rhetoric about prior 2A rulings. I wish to God I had saved that letter, but I can't find it anywhere.

Last time I saw her, she was greeting me with that ghoulish, overly made-up face at the commuter rail stop in Roslindale asking me if I'd be interested in some campaign literature.

Took all I had to keep my composure. Arrogant bitch.

can anyone help me figure out who my rep and senator are? Im in Attleboro, and i would like to contact them regarding this issue. Thanks!

can anyone help me figure out who my rep and senator are? Im in Attleboro, and i would like to contact them regarding this issue. Thanks!

http://www.goal.org/misc/links.html#legislature
The link is having difficulties. Earlier today, I went there and saw a listing by city and town. You could go directly to the MA gov site.
I found this:Attleboro
Senator Scott P. Brown:precincts one, two, three A
Senator James E. Timilty:precinct three B
Representative John A. Lepper:precincts one, two, and three A
Representative Elizabeth A. Poirier:precinct three B
Send a copy to each one of them.

Senator Scott P. Brown (Scott doesn't P Yellow?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom