• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Governor Patrick Files Bill to Drastically Increase License Fees

That is great news. Nice to see Thomas Kennedy (my local rep.) on the list.

Although I noticed that Geraldine Creedon (other brockton rep.) was not on the list...

Unfortunately, I believe that she does not cover my section of Brockton... Although I am tempted to email her and letting her know that I noticed her name was missing from the list and intend on letting my fellow Brocktonians (that live in her district) know of her lack of support to date.

Maybe she is just... busy.... [rofl] ok... couldnt keep a straight face there... she is a gun hater... so to her, this likely sounds good.

Please check out the GOAL website for an update on the list of legislators that have signed on to the Guyer amendment to remove the license fee increases. Please make sure to drop a note of thanks to the sponsors.

http://www.goal.org/news/Legislative/DevalLicenseTax.htm

By my count, 14 of the 31 member who are actually on the way and means committee have signed on. All total, 59 of 159 Members have signed on.

Is this something that either passes out of the W&M committee or dies there? In other words, do House Members not on the committee have a direct say on the amendment?

I called and emailed Barbara L'Italien.

No response.

I sent a follow up email today asking if she got the first one and where she stood on the issue. I will not be holding my breath waiting for a reply.

I had the opportunity to get to know Richard a bit when I ran a business in his district some years ago. I'm sorry to hear that he hasn't responded to you, but I have no doubt he's in our corner on this.

I have received a letter in response, but beyond saying he welcomes my thoughts he didn't say one way or the other whether he supports "us" and I don't see him on the list of supporters of the Guyer amendment.

my rep is a supporter, we need the email addresses of everyone not on the list... the people on the fence are the most important.

if this shit passes, i'm moving.

Big surprise... none of them represent communities inside RT 128 (how many inside RT 495?). [sad2]

Wakefield is just inside and Katherine Clark voted against the increase.

I'm sending a thank you note to her and a follow up to my senator, probably a pre-emptive letter to the governor, too, as follow up to my earlier phone call.

My guy's Jim Vallee & I've already written him and he's written back that he opposes the Gov's plan as he's a gun owner himself. That just bought my vote next time around.

my rep is a supporter, we need the email addresses of everyone not on the list... the people on the fence are the most important. if this shit passes, i'm moving.

well... it already can't pass... (this time around) as the house has already rejected it.
so that is the best part of this. Now it is our job to help convince the senate to approve the $40 a year.

then hope that jackass in the governor's office doesn't veto it. which he likely will considering he could give a shit less about law abiding gun owners... because he doesn't beleive you can be a gun owner and be law abiding. But the House already rejected the increase so... that part will fail anyway.

Sent off two letters.

I got a postcard in the mail from my Senator on Saturday. He wrote a note on the back of it informing me the license fees did not pass. When I flipped the card over I noted the handwriting for the address and the comments were the same.

I must say I was humbled.

Back
Top Bottom