Governor Patrick Files Bill to Drastically Increase License Fees

If this passes... I'm finding a job outside of MA and writing every one who votes for it a letter telling them due to this law I have found a job outside of this state and they just lost $X,XXX a year in tax revenue.

Called my State Senators office.
Called the Governors office
Left message for my State Rep
Sent emails to my state rep, senator, governor and house and state leaders

Last edited:
Good God, will you guys ever get a reprieve?

Do we need a second American Revolution to start where the first one did?

Answer to Question 1 is NO.[angry]
Answer to Question 2 is YES[angry]

I just sent out another letter to my Senator and Rep. One has a GOAL ranking as D and the other didn't have the courtesy to respond to GOAL. I am beginning to think I need a part-time secretary to keep up with correspondence to my so called "representatives." It seems that each week I get an e-mail from GOAL informing me that the "Anti's" are firing another volley at my RKBA!
Those of us who suffer a restricted license should not be paying $100.00 let alone $200. To be quite honest, if the fee were $200.00 and an unrestricted license were guaranteed I'd pay it. Before you jump all over me for saying that, ponder this: I've paid thousands fighting restrictions that are capricious, arbitrary and discriminatory. And my fight continues.[frown]
Best Regards.

Will this be it? Will this be the final push that sounds the rally cry? Will this further treading on our civil rights finally push people to ACT and not just BITCH? Will this be the one pivotal moment that will encourage GOAL to at last address a question (s) I have been asking for months? Do you think it's time for all this nicey-nice and feel-good festivals to end and a tooth-n-nail fight to begin? Do you think it's time to build a legal defense fund so we may begin to challenge this insanity in open court? How is it that a meeting takes place with the AG about licensing and nothing about EOPS? I am not the only one asking these questions and I am growing weary of being either unheard or ignored....Isn't it time to really FIGHT???

Will this be it? Will this be the final push that sounds the rally cry? Will this further treading on our civil rights finally push people to ACT and not just BITCH? Will this be the one pivotal moment that will encourage GOAL to at last address a question (s) I have been asking for months? Do you think it's time for all this nicey-nice and feel-good festivals to end and a tooth-n-nail fight to begin? Do you think it's time to build a legal defense fund so we may begin to challenge this insanity in open court? How is it that a meeting takes place with the AG about licensing and nothing about EOPS? I am not the only one asking these questions and I am growing weary of being either unheard or ignored....Isn't it time to really FIGHT???

+1 Nothing more to say.

PHONE CALL PLEASE - A TAX TOO FAR

I'm clinging to my guns and religion and voting against every Obama-Devalue plan and proposal.

I just called the gov's office. A very polite lady took (or pretended to take) my name, address, phone number. She thanked me. We had a pleasant chat. I sensed from her that others were not as pleasant towards her.

Keep up the phone calling.

Let's bury Obama-Devalue with this. We've had enough.

Not at all. I keep pushing for a Rally, but its just talking into the wind.

I'll do my standard part, write, call, be angry on my computer, but we really need some traction from somewhere.

Met Don Kusser at Braintree yesterday, and I guess he's on the board of G.O.A.L. He said the NRA "gave" them one of the lawyers (Atwater, maybe...? The name is eluding me) that worked on the SCOTUS case, and they're going to start trying to pick apart the laws here. I guess one of the big problems with going up against the laws on a regular basis has been available capital. Lawyers ain't cheap, and if you so much as dream about one chances are he's going to file it as billable hours.

The problem is that we bitch and moan like we do about every right that they steal from us but it doesn't matter to them, they just put up with the bitching. They're still getting the votes from a majority of liberal morons who have no care one way or the other on the gun issue, or are close to being unaware of the gun issue when they make their voting decision.

Last edited:
If this passes... I'm finding a job outside of MA and writing every one who votes for it a letter telling them due to this law I have found a job outside of this state and they just lost $X,XXX a year in tax revenue.

I've been considering moving out after I get married next year for several reasons, this will just be one of them.

I followed up my email with a phone call.

The problem is that we bitch and moan like we do about every right that they steal from us but it doesn't matter to them, they just put up with the bitching. They're still getting the votes from a majority of liberal morons who have no care one way or the other on the gun issue, or are close to being unaware of the gun issue when they make their voting decision.

It's mathematics. You need a total of x votes to keep your job and population n is voting for you and population u is voting against you. Well if x>n-u, then SCREW U.

+1

Fact. The majority of people living in this state either don't have enough of an interest in or an understanding of firearms to warrant doing anything other than ignore or vote against them "just to be safe". Irony in a sad, ignorant sense.

Very well said! I'd be more then willing to get involve in something more then calling and writing my elected officials. I've said that in the past, but nothing seems to materialize. At least not at the scale needed to draw attention.

The biggest problem is that there are only 240,000 of us and the State Senators/Reps have no fear of any of these issues costing them their seat!

I suck at math, I screwed up that whole formula I think, so I took it out. But we get the point.....

Think this is what you wanted:

It's mathematics. You need a total of x votes to keep your job and population n is voting ... and population u is voting against you. Well if x>n-u, then SCREW U.

I wonder if this bill is slated for approval despite our best efforts. We are all generally aware that the Massachusetts gubernatorial position is a training step for other and better administrative positions elsewhere. So, in that light, what has Patrick got to lose? He is not likely to remain as governor past the midpoint of the next year –either nominee for the president may pull him to diversify their administration…that’s just one avenue.

This is not to say that we shouldn’t mete our displeasure and thoughts to him as well as to those whom we voted for and are they whom we want to vote against this bill like our reps.

But……………

I also wonder if this is a yellow tinged flag? Its not a white flag of surrender by any means, but is the state realizing that with the recent Heller decision, that the firearms laws here are about to change? And if so, that they must now approve licensees without regard to discretionary approval processes; meaning that the firearms fees and licenses are now a proverbial goldmine for revenue as the rest of the budget continues to spiral and collapse?

Are these the tinkering bells in the distance from a procession of sacraments or is my hearing just bad?

Met Don Kusser at Braintree yesterday, and I guess he's on the board of G.O.A.L. He said the NRA "gave" them one of the lawyers (Atwater, maybe...? The name is eluding me) that worked on the SCOTUS case, and they're going to start trying to pick apart the laws here. I guess one of the big problems with going up against the laws on a regular basis has been available capital. Lawyers ain't cheap, and if you so much as dream about one chances are he's going to file it as billable hours.

Every time fighting a legal battle is mentioned here, someone - (namely myself) states that doubling membership fees, (or more) if 100% covered legal fees is always mentioned. Each time it's mentioned +1's fly, so I'm not alone in this. Sure, the numbers also speak volumes, but so does the challenge to the law....

I wonder if this bill is slated for approval despite our best efforts. We are all generally aware that the Massachusetts gubernatorial position is a training step for other and better administrative positions elsewhere. So, in that light, what has Patrick got to lose? He is not likely to remain as governor past the midpoint of the next year –either nominee for the president may pull him to diversify their administration…that’s just one avenue.

This is not to say that we shouldn’t mete our displeasure and thoughts to him as well as to those whom we voted for and are they whom we want to vote against this bill like our reps.

But……………

I also wonder if this is a yellow tinged flag? Its not a white flag of surrender by any means, but is the state realizing that with the recent Heller decision, that the firearms laws here are about to change? And if so, that they must now approve licensees without regard to discretionary approval processes; meaning that the firearms fees and licenses are now a proverbial goldmine for revenue as the rest of the budget continues to spiral and collapse?

Are these the tinkering bells in the distance from a procession of sacraments or is my hearing just bad?

That's an interesting perspective indeed.

But……………

The cigarette smokers in mASS can tell you the answer. They are allegedly supporting Health Care for All. The Governor is proposing raising the Gun License fees because he knows that people do not care unless they are directly affected.[frown]
Best Regards.

Every time fighting a legal battle is mentioned here, someone - (namely myself) states that doubling membership fees, (or more) if 100% covered legal fees is always mentioned. Each time it's mentioned +1's fly, so I'm not alone in this. Sure, the numbers also speak volumes, but so does the challenge to the law....

+1 [wink]

Cigarrette tax, sealtbelt law fines, and gun license permit fees.

Find the similarities, trageties, and lies that these three things have in common and you win the prize.

When I was born I got lucky in regard to the country I was born into, but hell if I didn't get screwed with the state that I was born into. And that pretty much makes it a wash.

Back
Top Bottom