Got pulled over yesterday; first time while carrying.

The current registration is supposed to be on the top of the pile, but sometimes things get shuffled
Yes, especially when you have a wife and 2 teenagers looking for something (pen, tissue, gum, whatever) in the glovebox.

Really though how difficult is it to keep one piece of paper, that you know you’ll need in a pinch, in an easy to access location, in a space that’s approx 4”x6”?
I have the car registration, boat trailer, utility trailer, small utility trailer; 2 of which the color says "green". These are mixed in with inspection report, tire warranty, owner's manual, spare bulbs, napkins, pens, pencils, bandaids, gum, flashlight, other stuff.

Yes, especially when you have a wife and 2 teenagers looking for something (pen, tissue, gum, whatever) in the glovebox.

I have the car registration, boat trailer, utility trailer, small utility trailer; 2 of which the color says "green". These are mixed in with inspection report, tire warranty, owner's manual, spare bulbs, napkins, pens, pencils, bandaids, gum, flashlight, other stuff.
This is why I offered the simple yet sound advice of purposely separating and securing them in a place with easy access for the driver. Think ahead of the power curve and don’t mix them in with all the trash and clutter that vehicles accrue.

The end result of completing this simple task, from personal experience, is that you are now one step closer to hearing those magic words…

“Alrite Sir just try to be more careful next time. Have a nice day meow.”

This is why I offered the simple yet sound advice of purposely separating and securing them in a place with easy access for the driver
I put an emergency $20 in the little sliding mirror flap thing on the visor. I don't know how many times that gets moved, and the 20 is INSIDE THE VISOR. Obviously, nothing is private or secure here, even money! If I put an elastic on it, it would just rip the paper registration and the plastic case it is in. No respect for other people's property here. My daughter comes close, but she can't stop the others.

I believe as a NH res with PRL, I’m still supposed to notify. I haven’t, and I’m OK.

Stop worrying about shit that do t matter!

I only expressed an opinion, and I don't care either way because I plan to never notify.

I'm not worrying at all.

kingfisher_cropped_101x78.jpg

My kind of guy! [thumbsup]
“Alrite Sir just try to be more careful next time. Have a nice day meow.”
Never once happened to me. :( On the other hand, that's practically SOP for the good wife! :)

Maybe she finds the registration quickly? [rofl]
Who do you think does all the paper shuffling in my glove box? [laugh]
Or she’s hot and wears low cut shirts when she knows she’ll be speeding.
That's part of it... plus she's a nurse and plays the nurse card extremely well.

"Hey officer, next time we meet, I may be the one saving your life." :oops:

Just don't do that in Maine. You need to disclose immediately that you are carrying unless you have your optional LTC. I have an LTC here. It cost me $35.
I was told you are required to disclose it also in NH...true?
Lets say it's locked in the trunk or in a container but the loaded mags are in your pocket. Does that matter?

Oh, this is no game with me. I'm just one of those old farts who never throws away my old registrations or my inspection papers. I have them going back 20+ years. I even have registrations for my previous two cars and a trailer in there. And let's not forget tire warranty info (even for tires long gone) and any/all paperwork from repairs and oil changes made in the last 11 years. :oops:

The current registration is supposed to be on the top of the pile, but sometimes things get shuffled. [laugh]
This is why I stopped doing that.

My last traffic stop was about 20 years ago. The trooper did the obligatory spiel, and I was trying to find my current insurance card in the stack of dozens. Then he rapped on the window and asked what I was doing, I looked up, and saw the rearview mirror that his partner had taken up a stance behind the car with a gun pointed at my head.

Now I toss all the old crap, and keep the new crap in one envelope.

This is why I stopped doing that.

My last traffic stop was about 20 years ago. The trooper did the obligatory spiel, and I was trying to find my current insurance card in the stack of dozens. Then he rapped on the window and asked what I was doing, I looked up, and saw the rearview mirror that his partner had taken up a stance behind the car with a gun pointed at my head.

Now I toss all the old crap, and keep the new crap in one envelope.
You don’t need to show them insurance unless you’re in
An accident.....

I’ve handed them trailer registrations (that I was not at the time towing) and other than a light ball busting, not been hassled. Im
From the northeast, if I don’t get a light ball busting, there is something wrong!!

Back
Top Bottom