GOAL is planning a Rolling Rally for Sunday August 28th - Volunteers needed

I'm in and can volunteer to help on any fit position. Let me know who to be in touch to volunteer my time.

Tweaked the font to fix over-bright red. Still working on an outline for the font or similar.

dueprocession21.jpg

Also, here's another option I've mocked up real quick:

dueprocession3.jpg

Just a thought on the route. It might be more beneficial if the route incorporated passing by a few key legislator's residences to let the know we are not going away. If everyone honks on the way past it would get a few people's attention.

Endpoint should be in front of Healy house

I guarantee that every legislator that agrees with her, and Healy herself will not be home specifically for this reason. All we will do is piss off their neighbors.
Not to mention that I am sure they all live in residential neighborhoods. I would be afraid that it would break up the group.

It's the weekend before Labor Day, parks and beaches will be busy.

Lots of shorter slogans would be useful for vehicles. People aren't going to be seeing them for very long and won't be able to read more than a few words. Something like "AG Doesn't Create Law" or "Protect Due Process" followed by the hashtag and website would be effective, I think. Pamphlets for anyone who wants more info.

Is felon the correct term or should it be criminal? Isn't a felon someone already convicted of a crime?

A felon has committed a felony. If they are convicted in court then they are a convicted felon.

Felon is stronger. Its gets the message across much better. The opposition would have do or disprove it, but the message would already have sunk in. It would also put them on the defensive to what... clarify a word. Healey has already done this herself with the "I'm not CHANGING" law" B.S. remark. Of course she is and put us on the defensive to disprove it.

I do like the "If it can happen to us, it can happen to you!" slogan that we repeated at the last rally. Put the hashtag #dueprocession or whatever we settle on under it, and it peaks people's interest and curiousity. They'll check it out because "What happened to these guys? What could happen to me?".

Remember we're driving and moving, possibly fast. If someone can't read it in under a second or two because it's too wordy or busy, they'll ignore it or become a road hazard.

Silversnake, I like where you are going with this. I only have PowerPoint but played around with your messages a bit. Here are some alternative words.

Slide3_zpsrx9x6fxi.jpg

Last edited:
How about something like "Close the AG law enactment loophole"
There is probably a slightly better way to phrase it than that though.

Also, with regard to all the talk about making us all felons in waiting: you know they will just keep pointing out her claim of 'nobody who bought these before 7/20 will be prosecuted, trust me" and will try to spin it so we look paranoid.

Last edited:
That's why we have to stop being on the defensive and get into that debate about her promises and semantics. We need to just keep hammering our own messages and put her on the defensive.

That's why we have to stop being on the defensive and get into that debate about her promises and semantics. We need to just keep hammering our own messages and put her on the defensive.

At this point, it might be worth not focusing only on the AG considering the appearance of collusion between the AG's office and the DeLeo's office by not allowing any bills to challenge the edict. It sure looks like the AG's office had help from some in the legislature to make sure this goes unchallenged.

There are probably only two ways this issue can get resolved: the courts or the legislature. Attacking only Healy will probably not be helpful with either of those. In other words: you need to get people to understand that the legislature also sat back and let this go unchallenged.

Last edited:
Thats why I included the "Governor, House & Senate can do NOTHING" line. Can they do something? Sure they can. But why haven't they? Make them all explain it. I was going to use "Baker, DeLeo & Rosenthal can do NOTHING" but I don't think most people know who the players are by name.

Yep... Rogue!!! [grin]

>>> Rogue, not rouge. She's not a shade of red.
Well the DEVIL is red...so...

I fixed the slide. Thanks

Last edited:
How about something like "Close the AG law enactment loophole"
There is probably a slightly better way to phrase it than that though.

Also, with regard to all the talk about making us all felons in waiting: you know they will just keep pointing out her claim of 'nobody who bought these before 7/20 will be prosecuted, trust me" and will try to spin it so we look paranoid.

Whenever this comes up I point out my conversations with one DA and one ADA on this, when I ask if they will guarantee not to prosecute, and I was told that they hadn't made a decision but the AG does not tell them what they can and can't prosecute. I also add that PO's have access to gun ownership information (at least some have it come up in their routine checks) and all it takes is one cop to abuse this (there are good cops and bad cops), because ownership=crime=probable cause, to ruin someones life. Most libs see cops as power abusing. I point out that this is another way they can abuse their power. So far it's gotten me some great wide eyed looks as the reality of this dawns on them.

At this point, it might be worth not focusing only on the AG considering the appearance of collusion between the AG's office and the DeLeo's office by not allowing any bills to challenge the edict. It sure looks like the AG's office had help from some in the legislature to make sure this goes unchallenged.

There are probably only two ways this issue can get resolved: the courts or the legislature. Attacking only Healy will probably not be helpful with either of those. In other words: you need to get people to understand that the legislature also sat back and let this go unchallenged.

A photo of Healy, DeLeo, and Clinton all attached by phone cords or "wireless cloud", with something tying them all together would work. The ones with prison bars and handcuffs stink. They send a message that gun owners are criminals, or are just plain unreadable.

Thats why I included the "Governor, House & Senate can do NOTHING" line. Can they do something? Sure they can. But why haven't they? Make them all explain it. I was going to use "Baker, DeLeo & Rosenthal can do NOTHING" but I don't think most people know who the players are by name.

It should say Governor, and legislature WON'T do anything, not that they can't. They are intimidated.

Maybe we should just drive in circles around the Statehouse and 1 Ashburton. With enough cars we may achieve an unbroken column of 2A dominating the streets of Beacon Hill for a few hours.

This was one of the things I was getting at. This, or just fill the statehouse with bodies, clogging the halls. We need to rent a hall near multiple stairwells, and have a PA system too.

I also like the idea of stopping tourism by doing a slow march on the Freedom Trail.

Can't do much but I've done a lot of traffic control over the years and have no problems working a parking lot. I'm in if you want me...

Oh, and I'll see if I can steal a few safety vests, maybe some lights if it goes late

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If someone has a t-shirt business, I'm thinking orange t-shirts with "are your civil rights next?" on them could be a thing for the next public demonstration.

Back
Top Bottom