GOAL is planning a Rolling Rally for Sunday August 28th - Volunteers needed

"Every once in a while, you have to drop 2 in a hurry."
Seriously? I laughed out loud. Too funny.

(I am watching and planning on attending)

Honestly, if the target audience is non gun-owners, I would leave the "Molon labe", "Come and Take It", and maybe even Gadsden (because, sadly, many people now associate it with Tea Party), flags at home.

Yeah, I'd leave the Molon Labe flags home. Our audience will look at it as a threat, which in this case won't help us achieve our goal.

How about a route that drives through the AG's neighborhood and the main senate and house anti's?
We like the symbolism of the Battle Road, and I can't imagine the cluster-F that would occur if we tried to thread 200 vehicles though such a tortuous route. I do appreciate your enthusiasm though.

Has anyone asked Harvard Sportsmans to be a start/finish line?

Not enough parking or a big enough common area unless we ask them to close the 200/300. We should be able to find something else.

Would it be practical to start the rally at a location where you can have a "pre-rally meeting" so that you can try to get everyone on the same page to be able to make articulate and helpful statements if approached by media?

Yeah, we'll try to do that.

Is the truly going to be a "rolling" rally (everyone in vehicles), or is it intended to be a march on foot? Or both?

How fast can you run? Just kidding, yeah this is going to be vehicles only. We might end up on 495 for a bit.

Ideas for names for the rally:

"Your Rights Matter"

"All Rights Matter"

I don't mean to single you out MH because I always like your input, but we discussed this last night and decided that we shouldn't be yet another group that co-opts the "something-something-matters" meme. It's been done too many times.

How fast can you run? Just kidding, yeah this is going to be vehicles only. We might end up on 495 for a bit.

Ah, thanks. I was envisioning a foot march for some reason.
In this case, considering you asked for info on port-a-potties, how long do you expect this to last and how fast do you expect people to be driving?

Sorry if I'm being a little obtuse...

In this case, considering you asked for info on port-a-potties, how long do you expect this to last and how fast do you expect people to be driving?

The portas are probably for the finish line, where there will hopefully be a gathering with food etc.

Are they rolling rallies truck friendly? Don't have a two wheeler. Otherwise, I'm thinking the wife and I are in to volunteer for misc...

"Rolling Freedom" came to mind before I heard "Due Procession". Maybe Process(ion) for those not quick enough to see the double meaning?

Anyway, definitely in! Lady Radtekk likely to attend as well. I have to be at work in Marlborough at 3 so timing may be an issue for me but I'll be there!

Since there's time, and the LGBT Gadsden has been mentioned several times, any way to get Milo "whatever-his-long-ass-last-name-is" to speak at the end? Want to GUARANTEE press coverage? May be a good Pink Pistol thing too? I know, we don't want to EMPHASIZE guns, but...

ETA: Does it make any sense to get some of the "letter writer" Reps and Senators to attend, maybe ride along parade-style in open convertibles? Politicians generate press, and if WE control the participants, WE control the dialogue. Mostly...

Last edited:
I don't mean to single you out MH because I always like your input, but we discussed this last night and decided that we shouldn't be yet another group that co-opts the "something-something-matters" meme. It's been done too many times.

I hear ya. I reread it and you're right.

Do you think having the endpoint at the Shop n' Save in Ayer world work?

I really can't answer this until we solidify the starting point, ending point, and the route. We'll probably hang out at the finish line for a couple of hours.

As far as how fast we'll be going and porta-potties... I don't think we're going to be shitting on the fly, so if you're doing, like, trajectory math, you can hold off.

I really can't answer this until we solidify the starting point, ending point, and the route. We'll probably hang out at the finish line for a couple of hours.

As far as how fast we'll be going and porta-potties... I don't think we're going to be shitting on the fly, so if you're doing, like, trajectory math, you can hold off.

Ok ok.... I guess my thought is: if we're driving from something like Arlington to Concord on a Sunday, how long does that take if we drive normally? Half an hour? A few hundred vehicles in tandem would certainly prolong it a little bit, but still... Would that really get noticed by a lot of people?

Since there's time, and the LGBT Gadsden has been mentioned several times, any way to get Milo "whatever-his-long-ass-last-name-is" to speak at the end? Want to GUARANTEE press coverage? May be a good Pink Pistol thing too? I know, we don't want to EMPHASIZE guns, but...

I'm of a couple of minds on the subject. I just don't know if I'm comfortable "co-opting" the cause of a group I'm not a member of to further my own. I am absolutely for individual rights, including gay rights (if consenting adults want to get together, who am I to say otherwise?), and if someone who is a member of that community wants to ride in my truck or fly one of their flags from my truck I will happily oblige and we'll have a great time in a common cause. But this is a civil liberties issue at the end of the day, and groups should not be used as what could be seen as a marketing ploy.

Do you think having the endpoint at the Shop n' Save in Ayer world work?

I would hope it would be somewhere we can hang out, cook out, and shoot the breeze. Is a supermarket parking lot is the best place for that? I don't know the area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom