• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19 market saturated?

They’re not selling because we’ve also reached a point where people are afraid to use preban mags.

All those pants shitters going “I’ll probably get arrested and have to prove they’re preban so might as well carry something that holds 10 or less”.
I’ve been carrying for about fifty years. I’ve never let having more than 10 rounds in a firearm determine the gun that I carry.

I’ve been carrying for about fifty years. I’ve never let having more than 10 rounds in a firearm determine the gun that I carry.
I respect this.
I do think a gun you shoot well is better than a high cap that doesn't work as well for you. I can also appreciate the value of having as many rounds as possible if it makes sense.

like we used to say - they do not kick you in the law, they kick you in your face.
I called their BS every step of my 20 month journey through the court system, After my lawyers triumph at my dangerousness after the 10th day of my swatting, the next 19 months was weak sauce and business as usual. You are going have prove you're innocent in court, and your lawyer will ask you to cop a plea. Eff that

Actually to put it in these terms... basically nobody cross shops a P320 with a 19. A P320 to me is more like a modernized P229 on a weight diet, but it's still carrying a spare tire around..... 🤣
brother anyone GIF

Nobody, except .mil and every LE agency in the country. (And everybody that wants to LARP as one)

And me. When I decided I was done with my Gen3 G19 last year, I cross-shopped the M&P 2.0, the P320, and the G45. I only dropped the Gen5 G19 from the list because I didn't want to "have to" undercut the trigger guard to get my whole hand on the grip.

The 320 was designed to unseat the 17 and 19.

brother anyone GIF

Nobody, except .mil and every LE agency in the country. (And everybody that wants to LARP as one)

And me. When I decided I was done with my Gen3 G19 last year, I cross-shopped the M&P 2.0, the P320, and the G45. I only dropped the Gen5 G19 from the list because I didn't want to "have to" undercut the trigger guard to get my whole hand on the grip.

The 320 was designed to unseat the 17 and 19.

Lol.... I think it's more like Sig needed something... welk, /anything/ competent to even sell in the striker fired marketplace that was at a lower price point than a 700 dolllar p series gun. They wanted to compete with S&W and Glock, and they had no product at all to even try. Sig was losing LE market share because they had no product there. They tried to fill it with DAK but that was a piece of shit and failed commercially. Enter the P320, solve most of Sigs sales problem frontally at least in one go.

From a business pov that market is fickle, too. It's pretty obvious some LE/mil stuff is awarded on price, perception of support, history etc.

WRT unseating the 19/17. Meh. Good luck with that. Then again its more of a marketing thing too. Lately Sig has been going to LE/Mil and leveraging their ammo plant. "Buy our guns for cheap price as long as you promise to buy our ammo at X" is a thing for Sig. Glock used to do a similar thing.. just about give guns away. Some of these LE/Mil procurement decisions are based on fiduciary crap. Value perception etc.

Ergomics are better on avg with a P320 I think. Mine felt great. .. But it's easy to do that when you have an interchangeable grip frame the size of a school bus...... which is nice because you can modify the grips to your hearts content and if you ruin it you only lose $40-$50.....

Lol.... I think it's more like Sig needed something... welk, /anything/ competent to even sell in the striker fired marketplace that was at a lower price point than a 700 dolllar p series gun. They wanted to compete with S&W and Glock, and they had no product at all to even try. Sig was losing LE market share because they had no product there. They tried to fill it with DAK but that was a piece of shit and failed commercially. Enter the P320, solve most of Sigs sales problem frontally at least in one go.

From a business pov that market is fickle, too. It's pretty obvious some LE/mil stuff is awarded on price, perception of support, history etc.

WRT unseating the 19/17. Meh. Good luck with that. Then again its more of a marketing thing too. Lately Sig has been going to LE/Mil and leveraging their ammo plant. "Buy our guns for cheap price as long as you promise to buy our ammo at X" is a thing for Sig. Glock used to do a similar thing.. just about give guns away. Some of these LE/Mil procurement decisions are based on fiduciary crap. Value perception etc.

Ergomics are better on avg with a P320 I think. Mine felt great. .. But it's easy to do that when you have an interchangeable grip frame the size of a school bus...... which is nice because you can modify the grips to your hearts content and if you ruin it you only lose $40-$50.....
I don't dispute any of this. Literally all I was saying is that plenty of people do cross-shop the two. And I agree - it's unlikely the Glocks actually get unseated. Instead, we'll see the market come to some general stasis of nearing-equals.

If I'm honest, I only stayed with the Glock because I already had a handful of holsters for it. Submitting to that kind of inertia is famously dumb, but I shoot the 45 well enough and there will probably always be better aftermarket support if only because they've been so central for so long.

Only other reason I can think of is that if MA bans FTF transfers then you will be stuck with them. If you don’t love the gun maybe now is the time to sell.
Wrong......there's only one that could change that would make you stuck with them, and its not a ban of FTF.

It's more than that at low retail easily. Most people aren't paying that with ride and transfer even from the scumbags like puds. Unless they're on blue label.
I would agree.....sometimes there are sales for like $475 or something, but I haven't seen one in a while.

Add to that your looking at the 10rd mag version.......its probably more like 550 nowadays door to door.

The only reason I have my one 17 is because it takes the same mags as my Ruger PC. Other than that, there are a million other Turkish or other
9mm's that have better ergo's and features than Glock.

People trying to flip glocks for $700 are retarded and its a waste of time. That ship has sailed. You might find the one Noob that
wets his pants over it but good luck......

Add to that, congratulations, if your not dealer, your buying guns to sell and make a profit, you'll give yourself a nice reason for the ATF to come and fxck you hard.

Last edited:
It's a design of our state system. Cops buy blue label Glocks every year and flip them for a bit of extra lunch money. Easy $1K bonus right there.
There are cops that do this.....

But I believe there's also been Cops dinged for doing this......and again....not an FFL, then open yourself up to selling without a license issues.

Last edited:
no. I have a 43 that i at times use a 43x frame on.

check out true precision slides if you're ever interested in a red dot.
I don't have any plans on putting a red dot on my 43. I have dots on my 34 and 45 but the 43 sits in my pocket in a pocket holster the 4 times a year I have a gun on me [rofl]

I'm curious, which are you saying "no" to?

The price of the pistol, including shipping the frame?
How far I'd need to drive to make the purchase?
How far I'd need to drive to find someone willing to do the frame transfer?
Or the cost of doing the frame transfer?

Those were the costs when I looked into it a couple of months ago. School me.

I would agree.....sometimes there are sales for like $475 or something, but I haven't seen one in a while.
Case in point. At this moment on deli site, a "LE only" G19 is currently on sale for $450, while one line above it is a general public model for $1200. Of course, that one comes with a pre-ban mag! :rolleyes:

I'm curious, which are you saying "no" to?

The price of the pistol, including shipping the frame?
How far I'd need to drive to make the purchase?
How far I'd need to drive to find someone willing to do the frame transfer?
Or the cost of doing the frame transfer?

Those were the costs when I looked into it a couple of months ago. School me.
Put up a WTB thread in the classifieds. I'm sure you'll be satisfied with what comes out of the woodwork. I drive 2hrs round trip all the time for great deals from great people on here.

Take my advice or leave it. You've been here since 2020, you shouldn't even need this thread at this point
I don’t know someone that’s been here a couple years just posted on their WTS Glock thread “what if I told you this Glock is totally LEGAL to own in MA??”

Ok bud, still not going to sell for double MSPR.

I don’t know someone that’s been here a couple years just posted on their WTS Glock thread “what if I told you this Glock is totally LEGAL to own in MA??”

Ok bud, still not going to sell for double MSPR.
But their firearms safety instructor told them Glocks are illegal, so theirs is super rare

I think that some people who have customized their Glocks are trying to recoup what they have put into them, personally I would not touch someone else's idea of the perfect Glock. For me those upgrades really don't add value, when it comes to Glocks I like them stock with the exception of possibly upgrading to nite sights.

I own two Glocks, a 17 an 19 and I only own them because they are two of the most common pistols out there, if SHTF ever comes scavenging for them would hopefully be easier.

OK for the sake of conversation, lets assume we live in a world without government interference

Glock 19's are available at MSRP or less at your LGS

There is no mag capacity limit, so having 15 round mags with a +2 base plate and one in the pipe sends you out the door with 18 ready to go.

Carry 2 spare G17 magazines with +2 plates and you have an extra 38 rounds at the ready

54 rounds

Go pick up a 50 round box of 9mm ammo, it is not light

Now again, perfect world, a 43X with Shield Arms magazines and a new mag release is 15+1 in an easier to carry package, and yes the 19 has a little more grip area but the 43X and or 48 are close enough in surface area that it does not IMHO make a lot of difference.

The 43X IMHO is a nicer gun than the G26, with the only advantage to the 26 is it takes the G17, 18 and 19 magazines.... the G26 really needs a base plate extension to get a good firm grip with full control using the stock 10 round mags.

But wait, time marches on... in the 30+ years since Glock brought the polymer striker fired pistol to market there have been other manufacturers rolling out their own offerings.

the S&W M+P series ( sorry not a fan ) Sig 320 series with its variants to some folks is a better choice than a G19, especially when it comes to grip angle. The Sig P365 and variants , the Turkish offerings, etc etc etc.

Don't get me wrong I like Gaston Glock's fantastic plastic, it is a reliable weapon with a reasonable MSRP, and in free states when they do show up for sale gently used they are $400 to $450 dollar guns in base configuration ( no night sights, no red dots), but Glock no longer has the allure it once had to many. I don't think you could give a G22 away at this point.

If you are going to pay premium money, get a premium gun.

I’ve heard mixed reviews on the Shield magazines for the 43x. I’m fine carrying 31 rounds. If the mag ban goes away, I’ll carry my Glock 19 with JP just one spare mag instead of two.

I agree with you on the Glock 26 — it just didn’t work for me. Now if I was a law enforcement officer carrying a 17/19 as a primary, then the 26 makes sense as a backup. But it didn’t work for me as a primary so I sold it.

Back
Top Bottom