Glock 19 market saturated?

IMHO, the only appeal for folks in MA is that you can't buy them new from a gun shop. I've had a few and never liked them. You get better ergonomics from a brick. They have no grip texture, and slide around in sweaty or damp hands.

IMHO they're meant to be cheap, but reliable disposable guns to be sold en mass to armies and police forces where they're used, abused, and thrown away like yesterday's garbage, then cheaply replaced.

Just an observation

There are now 9 Glock 19s for sale on just the first 2 pages.

What if anything, has taken its place for most people?

Ready, set, flame away.

It's probably because a bunch of people have several of them and they decided maybe it's time to sell one or something I think I'm up to at least four of them at this point.... but not selling.

Because people in MA think they are unobtainable there so they try sell them for idiotic prices.
Yeah but that's not new and that has very little to do with Glocks anymore... that's just generic flipper culture at this point we also have people on here trying to sell M&P hygiene products 1.0 pistols for like $100 more than Deli ticket Emporium sells 2.0s for.... flipper culture is basically aids.

Yeah but that's not new and that has very little to do with Glocks anymore... that's just generic flipper culture at this point we also have people on here trying to sell M&P hygiene products 1.0 pistols for like $100 more than Deli ticket Emporium sells 2.0s for.... flipper culture is basically aids.
Yes and they get REALLY upset when you make them a reasonable cash offer.

Yes and they get REALLY upset when you make them a reasonable cash offer.
This is so true and I don't understand how they post something for way more than several others on the same exact page.
Honestly I see dealers do this all the time also but it is free market and that is a wonderful thing.

For me, the CZ P10c. I find it's vastly better than the Glock with a comparable size.
CZ has a strong reputation for quality

I've never owned an actual CZ
I've also never owned an H&K either
No particular reason I just never got there.

Just an observation

There are now 9 Glock 19s for sale on just the first 2 pages.

What if anything, has taken its place for most people?

Ready, set, flame away.
It’s the most popular gun in the world right now I believe. Makes sense that people would try and sell them.

New Glocks are easier to get in MA now than they were 10 years ago, but lots of guys still think they can mark them up $250. Not really going to happen these days

It’s the most popular gun in the world right now I believe. Makes sense that people would try and sell them.

New Glocks are easier to get in MA now than they were 10 years ago, but lots of guys still think they can mark them up $250. Not really going to happen these days
I agree with this.
I think there are so many listed because they are so popular and have been for quite awhile.

The reason we have 2 pages of them is also because nobody is buying at the current prices listed.

If its price, its Turkish Semi Autos - SAR 9, Tisas PX-9 and Canik. 1/2 the price or less.

Lot of people shooting smaller guns. Shit ton of small semi autos, from Glock to Taurus in price range.

I'm not one of them, I prefer a full size gun.

Once I leave this wretched state and can shoot big boy mags........Sooner or later ill have zero Glocks probably and everything will be Turkish made.
For the money they have WAY more features and cost 1/2 the price than a Glock, and can carry 18-20 round mags, and have proven just as reliable.

The market is loaded with 9mm guns and its great for the consumer.

Last edited:
It seems to be the mindset of: "I paid an awful price for this, so I must sell it for an equally awful, or worse price, to try and break even or perhaps make a small profit." It's not as bad, however, as sites like eBay where completed slides are going for the same price as a complete, used Glock or close to it. I see this trend on GB, too, where all the "pre ban" Glocks are more expensive than new/newer gens.

Only other reason I can think of is that if MA bans FTF transfers then you will be stuck with them. If you don’t love the gun maybe now is the time to sell.

The "Bloom is off the Rose" for Glocks. Not like use to be when you wanted a striker fire gun and that was your hearts desire. Sig, S&W, H&K, Springfield, Canik and others are making guns as good or better generally for less money that a used Mass Glock. Also the move to Red Dots have eliminated the early Glocks from the running unless you want to pay for a slide milling.

easily fixed with grip tape. I use talon grips.
Yep, grip tape to fix crappy grips. aftermarket trigger to fix crappy trigger. aftermarket sights to fix plastic pos factory sights.
Or you could get a sig P365. P365XL with a Marco frame.is same dimensions as 19 but thinner and with better trigger, better sights and better ergonomics.

The only Glock I own is one inherited from my father. If it wasn't for the sentimental value, I would have sold it a long time ago.

The "Bloom is off the Rose" for Glocks. Not like use to be when you wanted a striker fire gun and that was your hearts desire. Sig, S&W, H&K, Springfield, Canik and others are making guns as good or better generally for less money that a used Mass Glock.
Yep. The only reason Glocks are "special" in Massachusetts is because of the MA AG's traditional banning of them from civilian peons for no good reason... and what nanny government bans is what the people want! [thumbsup] You go to other states and there is none of this "special" status shit or crazy prices. They hold about the same status and desirability as any other name brand plastic gun. And this is not a putdown of the Glock pistols. They are reliable and do the job. Rather, it's an observation that there are other alternatives that are just as good, often for less money.

So why are so many barely used ones suddenly showing up for sale? Clearly, a bunch of people think it's time to cash out. Maura and Andrea and the MA Legislature may have something to do with that. Methinks certain folks are thinking that it's probably a good time to get out of that "investment." 🤔

Back
Top Bottom