• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19 market saturated?

Yep, grip tape to fix crappy grips. aftermarket trigger to fix crappy trigger. aftermarket sights to fix plastic pos factory sights.
I look at this the same as putting new rims or better brakes on your car or adding a nice sound system to your TV set up. A couple easy and inexpensive add on’s to a Glock and it feels and shoots a lot better imo.

Just an observation
There are now 9 Glock 19s for sale on just the first 2 pages.
What if anything, has taken its place for most people?
Ready, set, flame away.
it may be partially funny to some, but, in this state, i personally got rid of both g19s i had - as i did not want to buy pre-ban mags for them, and consolidated all magazines to be G17 formfactor, and for a shorter barrel got a g19x recently. i do not need it, so it just sits in a hiding spot.

in a normal state if those mags would still be selling for peanuts - well, there is no real incentive to even think of that.

to speak for glocks to be special, with p80 or printed frames and aimsurplus selling parts- phhlease, you can have as many glocks as you wish and they will all work, as they are glocks. it is an excellent home defense platform, again, as you can have many for peanuts and they all share common parts. all of mine - frames - are now g17s.

easily fixed with grip tape. I use talon grips.
don't laugh....i have a hogue grip on my 43x and 43 frames....backwards design cues for sure but it makes shooting those snappy suckers much easier on my Palmolive hands.

IMHO, the only appeal for folks in MA is that you can't buy them new from a gun shop. I've had a few and never liked them. You get better ergonomics from a brick. They have no grip texture, and slide around in sweaty or damp hands.

IMHO they're meant to be cheap, but reliable disposable guns to be sold en mass to armies and police forces where they're used, abused, and thrown away like yesterday's garbage, then cheaply replaced.
The first sentence of your post tells me you haven't spent anywhere near enough time on here.

My canik, because I have a better sights, a better trigger, and it cost me $350. I'd be at $1000 right now for a holster, fixed sights, and a trigger upgrade.

I honestly like Glocks.

People always say how ugly they are but I really like the looks of a clean gen 3 and I do own 5 of the things.
That being said I now carry a shield and it just works for me. It's not a new thing as I'm on my 3rd year with the same unit and it gets rounds through it to keep fresh.
I would only swap out for my Glock 29 if I was going into the woods and the full size Glocks I have are all set up for extreme SHTF situation at home.
This has been interesting to hear all the different experiences and opinions of people and I really do appreciate and respect most as it provides a wealth of valuable input from a very diverse group.

The 365 is the same size as the 43x, which I already have. The P320 competes with the 19.

Imo the P320 is a tad too thicc for that.

As someone who owned two P320s (a full and a mid sized one close to a 19 sized gun) and a bunch of 19's... it's too lardy/fat/slide heavy to really be in the same space. IMO the only guns that have ever truly threatened the 19 throne, were the Caracal C (before it was recalled) and the CZ P10C. The P10C will even fit in most G19 holsters, although people have to be careful because the trigger guards are different thicknesses.. If you handle a P10 its obvious that was their target... of course there's the argument that 43x/365x/xl can supplant a 19 but i don't buy it, they're both a little compromised.... and i say that as someone who likes both of those platforms (i carry a 43x mostly because im lazy) but I still don't consider them true peers to a 19. I find the 19 to behave more like its larger counterparts.

Actually to put it in these terms... basically nobody cross shops a P320 with a 19. A P320 to me is more like a modernized P229 on a weight diet, but it's still carrying a spare tire around..... 🤣

I will confess to being biased, too, because I probably have more time on a 19 live trigger wise than all the others.... although if I had to do a timer test, I bet my scores would be similar on the P10C. It's striking how similar it handles. The only downside of the p10c is that changing the back straps is a pain in the ass. I forget what size it is but you need a roll pin punch to do it in the punch size is very non-standard I had to get something from Brownells to do it correctly... the crap you pick up at Harbor Freight isn't going to cut it cause it's always going to be the wrong size.... and you have to wail on that thing pretty good with a hammer to get the punch to move.... but nobody will say that pin is ever going to "fall out" I'll tell you that much..... 🤣

of course there's the argument that 43x/365x/xl can supplant a 19 but i don't buy it, they're both a little compromised.... and i say that as someone who likes both of those platforms (i carry a 43x mostly because im lazy) but I still don't consider them true peers to a 19. I find the 19 to behave more like its larger counterparts.
I find that the 43x moves around a bit in my hand when shooting and as a result just isn't comfortable for an extended session. In contrast, I can put hundreds of rounds through the 19 in a single session with no fatigue. I just wish the grip angle was different.

Glocks, including the 19, do have their issues. The sights are atrocious and I replace them before I fire the first shot. I find the grip slippery. And the trigger isn't great.

ETA: Glock's big mistake was the plastic magazines. If they'd used steel mags, the mag bodies would have been thinner, allowing the grips to be thinner.

I'd be interested to try the 365 Macro on a 365 xl grip frame. I could see that as a solid competitor to my 43x.

They’re not selling because we’ve also reached a point where people are afraid to use preban mags.

All those pants shitters going “I’ll probably get arrested and have to prove they’re preban so might as well carry something that holds 10 or less”.

Have been out of the loop for a while but weren't "like new" G19s selling for like $800 in the classifieds not too long ago? Admittedly, feel like that's what my last one sold for a few years back......

Maybe everyone finally discovered the big secret to getting legal but ahhh forbidden fruiiiiit guns here in MA [laugh] it's a good thing, about time Glocks stop flipping like rare 911 GT3s around here.

Have been out of the loop for a while but weren't "like new" G19s selling for like $800 in the classifieds not too long ago? Admittedly, feel like that's what my last one sold for a few years back......
That's what crack smokers list things for but that's not necessarily the price it sells for, unless they snag a rube. 🤣 Years ago I politely negotiated a new HK listed at $1200 down to $900.... as I saw the guys ad languishing for a few weeks. A lot of stuff listed at some stupid price get sold for much less.

They’re not selling because we’ve also reached a point where people are afraid to use preban mags.

It's all flipper culture and more supply vs demand.... everyone thinks they can flip for stupid cash on anything. I'm sure somewhere on faceplant marketplace right now there's someone selling a frozen turd in a ziploc bag that came out of their Great Dane or Mastiff. It's really big one..... so /obviously/ it's worth at least $100.... 🤣

It's a design of our state system. Cops buy blue label Glocks every year and flip them for a bit of extra lunch money. Easy $1K bonus right there.
It's more than just cops, you can basically be a town dog catcher or ambulance driver and buy a blue label gun from a remote.... but in reality most of the flippers are not that dumb. Glock could sue them for violating the agreement. (This doesn't happen, though).

Back
Top Bottom