• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19 market saturated?

so having 15 round mags with a +2 base plate
doable for sure, but i personally hate the way it feels when you shoot it. if anyone want to do that - i would recommend to try it out first this way, with a +2 base

I’ve heard mixed reviews on the Shield magazines for the 43x. I’m fine carrying 31 rounds. If the mag ban goes away, I’ll carry my Glock 19 with JP just one spare mag instead of two.

I agree with you on the Glock 26 — it just didn’t work for me. Now if I was a law enforcement officer carrying a 17/19 as a primary, then the 26 makes sense as a backup. But it didn’t work for me as a primary so I sold it.
With the Shield Mags, you ave to decide if you want OEM or Shield, because the mag release you need for the metal mags does not play nice with the plastic ones.

There are a couple of members here that have used them with no problem but with the replacement mag release.

As to the G26, a lot of those became safe queens or sold off when the 43 and 43X became available

I'm curious, which are you saying "no" to?

The price of the pistol, including shipping the frame?
How far I'd need to drive to make the purchase?
How far I'd need to drive to find someone willing to do the frame transfer?
Or the cost of doing the frame transfer?

Those were the costs when I looked into it a couple of months ago. School me.
Dont know where you live.....can't comment.

No was to the price of the pistol and cost of the transfer. Your total of $690 and a lot driving.

I looked quick at an online vendor I've used before thats sales tax free, new gen 5, n-dlc, 3-10rd mags, $550 shipped, $25 transfer. 5 min drive to my dealer.

$575 More than I thought.....more than they are worth IMHO.

Last edited:
Damn. I just looked. Some of them pistols been sitting there for 4 months or more. Wow. Of course, when you want $850 for a stock Glock 19, you're gonna wait for a while before someone is dumb enough to buy it.

My take is that the pre ban mags are at ridiculous prices, so if you're only carrying 10 rds there are now a lot more striker fired guns that are reliable and on the list. For example, Caniks; the FN 509 series; The Sig 365 family; the Shield Plus; and the Taurus, where you could buy two for the price of a G19.

It's more than that at low retail easily. Most people aren't paying that with ride and transfer even from the scumbags like puds. Unless they're on blue label.
They're even $550+ up here in Maine. Thanks to Obama and the state of Maine I can buy two a year at Blue label.

1) Glocks are overpriced in Massachusetts.
2) Many people want Glocks because it's popular with military and police;
not understanding that military and police choose to buy them because
they get them at HUGE discounts.
3) If Glocks are so superior, why are their warranties not as good as Ruger, S&W, Walther and Canik
4) Thus people buy a Glock and then realize there are better options at better prices (especially in Massachusetts)
so they sell them and buy other brands of pistols.

3) If Glocks are so superior, why are their warranties not as good as Ruger, S&W, Walther and Canik
New Glocks sold by dealers in MA contain a "risk premium". The AG can impose tens of thousands of dollers in either civil fines or legal fees on any dealer that sells one. Dealers do not sign up for that kind of risk without compensation.

Ruger and Glock both have the same warranty - no express warranty but contact us if you have a problem and we will see if we can help. Other than not supporting older models, Ruger has an excellent reputation for their "non warranty".

2) Many people want Glocks because it's popular with military and police;
not understanding that military and police choose to buy them because
they get them at HUGE discounts.
4) Thus people buy a Glock and then realize there are better options at better prices (especially in Massachusetts)
so they sell them and buy other brands of pistols.
1) yes
2) The US military doesnt really use Glocks outside of niche teams
3) I don't think many people are saying Glocks are superior
4) That's subjective

They're also popular because people want to have something that an authority tells them they can't have. It's like after the seventh inning at Fenway, when you're told that no more overpriced watered down Crudweiser will be sold. So, the masses run to the beer stations to load up and double fist. While heading back to their tiny overpriced seats, they spill more than half on the ground or on someone else but they have enough to last them the rest of the game!

I wanted a Glock because of the proven reliability, less parts to deal with, ease of cleaning, interchangeable magazines, and because someone told me I can't get one new in this state. With patience, I got what I wanted at non MA pricing, along with the realization that the G17,19,22,23 grip and other models are not for me, to fat!

Last edited:
IMO.it appears Four seasons has been churning thru their used
Glock selection pretty good,

REALLY !
Can you have enough GLOCKS ?

Hah, rhetorical question….. [popcorn]

No one wants to pay over retail for a used G19.

A used gen 5 G19 is worth $500.

That's crazy talk. Glocks are soooo rare in MA. A Glock 19 should be at least $900, especially if it has a custom fancy slide back plate with a skull on it, which makes the gun more powerful.

[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes] (for the folks selling Glocks for mucho dinero sans understanding of sarcasm)

New Glocks sold by dealers in MA contain a "risk premium". The AG can impose tens of thousands of dollers in either civil fines or legal fees on any dealer that sells one. Dealers do not sign up for that kind of risk without compensation.

If you think dealers are selling glocks to make an extra hundred or two on risk premium your wrong........

They're also popular because people want to have something that an authority tells them they can't have. It's like after the seventh inning at Fenway, when you're told that no more overpriced watered down Crudweiser will be sold. So, the masses run to the beer stations to load up and double fist. While heading back to their tiny overpriced seats, they spill more than half on the ground or on someone else but they have enough to last them the rest of the game!

I wanted a Glock because of the proven reliability, less parts to deal with, ease of cleaning, interchangeable magazines, and because someone told me I can't get one new in this state. With patience, I got what I wanted at non MA pricing, along with the realization that the G17,19,22,23 grip nd other models are not for me, to fat!
That ship has sailed........a long time ago. They aren't something you can't get.....and very few care about them anymore. The only reason people did is because 10 years ago there was glock, sig or M&P. That was pretty much it. M&P sucked ass because the trigger was and still is atrocious. Sig was like carrying a school bus on the side of your hip. That left Glock.....so people wanted them for that reason and they were reliable......simple as that.

Now.....there are a million smaller carry oriented pistols, from the big 3. And since the Turks have come to market, a million other cheaper (by alot), options, with more features, and optic cuts, for half the price of glock, sig, and M&P, that are just as reliable and proven. Canik, SAR, and Tisas PX-9 and others.

I don't even bother looking at the big 3 anymore. Since my first Canik, and my first Tisas 1911....really unless I'm buying a revolver.....I'm pretty much looking at Turkish guns. Their quality is good, and the guns run great, and most features for the money. The 1911's are impressive. Its not Rock Island quality, its a good step above that...... 350 bucks for really nice quality 1911? Are you kidding me? Those prices won't last, they will go up once people see the quality they are getting. Quality is easily pushing Ruger or Springfield, and maybe Smith for 1/3rd the price.

Same thing applies to most shotguns.....any autoloader or pump, I'm probably looking Turkish now. Just bought an Impala plus semi auto.....380 bucks and the fit, finish is great and it runs like a top. Quality far better than Remington, price like 1/3 of a Browning, Benelli or Beretta.

Last edited:

I wanted a Glock because of the proven reliability, less parts to deal with, ease of cleaning, interchangeable magazines, and because someone told me I can't get one new in this state. With patience, I got what I wanted at non MA pricing, along with the realization that the G17,19,22,23 grip and other models are not for me, to fat!

Imagine how few "Assault Weapons" would be floating out there today if Joltin Joe never pushed the AWB back in the 90's. Shine a light on something - make it attractive. Should have STFU'd. It would have gone better for them in general. Now they are in the end-stages of having ALL restrictions ELIMINATED. . . FOREVER!

Good job, Joe.

Many on Gunbroker for reasonable prices but then you have to pay $40 for shipping, Ma. Sales tax, 3-4% charge for using credit card and then $50 FFL Transfer fee.
That said I've bought 2 Gen4's recently.

Back
Top Bottom