Glock 19 market saturated?

Many on Gunbroker for reasonable prices but then you have to pay $40 for shipping, Ma. Sales tax, 3-4% charge for using credit card and then $50 FFL Transfer fee.
That said I've bought 2 Gen4's recently.

Glad I know the NES secret handshake!

Many on Gunbroker for reasonable prices but then you have to pay $40 for shipping, Ma. Sales tax, 3-4% charge for using credit card and then $50 FFL Transfer fee.
That said I've bought 2 Gen4's recently.
Or I could save $100 up front by meeting up with any one of the many fine members here and paying cash.....

Some people buy glocks because they plain work in any condition. Paying the stupid premium is another thing. Buying Turkish to save a couple of hundred on a life saving tool is not my cup of tea. There are Kia buyers there are German car buyers.

I wouldn’t pay the insane markup on most in the classifieds but are we really this concerned with the price of the gun? I spend at least the price of the gun in ammo during the first year of ownership alone…..

I like Glock and I own a handful, paid a small private mark up for each but I pay a mark up on pretty much everything living in MA

If you think that any center-fire Ruger pistol can compete with Glock, you're probably 14yo and just shitposting.
Not 14 and not shitposting.

I’ve owned many Ruger centerfire pistols. Years ago I traded the only Glock pistol I‘ve ever owned (a gen 2 G17) for a Ruger SR9c plus cash on his end. What I got was a pistol that was just as reliable over a thousand or so rounds, with better ergonomics and a better factory trigger, so I grouped WAY better with it. Since then I’ve owned and carried 7 more Ruger pistols and shot a bunch of my friends Glocks. I like the Rugers better. A Ruger SR45 is in my bedside safe. I now own centerfire pistols from Ruger, Beretta, CZ, Canik, HK, S&W, Remington, Kel Tec, and Sig. I own more Rugers than any other brand. What I’ve never owned again is another Glock. Every single other gun I own, when I push it out from my body, the front sight drops into the rear naturally. With every Glock I’ve ever fired, the front sight presents higher than the rear, and I have to bring my wrist down to drop it into the rear. Absolute worst ergos of any handgun design IMO.

40 years ago, when they owned the market on striker fired handguns, they were the gun to own if you wanted bulletproof reliability. Now every manufacturer has a striker fired model, and they all ripped off Glock’s design…so they are all reliable. And the rest of them plopped Glock internals into more ergonomic frames with better triggers (except for S&W and Kel Tec). The former is inexcusable, the later is expected.

Glock is really good at marketing, though, and creating a loyal fan base. In that way, they are like the Apple of firearms (except Apple actually cares about design). People who own Glocks really like to talk about how superior they are.

But to answer the OPs question, I think it’s because there are a whole lot of just as reliable, better designed, and better priced options out there for hundreds of dollars less. And more and more dealers doing Glock “frame transfers”, so it’s easier than ever to get one. It won’t be long IMO before the price of Glocks is more in line with used prices on other handguns.

And I still won’t buy one.

As for what sits in its place in my holster, the S&W M&P 2.0 Compact with an Apex flat face trigger. Dimensionally nearly the exact same size as a 19, with superior ergos. I shoot that gun better than almost any handgun I’ve owned. If I could only have one, this would be it.

Last edited:
Every single other gun I own, when I push it out from my body, the front sight drops into the rear naturally. With every Glock I’ve ever fired, the front sight presents higher than the rear, and I have to bring my wrist down to drop it into the rear. Absolute worst ergos of any handgun design IMO.
That's not ergonomics, that's just a different grip angle messing up your index and it's something you can easily train for. It takes me one dry fire season to go between Glock and 1911, for example - literally 10min of presentations and I adjust.

That's not ergonomics, that's just a different grip angle messing up your index and it's something you can easily train for. It takes me one dry fire season to go between Glock and 1911, for example - literally 10min of presentations and I adjust.
100% I could train for it. In fact, If I only owned a Glock, I'm sure the muscle memory would make it as "natural" pointing to me as all my others. I have friends that only own glocks, and they can get rounds on target as fast or faster than me. But I'm fortunate enough to be able own and shoot many different handgun brands. When one design stands out as one that I have to take 10 minutes to train myself for to get it on target quickly, that's the one that I'm not going to shoot or own. Especially when there are so many other manufacturers that have taken that same reliable striker mechanism and dropped it into handguns with a more natural grip angle.

That's not a dig on Glock guys. It's a proven, reliable handgun, that you can stake your life on. I count many Glock guys as friends. I just don't think that it's the only game in town anymore, and I much prefer being able to jump from my Beretta, to my HK, to my 1911 in one range session without having to adjust for a different-than-all-the-rest-because-I'm-a-MoFo-Glock-dammit grip angle.

OTOH - The Glock grip angle is the superior choice for non-standard sighting methods ;)
Screen-Shot-2017-07-02-at-8.50.31-AM-600x269.png

The Turkish shotguns dont exactly have a good reputation for being durable.
Yea, I see it time and time again. "muh DeHaan, Huglu, TriStar cost half of a used B gun an shoots just as good" I'm not crapping on the sub $2k entry shotguns, they have their place but lets be real. CZ shotguns are nice field guns for a guy who goes out for upland a few times a year or maybe shoots a round of skeet time to time. One season of serious use in the shotgun sports and that thing will shoot itself loose.

100% I could train for it. In fact, If I only owned a Glock, I'm sure the muscle memory would make it as "natural" pointing to me as all my others. I have friends that only own glocks, and they can get rounds on target as fast or faster than me. But I'm fortunate enough to be able own and shoot many different handgun brands. When one design stands out as one that I have to take 10 minutes to train myself for to get it on target quickly, that's the one that I'm not going to shoot or own. Especially when there are so many other manufacturers that have taken that same reliable striker mechanism and dropped it into handguns with a more natural grip angle.

That's not a dig on Glock guys. It's a proven, reliable handgun, that you can stake your life on. I count many Glock guys as friends. I just don't think that it's the only game in town anymore, and I much prefer being able to jump from my Beretta, to my HK, to my 1911 in one range session without having to adjust for a different-than-all-the-rest-because-I'm-a-MoFo-Glock-dammit grip angle.

OTOH - The Glock grip angle is the superior choice for non-standard sighting methods ;)
View attachment 729643
image.png

Yea, I see it time and time again. "muh DeHaan, Huglu, TriStar cost half of a used B gun an shoots just as good" I'm not crapping on the sub $2k entry shotguns, they have their place but lets be real. CZ shotguns are nice field guns for a guy who goes out for upland a few times a year or maybe shoots a round of skeet time to time. One season of serious use in the shotgun sports and that thing will shoot itself loose.
TFBTV has shown the durability of Turkish shot guns. They start literally falling apart pretty fast [rofl]

Or I could save $100 up front by meeting up with any one of the many fine members here and paying cash.....

Assuming you aren't paying the $850 for the one on here. LOL

Are GB transactions really withholding sales tax these days as well???? I haven't Gunbrokered in probably 4-5 years. Last one was my Uzi. I got a good deal on that. Shot it a few times and sold it for more than what I paid. That's always nice. ;)

Was just talking to a guy tonight and he was saying how the shop a couple miles away started selling glocks now. I asked how much and he said for about 900. I've been in this shop once when they opened and that was all I needed to know. Driving 3 hrs round trip to the mill to save a few hundred is worth it to me.

I just want a glock 19 gen 1 if anyone would like to part with there's.

The Turkish shotguns dont exactly have a good reputation for being durable.
If you read my post it said autoloader or pump. Not O/U.

If your buying an o/u for serious trap or skeet and shooting a lot, your still better with a B gun. It will cost 1500 more, but your still better with it. It will last better than any turkish O/U.

If your buying an autoloader. Ive seen Impala Plus go thru thousands of rounds without a hiccup. Ive seen them on the same skeet line and watch Beretta autoloaders fail because they weren't clean. When Impala Plus come out with a 20 gauge , I'll be the first in line to buy it.

Tri Star and some of the others, not so much, they are OK, but not made as well as the Impala plus. Tri Star autoloaders are fine for hunting, but not for serious shooting. As are the O/U's....very occasional hunting and shooting are OK, but they are not solidly built guns for lifetime use like a Citori or Bertetta, Benelli or Rizzini, etc.

Last edited:
Some people buy glocks because they plain work in any condition. Paying the stupid premium is another thing. Buying Turkish to save a couple of hundred on a life saving tool is not my cup of tea. There are Kia buyers there are German car buyers.
Is why I still carry a G17.

Turkish guns are great for the range, but honestly, they don't make that many that carry as thin as Glock. But I only need one carry gun, if Im looking for value for the range, MOS shit, and features........ I'm going Turkish.

That said, I'd carry my Canik TP9SF any day, its just big....but its been just as reliable as my G17.

I’m paying low $600’s for Gen 5 MOS Glocks out the door.

Funny how someone asks about Glocks and suddenly the classifieds are flush with $750 g19’s.
Awhile ago tho, I’ll say 10 years ago same with the Springfield XDS
Now people caught up ( in Mass) to owning them so not much of a want factor anymore

Is why I still carry a G17.

Turkish guns are great for the range, but honestly, they don't make that many that carry as thin as Glock. But I only need one carry gun, if Im looking for value for the range, MOS shit, and features........ I'm going Turkish.

That said, I'd carry my Canik TP9SF any day, its just big....but its been just as reliable as my G17.
My TP9sf has 5k rounds through it and is still smooth and not once have I have an issue using any ammo.

My daughter has hers and I have mine. Hers has been good so far(not a high round count) and mine hasn't had any problems with it so far. Hers is accurate and mine is accurate as long as she is shooting it. (I suck at handgun shooting)

My TP9sf has 5k rounds through it and is still smooth and not once have I have an issue using any ammo.

there is a ton of 'em, isn't there? i guess this is not the time to sell. but i do question my sanity for owning several of the same model gun, the 19. but again i put to you...glocks are the one handgun all others are striving to be. like the chevy camero chasing the ford mustang around. it's an ok car but it's not a mustang. the posers are ok guns but not glocks. glock doesn't have to introduce a gimmick multi chassis pistol. but just notice who puts out hi cap, polymer framed, striker fired semi auto pistols? almost everyone. who incorporates some form of little safety tit or articulated trigger gizmo on their triggers? almost all of 'em. who used all those features first? mr. glock. remember when hi caps made gun designers lose their minds and retool to jump on that bandwagon. glock puts out a single stack 9 compact and the race is on to get back to single stack.

but what kills the deal in massachusetts is that concept of "the list." you can get the worlds most perfect, simplified pistol most anywhere in the continental u.s. for surprisingly cheap dinero. in a free state in a shop, i bet you could pick up a used 19 for a wee bit north of $300 right now. even the .40 is selling briskly outside massachusetts. huh? what?

there is a ton of 'em, isn't there? i guess this is not the time to sell. but i do question my sanity for owning several of the same model gun, the 19. but again i put to you...glocks are the one handgun all others are striving to be. like the chevy camero chasing the ford mustang around. it's an ok car but it's not a mustang. the posers are ok guns but not glocks. glock doesn't have to introduce a gimmick multi chassis pistol. but just notice who puts out hi cap, polymer framed, striker fired semi auto pistols? almost everyone. who incorporates some form of little safety tit or articulated trigger gizmo on their triggers? almost all of 'em. who used all those features first? mr. glock. remember when hi caps made gun designers lose their minds and retool to jump on that bandwagon. glock puts out a single stack 9 compact and the race is on to get back to single stack.

but what kills the deal in massachusetts is that concept of "the list." you can get the worlds most perfect, simplified pistol most anywhere in the continental u.s. for surprisingly cheap dinero. in a free state in a shop, i bet you could pick up a used 19 for a wee bit north of $300 right now. even the .40 is selling briskly outside massachusetts. huh? what?
List has nothing to do with it......lists don't matter.....

The only thing that keeps anyone here from getting a 300 free state used glock is if the dealer will ship to MA or not. And I do think if in good condition a used G19 goes for more than that even in a free state.

Realistically...if i can buy a brand new gen 5 for $500 ish, I'm probably doing that than buying some used gen 3 shitter for $350.00 Because I will resell the Gen5 in MA for what I bought it for after using it.

300 dollars.....I'll buy the Turkish Tisas PX-9 `brand new all day long. But honestly, I'm waiting til I get in a free state and can make use of the 20 round mags.

Just move on from anybody who tries to sell things at clown prices…there are always other fish in the sea…
I dont even bother with them. Why waste your time offering $450 or whatever for a used pistol when the seller is asking $850? I paid $500 for the last two I bought. (even that is too high for a used gun, but MA [thinking]) Deals show up but you have to be quick and patient or just exploit the ways to obtain a new one.

Back
Top Bottom