• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First "Free America" Gun Purchase

Jay and I have been exchanging e-mails on this topic today, so I figured I'd open the discussion to all you folks.

I'm trying to figure out what my first purchase will be once I cross the border and obtain my gen-u-WINE NH driver's license (in 36 days, but who's counting?).

For the sake of argument, let's cap the budget at $400. And remember that I already have a decent .45, a .22 rifle, and a 12-ga. shotgun.

I was leaning toward a snub .38 for carrying, but with heavy jacket weather approaching the Ruger .45 becomes more carry-able. So, that purchase might wait til spring.

That said, I'm definitely now leaning in the direction of a WASR-10 with all the super-scary features attached thereto.

Any other suggestions.

You might enjoy a Browning Buckmark .22 pistol. They are rather nice and inexpensive and they are apparently too dangerous for MA residents to buy.

dont forget a really, really, really LARGE capacity magazine !

MAG-032.jpg

Also, as Jay mentioned to me earlier, there's little chance of the gun-grabbers targeting a 10-round pistol for extinction, with so many scary-looking "assault weapons" out there.

That's not to say the Buckmark won't be labled an assault weapon, eventually, given it's a semiautomatic (scary word#1) concealable (scary word#2) handgun (scary word#3) that accepts a detachable magazine (scary word#4) and fires deadly rimfire (scary word #5) ammunition.

Eeek!

I think I soiled my pants out of sheer terror just from typing that.

Rosie, come hold me!

aug_m203.jpg

How about this? It even has a grenade launcher... I mean, it's your freedom, celebrate it loud!

Fixed it for you, Jen!

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always order ammunition and standard capacity magazines and have them delivered right to your new house! I hear that folks actually can do that up there!

Yeah, "exchanging e-mails". He's been torturing me with pictures of forbidden guns and/or accessories all day, the sadist son of so-and-so... [smile]

Jay and I have been exchanging e-mails on this topic today, so I figured I'd open the discussion to all you folks.

I'm trying to figure out what my first purchase will be once I cross the border and obtain my gen-u-WINE NH driver's license (in 36 days, but who's counting?).

For the sake of argument, let's cap the budget at $400. And remember that I already have a decent .45, a .22 rifle, and a 12-ga. shotgun.

I was leaning toward a snub .38 for carrying, but with heavy jacket weather approaching the Ruger .45 becomes more carry-able. So, that purchase might wait til spring.

That said, I'm definitely now leaning in the direction of a WASR-10 with all the super-scary features attached thereto.

Any other suggestions.

Well... if it wasn't for the $400 cap, MY first free America purchase would be a hi-cap Para .45. 14 rounds of .45 in one magazine... Ahh, bliss. [grin]

"Freedom? That is worship word! You will not speak it!"

Well, if you want an AK, I can build you one at the same time I'm building Jay his. Only yours will still have the evil bayonet lug functional. I also have a couple of Yugo RPK kits coming in this week if you're looking for something a bit different. That finned heavy barrel is definitely evil-looking.

A $400 limit pretty much puts you in the AK category. Move it up a couple hundred bucks and you're looking at FALs and some budget ARs, which you should definitely have before Pelosi gets her way.

You could always order ammunition and standard capacity magazines and have them delivered right to your new house! I hear that folks actually can do that up there!

Yes we can, and I bet my UPS delivery guy wishes we couldn't, especially when the 4 cases of 1,260rds SA .308 arrived last week [smile]

Maybe you would consider selling off any of your current inventory that you could easily replace as a NH resident that us MA suckers have no way to obtain otherwise??? Just a thought.

-Cuz.

If I had any blacklisted firearms, which could readily be replaced in NH, I would absolutely sell them off to keep them MA-compliant.

Alas, all I have are MA-compliant guns.

Until the Patrick/Barrios Semiauto Ban gets rammed up your ass,that is.

So, maybe that Ruger 10/22 should stay behind. NOT!

Back
Top Bottom