First Defense Firearms, Uxbridge MA

I was in there when you two were there as well!! my buddy bought the Mossberg 500....

I was amazed that the line never got shorter!!! Always a steady stream of people

The one with the collapsable stock? Nice! I was drooling over that gun the other day.

LOL nope, and my other buddy, the tall one was gonna snatch the 500 up if the first one didnt.. nice grab on that saiga btw. Im jealous!

Actually I picked up a set of Crimson laser grips for my wife's p230.
Ordered them in Feb. and backordered.
I figured she doesn't shoot it that much but if she needed to use it this would help and the intimidation factor is huge.

Stopped in about 3-4 weeks ago to make my first firearm purchase, Dennis and Greg were great! I went first thing on a Saturday morning, hoping to beat any crowds so I could get some time to look around and get some help without being rushed since I'm a newbie to the sport.

Store was busy even early, but Greg spent a lot of time with me showing me a few different handguns, and balanced working with me as well as other customers to keep the flow moving.

Wrapped up the deal with Dennis and he was every bit as customer oriented as Greg was. Both were a pleasure to deal with.

Walked out with a new SIG P226 9mm, then went back the next week for a DAC safe. Looking to head back soon to see about ordering an AR platform when I can decide on which one...

These guys definitely earned a repeat customer!!

I was in this weekend to finally FFL my deceased fathers shotguns to me now that I have my LTC. After my boyfriend emailing with Dennis to make sure we had everything we needed to do the FFL we headed in this weekend. Dennis as always was a great help same with his wife Shelly and Greg?. We knew being a Saturday it would be busy but at this point we are used to being a gun shop for over an hour. Great service and helpful as always. We try to make it in atleast once every other week since we know we can usually find what we are looking for.

Thanks again to Dennis for helping with the FFL. Look forward to doing business in the future. Great shop and great people! [grin]

I went to First Defense Firearms this past Saturday. It would be my first gun purchase. After running around the building to find where the store was located. I walked in and was greeted with smiles. Had asked to see a Glock in the case, inspected it then decided I wanted it. I got some slip on grips, fiber optic front site, locking case, some snap caps and some ammo. Dennis is a great guy helping me out with pricing on everything he could. Even suggesting the cheeper lock box and telling me to go to the hardware store across the street to buy locks because they would be cheaper. I need it to be locked in a box because I have a hatch back..anyways. Dennis showed me how to field strip the gun tips on cleaning and made sure I was good to go.
Everyone else in the shop was very friendly and pleasant to speak with. One gentleman told me about his job and sweet baby rays BBQ sauce and let me hold his wifes sig equinox after talking to him for minutes.
All in all great shop, great people and I will definitely be going back soon.

I love the Glock as well. Great price.

I was in for my first gun purchase 2 weeks ago. Dennis and Shelly are great people. They could not have made this an easier or more friendly experience for a newly licensed guy like myself. They were both very patient and glad to show me the guns I was interested in, make suggestions, etc. They let me try several guns, as well as a dozen holsters before I found the two I wanted. After more than 3 hours there, I left with my first revolver, holsters, pistol safe & range bag! He also had the .38 ammo I needed. My experience there was so good that a couple of days later, I stopped back in and purchased a shotgun that I'd noticed my first day there. The second time was as good as the first. Dennis went through the gun with me, explaining its features, etc. & made sure I had the right case & the right cleaning tools for it. I'm happy to recommend them to anyone.

I DROVE FROM NEW BEDFORD AND WORTH THE TRIP ...WELL STOCKED AND COULDN'T BE NICER PEOPLE RUNNING IT....SMALL SHOP BUT THE QUALITY IS THERE SO STOP IN I'M SURE YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID ....AND NO I DON'T GET A FEE FOR POSTING THIS ...

Stopped in to see what was new and there were a few new items (as usual)....

- M1A with 2 stocks and scope set up, etc. (I think it was $1,900)
- brand new DPMS LPKs in the blister packs ($75)
- bunch more Wilson Combat stuff for us 1911 builders [smile]
- several new 1911s
- lots of .223 and .40S&W ammo

Another bump for the best shop in MA. Was in tonight looking around and 7 (!) MA compliant Glock 21 .45ACPs had come in on a police trade in. All looked to be in fantastic shape. Typical police wear...carried a lot and shot little. Internals were bright with barely any wear. The best thing was the price on these guns...499 cash/check. One of these followed me home. Being a Glock newbie, Dennis took almost 45 minutes with me on break down procedure and questions. These folks are truly good people. If you are interested in a Glock 21 you may not want to let these get away.

Dennis also have a few more items in stock:

- Saiga 12
- Saiga in 7.62x39
- several AR15s in different configurations
- Spike Tactical dedicated .22lr upper
- Stag upper with quad rail (free floating)
- Ruger mini 14
- AR stocks with accessories (Skel., A2, collap., etc.)
- SIGs - 226, 229, 239, 232
- several very nice 1911 (standard, PD, Doug K.)

+1 For First Defence Firearms

Not because they did anything special for me, but because my experience there was what you'd want it to be. Great people. The shop may be small, but packed w/goodies (and importantly the ammo that makes them fun).

If you're in the area definitely stop in, I'm glad I did.[smile]

Hi All,

Just bought my first gun from FDF and wow!! What a great experience!!

I honestly knew that they had the gun I wanted in stock, but I wanted to get a feel for it and took the ride down there. I instantly really liked the store, their stock, and the overall feel of walking in.

I am not the type of person to buy something like a gun impulsively and wanted to do some research after touching the gun....so I told the owner, I wanted the gun but I wasnt going to buy today due to the fact that I didnt have a gunsafe (yes he has them, but they are a bit pricey)....I expected his sales rebuttal, which he did give, except it was more of an FYI incase I was ignorant to the law...(that I didnt need one by law, that I trigger lock would be enough)...I noted that I knew that, but I still wanted a gunsafe as added security as I live with my young nephew and do not want him playing w it...he nodded with agreement, and I left w a gentlemens agreement that I would return on Saturday.

I ended up going to the store the next day after buying a gunsafe and purchased my first handgun.

I am in sales, as a retail sales manager I know (and taught people) how to sell to people buying on impulse...w a gun, I feel that you can not and should not talk people into buying, just so a shop can make a sale...thats somewhat immoral, and really appreciated the fact that his only rebuttal was more of an FYI rather a reason just to buy today. His accessories were kinda pricey, but that is were ALL companies make their money so there was no shock there....but the gun price was VERY fair as per usuall the main product is usually more monetarily attainable.

FDF will be the only gun shop I buy from when buying brand new....I have already recommended them to all the gun owners I know.

I recently bought a Walther P99 .40 that was on consignment at FDF; their patience with me was greatly appreciated. There were a lot of people in and out of the shop while I was there and they did a great job handling everyone. It was a great find for me since it is minutes from my house versus Four Seasons which is over an hour away. Hopefully through word-of-mouth I was able to get a few more people to stop in.

....I posted this over in the shop thread, but it deserves to be reiterated here...

I also just got my first gun (since I have lived in MA) from FDF and it was nothing but a great experience.

I had already decided what I was looking for (Sig P220) and was pricing around and Dennis not only had a great price, but was quick to answer any and all of my questions I sent to him via email. Top Notch customer service and I will be visiting again!

Thanks Dennis!

-Matt

My old coworker is actually good friends with Dennis and practices IDPA with him. I've been in the store a couple of times. Very nice guy, and good service. I'd go there more often but its a pain the butt to get there.

I havent been to the shop in months, mostly cause im 11 thousand miles away from it as most of you know! I had a need for some parts for AR mags, and figured the fastest way to get em was to get them myself! Dennis took my email request and got me all the parts I wanted. Nothing better than getting mail out here! and springs and followers, along with a couple First Defense Firearms fridge magnets was a great thing!!! I handed em out already Dennis, send me a dozen business cards and I will have you some more customers when we return to the US of A!

We just got back from FDF. I brought my fiancee down to look at revolvers, as she just received her LTC-A unrestricted yesterday. Although she didn't buy anything (I did though [smile]) Dennis was very helpful in showing her the guns and holster options.

I can't give this shop enough kudos!!

First Defense Firearms - Uxbridge, MA

Hey all, I did not see a review for this shop so decided to post one. My apologies if there is already a thread and I somehow missed it.
I stopped in this shop because I live in Worcester on the Millbury line and this is a) closer than Four Seasons where I just bought my first handgun and b) I prefer the drive up 146 over the drive into Worcester/Shrewsbury.
I stopped in to check out the shop and introduce myself. I found the shop to be very well stocked (by my limited experience that is). It is owned by a trooper and his wife I believe. I met the guy and he was very friendly and willing to chat for a few minutes. I purchased an extra mag for my Glock 23 and a box of WWB .40.
I also talked to the owner about taking some one-on-one lessons to work on my shooting since I am new and want to avoid creating bad habits if possible. I haven't taken him up on this as I wanted to shop around a bit since this is more than I was anticipating for for lessons.
All in all I found the shop to be well stocked and the people were friendly. I would recommend checking out the shop to anyone who is interested.

P.S. The shop is located on the second floor of a building and the first floor is a bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI....
Just talked to Dennis and Shelly and looks like tomorrow night will be "blowout and mark down sale" - 1 night only. Here are an few of the items I can remember:
- 5.11 tactical pants
- Fobus holsters
- gas masks
- DPMS Ar15 spring kits, fire control group kits, pin kits, etc.

Great Shop

I started typing this a paragraph and it was getting too long so I'm going to sum it up a little:

Good pistol selection - new and consignment
OK rifle selection - same
Great magazine selection
Good ammo selection
GREAT gun parts selection - pistol and rifle
Good holster/pouch selection
Good accessory/lights/optics selection
Good prices and GREAT sale prices (when they need to make some room, they almost give the stuff away)
Awkward Hours of operation (there is a reason for that)
shop is a but Small (read: a lot of stuff)

GREAT FRIENDLY staff
and they will order anything (legal) for you, for possibly better prices then online if they don't stock it.
They ordered an AR 22lr Upper for me, came in fast and cheaper then online

I now have THREE shops that I highly recommend when asked for a good shop in the area.

Back
Top Bottom