First Defense Firearms, Uxbridge MA

First post here and this is why I came. Visited this shop tuesday on sugg of a friend, and actually ended up buying a Smith M%P. Great guys and really dont push anything on you. Owners wife even gave my daughter a couple Bracelets! Found them to be Friendly , Knowledgable, and very profesional. Would suggest this shop to anyone!

I just got an M&P9mm last night from them. Great shop with great people. It's an hour drive for me, but they are the only ones I want to deal with! [thumbsup]

OK dont want to saturate this thread with my pimping of this place, but went there yesterday to get info on my next buy. A SW M&P ar. Owner was very polite and really took his time showing me all the options and even copied stuff off the web for me. Not to mention most likely the best price by far for the rifle. Really got to hand it to these guys. They know thier shit and walk the walk.

I would echo the positive comments about First Defense. I went in to check out a S&W M&P-15, and was struck enough by the attentive customer service and the prices (VERY good pricing) that I decided to buy on the spot. Or at least, start the process, since I knew I'd be delayed as I am every single time. And of course I was. Living quite a ways from Uxbridge, and with the unique business hours, didn't look good for coming back in the foreseeable future to pick it up when the proceed came back...

Dennis and Shelly went WELL out of their way for me to be able to pick the rifle up the next time I was in that part of America, and did it around my odd schedule (!). This is a gun shop. In Massachusetts. That not only had can't-say-no-to prices, but bent over backwards to accommodate a first time customer. (Yeah, I was thrown off guard, too)

Any future firearm purchases I make will be there. Even if the price evens out after plane or ferry tickets and gas, they've done a MUCH better job of EARNING my business than any other shop I've done business with. Well worth the trip.

I would echo the positive comments about First Defense. I went in to check out a S&W M&P-15, and was struck enough by the attentive customer service and the prices (VERY good pricing) that I decided to buy on the spot. Or at least, start the process, since I knew I'd be delayed as I am every single time. And of course I was. Living quite a ways from Uxbridge, and with the unique business hours, didn't look good for coming back in the foreseeable future to pick it up when the proceed came back...

Dennis and Shelly went WELL out of their way for me to be able to pick the rifle up the next time I was in that part of America, and did it around my odd schedule (!). This is a gun shop. In Massachusetts. That not only had can't-say-no-to prices, but bent over backwards to accommodate a first time customer. (Yeah, I was thrown off guard, too)

Any future firearm purchases I make will be there. Even if the price evens out after plane or ferry tickets and gas, they've done a MUCH better job of EARNING my business than any other shop I've done business with. Well worth the trip.

Is it paid for? If so I'd be happy to pick it up for you? [smile][wink]

Indeed, it's paid for and picked up. Now I just need to sneak out to the range before I go back home to Exile Island.

Just wanted to add my third post on these guys. Went in last night and bought my M&P 15. I spent a considerable amout of time with the owner and his workers. Ended up getting a huge deal on everything, and very happy with all advice that was given. Today I actually returned to the store to return a scope that just didnt fit rite or feel right to me. Perfectly good piece, but just did not work for me. Dennis took it back no questions asked, and gave me the choice of the cash or credit. I took the credit and left with $3.10! But stuff I needed took all the refund.

Dont let anyone stray you on the smallness of the shop. Yes it is small, but well put together.(if Shelly quits moving stuff on him ;) and everything is found that can be needed for the AR platform. It is well worth going there, and my son actually showed up and also bought a used Beretta for a good price. I actually stayed back doing my atf crap, and was really impressed on how honest the worker was that was dealing with him. I decided to stay out of the way and just listen and have no issues, but just praise on how they treated him.

I am so impressed, and positve over the profesionalism of the shop, that if you dont have the best customer service, let me know. My family has a rest. down the road and I will buy ya lunch. They are that good.

Fiancee and I just returned from another First Defense trip. Couldn't be happier with the service. The shop was pretty crowded, but Dennis acknowledged us as we walked through the door. He even remembered my Fiancee and the fact that she purchased a S&W 686 about 6 months ago from the shop. Shop is a little small and often crowded (that's great business-wise [smile]), but the customer service more than makes up for it!!!

Stopped by the shop after work tonight. Place was pack, service was great. If you live in the area and haven't been there stop by, you'll be happy you did.

Bought a Sig P239 9mm today at First Defense. Great store. I called on Thursday (11 March) and asked them to hold it for me. Picked
it up today (13 March) Very nice and knowledgeable staff. Highly recommend this store.

Last edited:
Just visited First Defense Firearms for the first time...

Let me start by saying hi, as I am new to the forums. I went to First Defense last night in Uxbridge for the first time looking to buy a holster for my new M&P40C. The store and staff were fantastic. The store is small, but it is ok, as it is STUFFED with great gear. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable, and even gave me a discount for being a first time shopper. It is about 20 minutes from my house but well worth the ride, and I wanted to recommend them to anyone down in that area. Thanks First Defense!

SHIIIT.. if I lived 20 minutes away from him, Id have to work the days I wasnt at the FD for him, for consingment on all the money I spend there LOL .... I could wash 30 hours a week away there easily in trades. Dennis and Shelly are probably two of the NICEST business owners I have ever dealt with, not just in the firerams trade. In everything they do, the customer comes first, and even if the stores JAM PACKED ( which is the norm) they seem to get everyone who wants or needs attention just the right amount. I made a couple of purchases while I was home on leave, and Dennis ordered me an AR upper that is waiting for my return from Iraq ( 2 months Dennis). Thank god the armory I drill at is in Whittinsville, when I get home, the one weekend a month trip up there will end up being a wash LOL

Wholeheartedly agree. I live and work out on Nantucket, but when I need to shop for toys that either go bang or facilitate things going bang in a more controlled or amusing fashion, I make the trip out there when I'm in America. I got an unbelievable deal on an M&P-15 there, and when I got the inevitable 'delay' (I swear, every time. There must be somebody at NICS that I stole a lunch from in high school or something), Shelly went WELL out of her way to make sure I could pick it up when the 'proceed' came back, outside of normal hours.

I'll echo what others have said - the level of customer service and care at this shop is incredible for ANY retail industry, and truly unheard of for a gun shop. They're prices are hard to beat, and even though with the time, travel, and gas, I probably spend a few more bucks doing business there, even when I combine it with an already planned trip to America, I'd still rather do business with them. The way they do business has easily earned it.

Afterthought: If only they were open Fridays. When I'm that far down 495 anyways, it's almost always on a Friday.

Another great experience. When I was there the other night, I mentioned to Shelly that I had just ordered a Cross Breed holster, and was going to wait the 3-4 weeks to get it. She checked and found that they had one coming in this week. I was able to cancel my order with Cross Breed, and she put the holster on hold for me without even a deposit. I can't wait to get it, and it's another example of their spectacular customer service.

after having three miserable experiences at three separate gun shops, dealing with first defense was a breath of fresh air. they are friendly, helpful, and know their business. it's a bit of a trip for me to shop there, but absolutely worth it.

Sounds like an A++ place to shop given the outstanding reviews on here...wish it was closer to Boston though! I'll have to check out this place the next time I head towards southwestern Mass.

I just placed an order with First Defense. I haven't picked up my rifle yet but so far they have been friendly, responsive and knowledgable. Looking forward to a good buying experience.

Adam, Dennis and Mike:

Team1stDefense.jpg

Back
Top Bottom