First Defense Firearms, Uxbridge MA

Another rave. Excellent prices, lots of nice guns and accessories and top notch service. Family owned/operated and these people are REALLY nice!

This store is a hidden gem!

I swear I do not live at FDF but I keep going back and spending money on new parts that I need.... Had to put in a small order for parts for my AR build....

Dennis has a new set of stripped lowers, assembled lowers, butt stocks, CCMG .22lr conversion kits, pre-ban English AR mags, etc.

As usual excellent service and help finding what I need....

Shane, Must have just missed ya if you were there tonight. I stopped in to grab some odds and ends. Ended up grabbing one of those pre-ban AR mags too. black steel. good quality.

Can't get over how great this shop is. Top notch customer service and knowledgeable as heck. I don't feel like an idiot if I go in there with a newbie question.

Attension: AR builders Thrusday night (Dennis just got in some LPKs)

Stopped by AGAIN to get more building stuff for 1911 and AR and LPK were delivered.....

Recently I posted a note in the member's forum about my mother passing away. I had been to FD once (bought a beautiful Sig from them). Dennis not only recognized my forum name but associated it with the note about my mother and sent me a very nice note back.

THAT is customer service that cares. I'm completely blown away by this, this is the kind of stuff you read about happening 50 years ago with the neighborhood grocer or something.

You HAVE to go to this store. I'll be back there next week sometime to buy a 5.11 coat I've had my eye on and some magazines.

I think the LPKs are from CMMG....

He has lots of stocks - fixed and collapsible....

He also has a wall/display full of other parts, kits and accessories for the AR and 1911....

He mentioned that he also ordered a large quantity of the pre-ban ENGLAND AR mags (Think they were 30 rounders)

Sold out of the lowers but Shelley said that they have more on order - have no idea what brands - Usually they gets in stripped and complete lowers.

I know that a lot of us visit the store and the service is great but sometimes it is just crazy busy in there... I have talked to Dennis and Shelley and they really feel bad when it longer to complete a transaction, never mind the 1 hour you spent just looking at all of the stuff they have [smile]

I just got back from my first visit to FDF where I just purchased my first gun (M&P9c). The service was excellent...very friendly and helpful.

Was there last night. Bought a pair of M1911 recoil springs. Excellent selection of M1911 parts from Wilson etc. Service perfect as usual. Great people to deal with.

I went there for the first time last night and was impressed with all the stuff they had and very pleased with the service.

Honestly the best gun shop experience I've ever had! Both Dennis and his wife truly understand the idea that being courteous and pleasant will only be beneficial for business. I will drive out of my way to support them from now on. I fully recommend First Defense.

Just got off the phone with Shelly (Dennis' wife) and ordered a LPK (DPMS) from her. Outstanding service, pleasant demeanor, and willing to go above and beyond for the customer. Thanks Shelly!

Paid a visit to First Defense yesterday. They've got pre-ban AR 30 rounders (British steel finished in black/black follower) never been used still in the wrapper/cosmo for $30. Verrrrrry nice. Also restocked their AR parts section (mostly Panter Arms parts with some other including Magpul) and looks like they've restocked their pistol mags too. Saw a very nice MA legal M4 Bushy in the consignment secion. There were a few interested parties so I don't know if it's still there nor do I know what the price was. Target crown, pinned stock verticle foregrip.

Paid a visit to First Defense yesterday. They've got pre-ban AR 30 rounders (British steel finished in black/black follower) never been used still in the wrapper/cosmo for $30. Verrrrrry nice. Also restocked their AR parts section (mostly Panter Arms parts with some other including Magpul) and looks like they've restocked their pistol mags too. Saw a very nice MA legal M4 Bushy in the consignment secion. There were a few interested parties so I don't know if it's still there nor do I know what the price was. Target crown, pinned stock verticle foregrip.

Here is a listing from the First Defense website:

"Bushmaster XM15-E2S A3 Rifle with UniMax
Red Laser Sight, TruGlo Front Sight, Extras, 1-
30 Rd. PreBan Mag....$1,100 Consignment"

Is this the one you saw?

Cheers,

Rich

Here is a listing from the First Defense website:

"Bushmaster XM15-E2S A3 Rifle with UniMax
Red Laser Sight, TruGlo Front Sight, Extras, 1-
30 Rd. PreBan Mag....$1,100 Consignment"

Is this the one you saw?

Cheers,

Rich

Sounds right to me. Nice looking gun.

Recently picked up a SW 442 and some other things at FDF. Service was outstanding as usual. This store continues to be my first and only stop for firearms related services.

Got a 511 tactical case for AR from FDF last night and once again the customer service from Shelley and Dennis was outstanding....

For the folks that have not been there, there is a lot of stuff - from memory, they have (IN STOCK):
- DPMS LPK
- Rock River LPK
- CMMG LPK
- Bunch of other stuff that you can attach to your AR
- wall full of holsters
- bunch of new SIGs in show case
- Ed Brown and Wilson combat parts for 1911
- AR15 (complete - post ban config.)
- etc.

For the reloaders, there also have bullets for .45ACP, .38, 9mm, and .40S&W..... Sorry cannot remember all of the configs only 230gr for the .45ACP...

They will also order if they do not have it in stock.....

Last edited:
Store update and range report on .22lr CMMG AR15 conversion kit....

Visited the shop AGAIN and took note of some of the items:

- bunch of Saiga 12 there
- stripped lowers and complete lowers (minus buttstocks that he also has...)
- LPK from Rock River, DPMS, and CMMG
- CMMG .22lr conversion kits for AR15
- etc.

Also got the first email "special list" from Dennis and I had to tell him he has to list more stuff that he has [smile]

Dennis was also wanted feedback on the .22lr CMMG conversion kit.
- $205 + tax (Please check with Dennis to verify price) for conversion bolt and 1 10-round mag
- I only used high velocity jackets ammo
* CCI mini-mags
* Walmart high velocity (cannot remember if federal)
* Dick's high velocity value pack
- There was no issue in firing, ejecting, and FTF even at rapid fire
- I'm new to the AR group but with my 5.56 16 inch upper, the shots where in the black from 25 years to 100 yards (OK course with adjusting elevation for distance)
- Overall no issues with the kit and very happy with performance and reliability....

Last edited:
Dennis was also wanted feedback on the .22lr CMMG conversion kit.
- $205 + tax (Please check with Dennis to verify price) for conversion bolt and 1 10-round mag
- I only used high velocity jackets ammo
* CCI mini-mags
* Walmart high velocity (cannot remember is federal)
* Dick's high velocity value pack
- There was no issue in firing, ejecting, and FTF even at rapid fire
- I'm new to the AR group but with my 5.56 16 inch upper, the shots where in the black from 25 years to 100 yards (OK course with adjusting elevation for distance)
- Overall no issues with the kit and very happy with performance and reliability....

Good to hear, I bought one of those last week from FDF. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

FDF closed on Wednesday (4/15/2009) and Thursday (4/16/2009)

Stopped in at the store yesterday and Dennis indicted that store will be closed Wednesday and Thursday (only this week)....

the first time I went into first defense I bought some ammo and ordered a flashlight...now everytime I go they recognize me and know who I am. this shop is awesome and they have amazing service. definatly my favorite shop.

I had the opportunity to swing by First Defense last night. What a great,albeit small, place!!!

I picked up an AR spring kit,several AR mags and a few other odds and ends. Wasn't much of a chance to introduce myself but the two people working,(I'm assuming Dennis and Shelly), did a great job to keep things moving. Well worth the drive.

Regards,
Paul

Picked up my Saiga 12 last night. Place was busy but flowed well. Lots of stuff going out the door. Service and prices top notch as always.

I was in there when you two were there as well!! my buddy bought the Mossberg 500....

I was amazed that the line never got shorter!!! Always a steady stream of people

Back
Top Bottom