First Defense Firearms, Uxbridge MA

Shameless plug: I have the two M1A clones on consignment with Dennis. One is a Polytech receiver with all other parts being USGI and the other is an LRB with all GI parts except for the barrel which is a non-chrome lined Criterion. Very nice rifles. Head up to First Defense to take a look at them.

Dennis charges $25 for transfers.

Just sold my Mini-14 through him. Didn't move here so I put it on consignment with him two weeks ago today, and today it sold.

The shop is coming along nicely; he's got a bigger dispaly case for ammo and should have the long gun racks up the end of the week. For anyone interested, he's got a Colt Gold Cup on consignment, a couple of polytech M1As, a pre-ban Norinco AK, and a couple of Paras with high caps that just came in.

Stop by and say "Hi" already !

Customer Service is really what's important

Hi all,

I've been dealing with Dennis at First Defense Firearms for the last few months who has done nothing to help my bad habit of buying everything I can get my hands on before the wife sees my paycheck.

There is always something that tells you when your dealing with a class act and someone who really cares enough to go the extra mile when needed. That is "Customer Service'.

A few weeks ago I special ordered a Speedfeed IVs Pistol Grip stock for my Remingotn 870 Marine Magnum from Dennis and promptly installed it and took it to the range. Low and behold, after putting about 25 rounds downrange, the recoil pad broke off. Let's just say I was pretty pissed off as this came pretty highly rated. I brought it to a local gunsmith to make sure I hadn't screwed it up on install and he confirmed it was probably a manufacturing defect.

Later that week I stopped by Dennis's store and told him what happened. He didn't even waste a second more of my time. He simply said he'd make it right and deal with Speedfeed directly to get everything taken care of.

I ask anyone that reads this to talk to Dennis about Speedfeed. They may make a great product but dealing with them, even as an FFL is about as painful as having teeth pulled. They ain't big on customer service so I guess the Lifetime Warranty is nice Marketing Hype.

Dennis got his distributor involved and together they got me a completely new package. I just gave them my old parts and went my merry way.

That is what will make me a long time customer of his business and I hope anyone reading this drops by to say hello.

Now for a shameless plug for a special 1911 that he's trying to move. I'm not a metal guy fan but I know many of you are. He has a special (only 100 made) Smith and Wesson 1911 version currently on sale at his shop. It has not been fired and is a bit different than ones I have seen in the past. Stop by and check it out and here is a picture in case your interested.

Picked up my MP45 today

Picked up my MP45 from First Defense Firearms today. Dennis drove to his supplier and picked it up for me so I would have it, you don't get better service than that. Dennis and his wife are great people, if your in the area it is worth your time to stop in and say hi. They are running a good solid shop. I will be going back.[cheers]

I grew up in Uxbridge and most of my (large) family still lives there so I visit the town often. I'll have to stop by and meet Dennis soon. Maybe tomorrow when I return from TX.

First impressions

I visited First Defense for the first time today and came away impressed. Although the store is on the small side, they seem to have all of the things that I usually look for. It appears that their main emphasis is tactical gear. Dennis Doti and his good wife were a pleasure to deal with. It is very nice when you find a store with the goods that you need with knowledgeable people that will take the time to talk.

I Have been shopping at First Defense Firearms and ordering mag and other stuff for my guns. Stuff they did not have they got for me fast. They were able to answer all my questions. And they are not even a mile away what more could I ask for. They have a larger stock of firearms now and the prices are really good. Over the years I have gone to a good amount of gun shops around the state. Here i feel the most relaxed and not pressured in my dealings with them.

First Visit

What a great shop and great people running it. As far as I'm concerned, I've found a new home. Wonderful selection of handguns.

I've made a few purchases at FDF so far this year - nice people, great little shop, it simply doesn't get any better!

BTW, just got word today, he now has the MA compliant SIG 556's in stock!

I picked up a new SIG 229 the other day from Dennis. This was the first new gun I bought from First Defense. The pricing was fair and the service impeccable. This shop continues to be my first stop any time I need anything shooting related. They are building a solid base with their focus on customer service and it shows in how much the shop has grown in just 8-9 months.

Thanks Dennis and Shelley!

Definitely worth a visit...

Stopped by there to do a transfer today. Nice small shop that seems to be growing. Tons of holsters. Very nice husband and wife shopkeepers and very female friendly for my wife, too. Ended up picking up a few misc. items as well. Will definitely go back soon.

My fiance just took her firearms safety course from Dennis, and we've stopped by the shop a couple times now. I have nothing but good things to say. He (and his wife) have helped my fiance develop an appreciation and interest in shooting and firearms in general. She loved the class, too.

I went to the shop for the first time yesterday. Dennis and his wife are so willing to help and make happy customers with long buying relationships. I really enjoyed how personable Dennis was and how honest he was about everything - no BS from this guy. I will definitely be shopping here when I finally get the money to buy a new SIG.

A+

-Dave

I have not been there in a few weeks but when there last, his prices on the ammo. were current and he did have some AR mags. Seeing how I don't have an amount that can be considered reasonable by anyone's standards, I did not check on their price. Very nice people to do business with.

I just got back from my first visit to this new shop, the owner is a very nice guy and they have a great selection. Ammo prices are great, I only bought 2 boxes. This will be my new go to shop, for ammo and everything else, and I will go to this shop for my next large purchase.

Another great transaction with First Defense! I picked up a Mossberg 930 SPX this morning from Dennis and Shelley. These folks go out of their way to guarantee a positive experience for their customers. Dennis is a wealth of knowledge for defensive handgun and shotgun techniques as well. They made my wife feel right at home during her visit.I'd recommend them to any of my family, friends, or colleagues.

I echo your sentiments Willy. My first time stopping in and it could not have been nicer. What a beautiful shop, fully stocked, great prices and first class service. They just made my list [smile]

++++ 1 for service and supplies....

Picked out a few things that would have cost more to get shipped and all were in stock

- Wilson combat hex grip screws
- Wilson combat extended slide release
- Hogue grip

All for my S&W 1911 [smile]

Great store and top notch customer service!! I didn't want to leave the place, my wallet forced me to. I'll be going back tomorrrow to pick up my new boom stick (BTW excellent deal IMHO) I may have to wear a blindfold so I not tempted by all the other cool stuff/knives/firearms he has. [smile]

Great place guys thanks!!!

Took a ride down here tonight with Blitz1. Very friendly couple running the place. They're obviously interested in customer service. It's a smaller shop, so they didn't really have much in the way of more obscure firearms, but they seemed pretty well stocked in some of the standard stuff and had a decent selection of common ammo. Since I was only along for the ride, all I bought was a $12 delta ring tool for my AR. But I've no doubt that buying a gun from these folks would be a pleasant experience.

Just wanted to give a bump to First Defense for a couple of recent transfers they did for me. This is the only gunstore I even bother going to anymore. Good folks and the new website looks great.

Well I finally had a chance to visit First Defense Firearms today. I was impress with what they had in stock for the size of the facility. I'm from Florida where there are guns shops everywhere, but this shop put many of them to shame.

Dennis was very helpful and I was able to find exactly what I was looking for (holster).

I'll be shopping there again in the future...and the best part is I could walk to the shop from my house. [wink]

John

Dennis and Shelly are TOP NOTCH!

While the store is about a 45 minute ride for me I find that it is well worth the time and gas expense. It is a welcoming atmosphere and Dennis is always ready to help or just chew the fat if things are quiet. It is obvious that their relationship to their customers is very important to them. I am particularly grateful to Dennis and Shelly because of the way the have treated my kids while I have been there.

I am sure that any of us who have ever brought our kids to a gun shop have had the expereince where they are tolerated but not welcomed. Dennis and Shelly have demonstrated that they see the kids as future customers and the future of our rights.

Since my daughter (12 Years Old) first visited with me it is not uncommon after a couple hours of shooting for her to state that she wants to preserve her target to be able to show Shelly.

Their prices are fair, their service unmatched and their attitude is unrivaled.

I will continue to drive the extra miles to do business at First Defense Firearms.

Dennis and Shelley are the cream of the crop. Two of the nicest people you could meet. I too drive an hour out of my way to purchase from them and will continue to do so for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom