• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First Defense Firearms, Uxbridge MA

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I was leafing through the local paper and towards the back I see this ad for First Defense Firearms Inc. I've never heard of them before and as I read the ad, I realize they are a mile down the road from me at 6 N Main Street in Uxbridge. The address indicates they are in the new building across from the Mobil. Anyone ever hear of these guys before? Their web page is very basic and only indicates that they are now open for business. They are only open from 4:30pm to 8:30pm Mon-Thurs and on Saturdays.

If no one has heard of them before, I'll check them out tomorrow night and post a report. I'll be really happy if they turn out to be a good place.

Thanks, I comletely missed it when I flipped through it the other day. I was almost positive it would NOT be in the T&G. My wife takes guitar lessons at the Gig Stop; she seems to think this place might be in the Savers Bank building.

Rock, did it mention who owned it or was running it? If you find out let me know, if they are local I can probably shed some light.

This is the first I have heard of the shop as well. Hopefully it is a good one...

That's news to me too and I've owned a business here in Uxbridge for almost 20 years.
They are right down the street from me, I think I'll drop in after lunch

Hmm... maybe I'll head over there on Saturday morning before the Installation at my Lodge (right up the road in Grafton).

Absolutely, Hiram. If you're in Grafton Saturday, we open at 12:30 and the installation commences at 2:00 PM. This is an open Installation, so anyone who has any curiosity about what we FreeMasons do, please feel free to come down and attend!

I'll be the guy in the tuxedo. [wink] OK, and wearing the Secretary's jewel (crossed quill pens). At least to start the afternoon.

I visited the shop tonight and it is in the Savers Bank building on the second floor. The owner, Dennis, opened the shop about 5 weeks ago. It's a small place and right now his stock is pretty limited. He had three Sigs, a S&W 642 and a few shotguns. He also has a small selection of ammo and accessories. He doesn't have any reloading stuff as of yet, but he indicated that he may start stocking it if there was some demand. His prices seemed close to what I've seen at other shops.

He was a pretty nice guy and we talked for a while. He's doing this part time, hence his night and Saturday hours. He also indicated that he'll order anything he can and I gave him a few items I'm interested in buying. Overall, I think he will do good once he gets a little more established.

I visited the shop tonight and it is in the Savers Bank building on the second floor. The owner, Dennis, opened the shop about 5 weeks ago. It's a small place and right now his stock is pretty limited. He had three Sigs, a S&W 642 and a few shotguns. He also has a small selection of ammo and accessories. He doesn't have any reloading stuff as of yet, but he indicated that he may start stocking it if there was some demand. His prices seemed close to what I've seen at other shops.

He was a pretty nice guy and we talked for a while. He's doing this part time, hence his night and Saturday hours. He also indicated that he'll order anything he can and I gave him a few items I'm interested in buying. Overall, I think he will do good once he gets a little more established.

That's great, if there is one thing this state needs it's more gun shops. Also semi-reassuring to see that people are still willing to go through all the BS and all the red tape to keep the sport alive.

Did you happen to catch any of the prices or types of ammo in stock? looking to pick up some 7.62x54R for next weekends shoot. I'll probably stop by tomorrow morning while my wife is at her guitar lesson.

Did you happen to catch any of the prices or types of ammo in stock? looking to pick up some 7.62x54R for next weekends shoot. I'll probably stop by tomorrow morning while my wife is at her guitar lesson.

I didn't catch the prices on is ammo, but he didn't have any surplus ammo. Not yet anyway.

Absolutely, Hiram. If you're in Grafton Saturday, we open at 12:30 and the installation commences at 2:00 PM. This is an open Installation, so anyone who has any curiosity about what we FreeMasons do, please feel free to come down and attend!

I'll be the guy in the tuxedo. [wink] OK, and wearing the Secretary's jewel (crossed quill pens). At least to start the afternoon.

Ummm!!!

Stay on topic!!

[rules]

I always wanted to do that.[wink]

blbl.gif

Also visited the shop night before last. Dennis is a nice guy. I talked with he and his wife for about an hour. He's currently getting established at the shop. The place has a lot of potential as currently there aren't a lot of great gunshops in the area with that Four Seasons like focus on customer service. He indicated he would transfers which is certainly a convenience to me as he is real local and open late. Will certainly be stopping in from time to time to watch the progress and provide him some business.

Hi all,

Stopped in tonight after reading how close this shop is to my home and was pleasantly surprised and glad to have a gun shop thats easy to get to in Southern Worcester County. The owner, Dennis and his wife, were both there tonight and were extremely friendly and open to my questions.

The store is small, but is well stocked and clean and he is busy buildig inventory to meet our needs. On top of that, Dennis will order anything you want pretty quickly. His ammo prices are very fair and he's got a great deal on 100 round packs of Winchester Win-clean ammo .40 cal. I picked up a bag of that plus a small pistol safe I can mount in my truck.

He'll do consignment sales as well for a fair price and I'll be visiting again this weekend to drop off my P99 and also and an HK shotgun .

To all members, drop in and say hello if you can and support a new gun business that's local for many of us.

Note: He's on the second floor of the big Savers Bank building (white) in downtown Uxbridge.

I stopped by today after a range session. Shot the bull with the guy for a good half hour, meet and talked with his wife for a few as well. Very nice people. It is a small shop, but he said he could get his hands on most anything in 24hours, 3-5 days at worst. We lamented about the screwy gun laws, the prices of ammo, etc. He's seriously considering getting the Dealer membership on the forum.

I mentioned the member events we do, as well as the group buys that happen on occasion. He seemed interested in the idea, so hopefully we'll be able to utilize his services for one one of these days.

He's got a couple of Glocks, a Sig 229 in .40, and a 239. A couple of M&Ps, a Colt Gold Cup that's a consignment piece, surefires, a bunch of Blackhawk! gear, and some Sprinfield Armory XD literature I almost cried over.

I'll most definatley be stopping by there more often, as it's just the next town over from me.

I have visited twice already on the way home, nice guy, other tennants in the building were friendly and stopped to talk to dennis as they walk by his shop, hope to be able to purchase something there soon.....

I just found out about this shop and the fact that it is 8 miles away sealed the deal. Dennis and his wife seemed like really nice folk. Dennis also mentioned that if I needed anything he would be happy to order it. Besids being a gun store they also had quite a bit of law enforcement equipment.

The store is really coming along and there are plans to install more shelfing and a long gun display case.

Good customer service goes a long way and I will make sure to frequent the store.

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that for a new shop, Dennis and his wife are doing all the right things. Not only are they expanding their product lines slowly but surely but most importantly they actually want to listen to what you the customer want.

They really work with you if you've got special requests and will put the effort into making sure you stay a customer. I try to stop by every couple of weeks to see what's new or place an order for something I need.

The only problem I've got with this shop is its on the way home from work and I have toy impulse control.

Or maybe that's a good thing :)

Another plug for First Defense

Dennis handled a transfer for me about a month ago, and today I picked up a S&W M&P 9c. I'll most likey be handling another transfer through him in the next week or so (fingers crossed). Can't say enough nice things about Dennis and his wife. I couldn't be happier having him as an FFL ten minutes from me. I'd be hard pressed to do business with anybody else (excluding, of course, what my 03FFL entitles me to get my hands on [wink]).

He just added some space in the shop, and he's having a long gun rack built.

Anybody in the area, if you haven't stopped in yet just to say hello make the time and do so; you won't be disappointed.

Dennis handled a transfer for me about a month ago, and today I picked up a S&W M&P 9c. I'll most likey be handling another transfer through him in the next week or so (fingers crossed). Can't say enough nice things about Dennis and his wife. I couldn't be happier having him as an FFL ten minutes from me. I'd be hard pressed to do business with anybody else (excluding, of course, what my 03FFL entitles me to get my hands on [wink]).

He just added some space in the shop, and he's having a long gun rack built.

Anybody in the area, if you haven't stopped in yet just to say hello make the time and do so; you won't be disappointed.

Bill,

How much did he charge to do a transfer?

Dennis charges $25 for transfers.

Just sold my Mini-14 through him. Didn't move here so I put it on consignment with him two weeks ago today, and today it sold.

The shop is coming along nicely; he's got a bigger dispaly case for ammo and should have the long gun racks up the end of the week. For anyone interested, he's got a Colt Gold Cup on consignment, a couple of polytech M1As, a pre-ban Norinco AK, and a couple of Paras with high caps that just came in.

Stop by and say "Hi" already !

First Defense Firearms Inc. Uxbridge, MA

just made my first purchase with First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge Ma.
Dennis Doti runs a nice quality business, he's professional, and very courteous. I will give him all my business. How could I not? he goes way out of his way to please you. He runs a top notch business. His prices are fantastic and easily competitive with the states big gun shops. He really wants to do anything he can to make you happy and keep you as a customer. He has a nice selection of guns, ammo, accessories. I special ordered a gun and he had it the next day, service with a smile! It was an all around A+ pleasant experience! Thank you Dennis.
Keith

Back
Top Bottom