• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First Defense Firearms, Uxbridge MA

May I ask what Dennis is quoting for a price on the SR1911? I've got a pile of Christmas money set aside for one and, as you note, nobody has them! Love the guys at Four Seasons, but Uxbridge is much closer.

Yes, their price is $599. That is not a permanent price though. I know they we're only doing that for a while. I am still waiting for mine. Been about 4 weeks right now. I believe no one in the state has them. Ruger can't keep up with the demand I heard. So, as of 4 weeks ago they we're taking orders at that price. Call them and see if they are still doing it.

Ive bought three guns from them since last arpil. nothing but good things to say about them. ive brought my friends down and they have bought from them too. its the only place locally that i will go. its nice being treated like a human being at a gun shop. more than i can say for a few places around here.

Place was extremely busy right after open yesterday morning. It looked like FS in there. I used my store credit there yesterday and bought some 1911 mags, and a couple single stack mag pouches. They had some Ruger factory 1911 8 rounders, and I bought 1 Colt 7 rounder. Very busy, but overall another good experience. Maybe in the future they could spend a couple bucks though and get a cash register. It takes forever filling out those paper copies, especially when you have 8 items like I did. Oh well. guys we're great again. They had some nice used stuff in the case as well.

Purchased a 1911 from them on Monday, and I have to say it was a very pleasant experience! The staff was very helpful, and thoroughly explained everything I needed to know. They were fairly busy, but were able to take care of everybody's needs. The whole process took about 30 minutes, and I was out the door! They had the pistol at a fair price as well. I saw it at another store for about $100 more.

FYI...
Dennis and Shelly have the store open this weekend "Tax Free Weekend" - Saturday and Sunday from 10AM to 3PM both days....

This place has me coming back there more and more than any other store. Why? They have what I want, IN STOCK. These guys are great, customer service is awesome, and they have what I am looking for in a gun shop. Absolutely no complaints about them.

I asked Shelly, "Were you guys pretty busy this last weekend?" She says, "I wouldn't call it busy, 'insanity' is more the word for it" [laugh]

Heads up.

They had a fully stocked ammo area and even two pre-ban Colt ARs, plus two complete AR lowers in the shop as of Thursday night.

I really wanted a Sig p239 but couldn't find it locally. I went to the Sig webpage and pulled the list of MA dealers. I began calling every shop in the list sorted by distance and everyone laughed at me. I called First Defense, not even realizing they weren't open, yet they picked up the phone and told me they had 1 left. I asked them to hold it for me and I would be there when they opened. When I got there they pulled it from the back and immediately started on the paperwork. Afterwards, they showed me how to take it down and where to focus on lubrication points. Even though the shop was busy they still took the time after the sale to make me happy. So I bought 2 extra mags and a holster.

Small shop, can get crowded, but otherwise a great experience. I'll be back.

First Defense Firearms

First Defense now has a web store. Note that while they do have hi caps on the web store they wont shop them to MA.
Denis advises its a work in progress but it is live.

Must be like small appliance stores do with forming buying groups to compete with bigger stores because I came across a GS in another state with the exact same web layout and colors. First Defense prices were better.

Another +1 for this store.

All of the staff is great and very helpful. It is a very small store, but they make do. I've purchased 3 guns from them now. Will continue to keep going back. This store treats you like a real customer, rather than a pile of cash ( as some other stores tend to do )

I would also give First Defense the thumbs up. The staff and the owner are absolutely great, very customer oriented. It is a small space, but they have good inventory. Nice selection of Sig and AR-15s.

I too have to give them a big ole "THUMBS UP"! I've purchased two firearms from them and it's always been a pleasure. Enough of a pleasure I spend a total of 4+ hours driving just to purchase from them. In my experience their prices are always fair, and you're treated as a valued customer.

I too have to give them a big ole "THUMBS UP"! I've purchased two firearms from them and it's always been a pleasure. Enough of a pleasure I spend a total of 4+ hours driving just to purchase from them. In my experience their prices are always fair, and you're treated as a valued customer.

Wow! I'm maybe a half hour tops, and thought that was too far. Maybe I'll take the drive some day. Do they service stuff also?

I've bought 3 guns from Dennis this year. They're about a half hour from me. There's a decent store 2 miles from me, but I like dealing with the guys at First Defense. I've bought a couple Crossbreeds there too and they're usually in stock in case anyone doesn't feel like waiting.

Outstanding customer service. Dennis & Shelly and the rest of the staff make shopping there a pleasure!

I was at First Defense again last week and my comments from before still pertain. It's a pleasure to do business with them!

Outstanding customer service. Dennis & Shelly and the rest of the staff make shopping there a pleasure!

After reading nothing but positive reviews in this thread I decided to take a ride out there last weekend. Just over an hour one way for me. Very easy to find.
I emailed a couple questions the week prior and Dennis (or whoever checks emails) was not only quick to respond but also as polite as you can be in an email.
The store was small but from what I could tell they had what you need. If not they would get it. As I was there I watched the interaction with the 4-5 other people that happened to come in. Staff was again polite and knowledge seemed to be top notch.
Dennis was busy when I went in but had another guy help me who was excellent. The other guy working also chimed in a few times with some other options/opinions etc.
I went in with intentions of coming out with a S&W Bodyguard but when all was said and done I walked out with a Sig P238 instead. Now I had done my research prior to going so I knew the differences in the firearms themselves as well as the cost. These guys were great! Never tried to up-sell anything. One of them recommended I go with the P938 since it is BARELY any bigger, however I am waiting on a S&W Shield and was looking to go even smaller.
Anyway, my decisions are irrelevant. The shop, the staff, the experience were all perfect. I would certainly recommend them if they are not too far for you. By the way I have a few shops near me with in about 15 minutes or so but when I walked in it was if they didn't even see me. No thanks.

2 thumbs up for First Defense Firearms.

and a side note:
My plastic case was cracked by the hinge when I bought it. The guy there noticed even before I did, took down the info and ordered another one on the spot. Was there Saturday, got the call today (Wednesday) that it came in and can be picked up whenever.
Excellent!

Visited FDF last night with my 84 year old business partner who was looking to trade in his semiauto carry gun for a revolver. Long story short we were treated like old friends by the staff, and the owner Dennis who made sure he not only met us, but that we were more than satisfied even though he was not waiting on us personally. We got a very fair deal on the trade and great price on a used LCR. This is a first class shop where you are made to feel like a regular even though you've never been there before. I have been in a lot of gun shops over the years and this is by far the one that I felt most comfortable in. Kudos to Dennis and his great staff for running a first class professional and friendly shop. This is what a gun buying experience should be....

Back
Top Bottom