• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dash Cam: Canton, OH PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

this DB and the LEOs from NOLA that confiscated weapons all deserve to at a minimum to spend time for the crap they did under the protection of the thin blue line

What about frigin prison for assault and attempted murder? Why do these Aholes get a break than none of us would get?

Not only that but the driver of the car is still up on charges.

Both Ohioans for Concealed Carry and Buckeye Firearms Association are bringing serious heat on the city of Canton and its douchenozzle City Attorney.

And OFCC has provided Rep. Danny Bupp (one of our biggest allies in Columbus) a draft bill to eliminate the notification requirement. Bupp says he's all for it and he's going to file in the fall session.

That won't stop guys like Harless from being major league pricks but it does take another "tool" away from them.

Damn, he so would of shot a dog had a stray one been walking down the street to get some frustrations out, and if it had been a cat it would of gotten some of those "lumps" he was promising everyone.

Not only that but the driver of the car is still up on charges.

This is an absolute outrage in regards to the "failure to notify" charge.

A jury trial with competent cross examination of the witnesses against the driver would be interesting, especially cross examination of the the officer who witnessed the entire episode; said nothing; and did not report it.

DAs can get so used to going for "wins" that the pursuit of truth and justice is lost.

Update: http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x549434878/Harless-hearing-postponed-police-union-cites-stress

ANTON —

A disciplinary hearing for a police officer who threatened to execute a driver has been postponed until Dec. 1 at the request of the union, which says the patrolman has been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.

yeah.[rolleyes]

You would think the Union, PD, and his colleagues would cast him out knowing no good can come of keeping him on the PD. This is no way to win the confidence of the public. He will not be "rehabilitated". He will not stop abusing his power. He will never be sorry. And as of right now, he is protected criminal. However, he will continue to be a ticking time bomb if he is allowed to continue to be on the force and is protected for his so-called stress disorder. He will only be emboldened if he is put back in a cruiser. Fired and jailed is all that needs to be done to this thug.

That won't stop guys like Harless from being major league pricks but it does take another "tool" away from them.

Ya, time was that I was all for "just another tool in our inventory that we can use to take down bad guys." -As my cop friends used to say.

And for them, such tools were genuinely useful and helped keep the community safer. The problem is that not all cops are like my buddies. It doesn't take many "bad apples" to turn "another tool in our inventory" into a license for abuse any time they think someone isn't looking.

I HATE that I am feeling this way about cops. My friends have all retired or moved, with one exception who is a CoP around here. And now I feel completely torn between:
"Hey it's a cop, how's it going officer? Is that a SigP220? Cool, I have one too."

and...

"Watch him closely, he makes me nervous because he may be one of "them," Jesus I hope I dont' get jacked up for not bowing deeply enough."

You would think the Union, PD, and his colleagues would cast him out knowing no good can come of keeping him on the PD. This is no way to win the confidence of the public. He will not be "rehabilitated". He will not stop abusing his power. He will never be sorry. And as of right now, he is protected criminal. However, he will continue to be a ticking time bomb if he is allowed to continue to be on the force and is protected for his so-called stress disorder. He will only be emboldened if he is put back in a cruiser. Fired and jailed is all that needs to be done to this thug.

Well like I mentioned before. The problem will likely become self correcting. He will run into one of the people he threatened before, of which there are likely many that we don't even know about, and they will be carrying at the time. One of them will fear he will follow up on past threats, and they will put a couple out the back of his scull before he even has a chance to threaten them. When they go to court, they will say "he threatened to kill me before" and "I was in fear for my life, because I thought he was coming back to finish the job". All these videos will be entered into evidence, and the fact that someone with a history of "PTSD" was put back in a cruiser and out on the street with a weapon, and had a documented history of threatening to murder people and get away with it ,will help the defense to no end. Either way, if hes put back on patrol, someone is going to wind up dead. He has the vest, so unfortunately, it could end up being the wrong person.

Meanwhile, Harless remains on paid medical leave even after running out of sick days. Other officers donated part of their sick time, which is permitted under the union contract, said Safety Director Thomas Ream.

Nice to see the rest of the scumbags in the department are supporting their 'brother'.

Late last summer, the Canton Police Patrolmen’s Association asked for an indefinite extension of the disciplinary hearing.
[shocked]

because the 99% bad ones ruin it for the 1% good ones.
It's the pricks that are kept on and not berated or disciplined by their peers. By not squashing them, the good cops validate the bad behavior.

Last edited:
It's the pricks that are kept on and not berated or disciplined by their peers. By not squashing them, the good cops validate the bad behavior.
I've never understood that mentality.

I'm not part of the thin blue line, but I am covered by LEOSA. "Big gray wall", if you will. I've seen colleagues fudge a little on precise details about events, but when it comes to actual abuse our overriding mentality is that a**h***s who pull that crap endanger us all, and we're all better off if they're fired. We don't bury our dirty laundry, we air it in public, because we want the a**h***s gone.

There are a few police departments around the country that operate the same way, and the funny thing is, they don't "need" to lie for one another nearly as often. When you don't circle the wagons, you get attacked less often.

Back
Top Bottom