• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dash Cam: Canton, OH PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

The very notion that prostitution would be illegal is frankly disgusting.

-Must be due to our founding as a Christian nation or some such...[rolleyes]

Actually prostitution was legal in many jurisdictions or tolerated right up into the early 20th Century. Our ancestors weren't necessarily the prudes that we like to make them out to be, and of course is still legal in Nevada (except in counties that opt out) and until quite recently, due to a legal loophole, Rhode Island.

It was the Progressives and Reformers who brought about the end of legalized prostitution in this country (the same type of people who brought about Prohibition).

I agree the very notion that prostitution would be illegal is disgusting IMO. After all it is sells the world's oldest commodity, and is the world's oldest profession [wink]

The fact that we have made it illegal has created the deplorable conditions under which it is practiced and is certainly tied to the equally failed WOD, IMO.

Or it could be the progressive "we can regulate anything we call a 'public health concern'?" [wink]

Actually prostitution was legal in many jurisdictions or tolerated right up into the early 20th Century. Our ancestors weren't necessarily the prudes that we like to make them out to be, and of course is still legal in Nevada (except in counties that opt out) and until quite recently, due to a legal loophole, Rhode Island.

It was the Progressives and Reformers who brought about the end of legalized prostitution in this country (the same type of people who brought about Prohibition).

I agree the very notion that prostitution would be illegal is disgusting IMO. After all it is sells the world's oldest commodity, and is the world's oldest profession [wink]

The fact that we have made it illegal has created the deplorable conditions under which it is practiced and is certainly tied to the equally failed WOD, IMO.

^^^^^^^^^THESE^^^^^^^^^^

Or it could be the progressive "we can regulate anything we call a 'public health concern'?" [wink]

Hey, maybe we could just license sex!

As SID would be a shall issue license for anyone 16 or older and allows anything up to heavy petting. The fee would be a bargain at $50/5 years. A class would be required teaching safety, technique and how not to leave your partner hanging.

Upon reaching 18, a person would be eligible for an LTF-B which would permit them to graduate to oral sex. Of course, the fee is commensurate with the increased activity, so it would be $100/5 years.

With further training, at 21, a person can apply for an LTF-A, which of course allows you to go for the whole enchilada and procreate, for just $150/5 years.

Now, frankly, who wouldn't go for the LTF-A? According to the '10 Census we have 6,547,629 residents in the state, 64.5% of which are between 18 and 65, so are sure to want the A license. That's over $600m. Tell me an extra almost a billion bucks wouldn't help this state!

Tie in the license with a tracking system, kind of like the Safe Driver rating. You get downchecks for any reported std, working as a prostitute, etc and upchecks for using raincoats, and so on. There could be a state run web site you plug in the PIN for your LTF and the LTF of the person you want relations with, and the rating will let you decide whether to consummate or not.

Let's start a letter writing campaign and get some activity going on the hill!

And if you didn't get your LTF-A and did it anyway, you could wear the LTC disqualifier of "felony intercourse" as a badge of pride!

Anyone who has been to Europe can see that prostitution is a thriving part of the financial landscape, and carrys with it the same issues as any other business. STD prevention and oversight is just the cost of doing business.

As SID would be a shall issue license for anyone 16 or older and allows anything up to heavy petting. The fee would be a bargain at $50/5 years. A class would be required teaching safety, technique and how not to leave your partner hanging.

Upon reaching 18, a person would be eligible for an LTF-B which would permit them to graduate to oral sex. Of course, the fee is commensurate with the increased activity, so it would be $100/5 years.

With further training, at 21, a person can apply for an LTF-A, which of course allows you to go for the whole enchilada and procreate, for just $150/5 years.

Now, frankly, who wouldn't go for the LTF-A? According to the '10 Census we have 6,547,629 residents in the state, 64.5% of which are between 18 and 65, so are sure to want the A license. That's over $600m. Tell me an extra almost a billion bucks wouldn't help this state!

Tie in the license with a tracking system, kind of like the Safe Driver rating. You get downchecks for any reported std, working as a prostitute, etc and upchecks for using raincoats, and so on. There could be a state run web site you plug in the PIN for your LTF and the LTF of the person you want relations with, and the rating will let you decide whether to consummate or not.

And if you didn't get your LTF-A and did it anyway, you could wear the LTC disqualifier of "felony intercourse" as a badge of pride!

Yeah, don't give 'em any ideas... Seriously I can't even laugh knowing that this IS in the realm of their thought processes...

Yeah, don't give 'em any ideas... Seriously I can't even laugh knowing that this IS in the realm of their thought processes...

While it was tongue in cheek, I could easily believe some lawmaker in the next 20 years filing a bill requiring a course in child rearing before issuing a permit to conceive. After all, it is in the public interest to ensure potential parents have basic knowledge needed to be good parents and keep the kids from becoming burdens on society... If this ever happens, it is only a matter of time before something like my parody becomes law.

Unfortunately, my pessimism is often accurate. [sad]

While it was tongue in cheek, I could easily believe some lawmaker in the next 20 years filing a bill requiring a course in child rearing before issuing a permit to conceive. After all, it is in the public interest to ensure potential parents have basic knowledge needed to be good parents and keep the kids from becoming burdens on society... If this ever happens, it is only a matter of time before something like my parody becomes law.

Unfortunately, my pessimism is often accurate. [sad]

Unfortunately it is...don't think for a minute that there aren't some up and coming social engineers who think that this is a tremendous idea. Not plausible today, but in 2060 could be a different story altogether.

Remember what Hilary said about child rearing and "how it takes a village."

I thought politics was the world's oldest profession??

Oh, never mind . . . it really is the same thing anyway! [devil] [laugh]

But all that money and more would be spent on a "F'g Czar" (wonder if it would be a cabinet position? [thinking]) and empire, 100s of connected folks getting $150K+/year jobs managing it (maybe they'd actually show up for work? [rolleyes]) and a new set of buildings (the construction industry can use a boost) to house all those management types.

I thought politics was the world's oldest profession??...Oh, never mind . . . it really is the same thing anyway! [devil] [laugh]...But all that money and more would be spent on a "F'g Czar" (wonder if it would be a cabinet position? [thinking]) and empire, 100s of connected folks getting $150K+/year jobs managing it (maybe they'd actually show up for work? [rolleyes]) and a new set of buildings (the construction industry can use a boost) to house all those management types.

I'd like to be the auditor. [smile]

From the article:

“Here’s a guy who was in a life-and-death situation,” Adams said, adding that since the June 8 incident came to light, Harless has been diagnosed several times with PTSD.

“Most people that have a bad day on their job can go home, put their legs up and relax,” Adams said. “We can go home from our jobs in a body bag or with a serious physical injury from the hospital.”

No one is forcing anyone to be a cop.

“Obviously, it’s an unfortunate set of circumstances that transpired,” Adams said. “We feel that due to the fact that (Harless) has PTSD, that nobody realized it for eight-plus years, for it to come to light the way it did ... this is not a way we wanted this to play out. PTSD is obviously a disease.”

Adams said that the incident that sparked the disease occurred in 2003 when a suspect nearly bit off Harless’ finger while trying to get the officer’s gun.

“Here’s a guy who was in a life-and-death situation,” Adams said, adding that since the June 8 incident came to light, Harless has been diagnosed several times with PTSD.

mmmmhmmm... YOU HAVE A WEAPON? A LEGAL PERMIT? AAAAAHHHH SOMETHING HAPPENED TO ME EIGHT YEARS AGO I HATE YOU KILL YOU!

was that wrong, should i not have done that?

FIRED.

And the blame shifting continues:
“Obviously, it’s an unfortunate set of circumstances that transpired,” Adams said. “We feel that due to the fact that (Harless) has PTSD, that nobody realized it for eight-plus years, for it to come to light the way it did ... this is not a way we wanted this to play out. PTSD is obviously a disease.”

I wish every officer on the force who donated sick-time to this jackass would be fired as well.

What? He couldn't ram a disability pension through in the ensuing 6 months after the latest incident.

He may be gone for now, let's see if he will stay gone.

Bad cops are like deported illegal immigrants... sometimes when you finally get rid of one they find their way back.

That's a bunch of crap. 'airplane pilot' isn't a dangerous job by any stretch of the imagination.

There are a number of commercial pilots on this board, that would probably argue the point. There is a huge difference between someone flying the newest plane with every bell and whistle, and the regional pilot flying by the seat of his pants in marginal conditions without the benefit if the best technology.

When things start icing up, things go bad real quick.

What about all the PTSD he inflicted on the citizens of Canton ? I'll bet he's so beloved they will be looking to catch up on old times with him.

There are a number of commercial pilots on this board, that would probably argue the point. There is a huge difference between someone flying the newest plane with every bell and whistle, and the regional pilot flying by the seat of his pants in marginal conditions without the benefit if the best technology.

When things start icing up, things go bad real quick.

I would be one of them.

That's a bunch of crap. 'airplane pilot' isn't a dangerous job by any stretch of the imagination.

Actually, it probably is of you count the small planes operated by pilots with commercial, rather than ATP ratings, small choppers, etc. It's much safer once a pilot gets to the majors and is driving a multi engine passenger jet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom