• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dash Cam: Canton, OH PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

He's done this before folks, another video to watch

'OUTRAGE' UPDATE: 2nd profanity-laced video involving Canton, OH cop surfaces

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...-laced-video-involving-canton-oh-cop-surfaces

Things may have just gone from bad to worse for the Canton, OH police department and a foul-mouthed police officer who has already been placed on administrative leave, as a second video, this one from 2010, has surfaced courtesy of the Canton Repository.

It is almost certain to re-ignite passions on several Northwest gun rights forums including Northwest Firearms (where the discussion thread was locked) WaGuns.org, Hunting-Washington and GunRightsMedia.com. The discussion has also been locked at TheHighRoad.org, which ignited this discussion, and this one.

Video Here:

[video]http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x2014919089/Video-Officer-Harless-loses-his-temper-on-another-arrest[/video]

He needs to be permanently removed from the Police force. IMO, his fear of weapons and people is abnormal for a police officer. He reminds me of a poor broken down dog that attacks someone who goes to pet him because he's been beaten so many times as a puppy. I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy (just a tiny bit)...I couldn't imagine being a cop and being so fearful of the people that I'm expected to encounter on a daily basis.

Whatever his reasons for going off like this, don't really matter. You just can't go around threatening to kill people like this. You just can't. He can get treatment for his psych issues in prison. Perhaps he'll be a better civilian when he gets out.

I just watched the video all the way through and the one quote that shows this guys inability to do his job is "Look at this gun! What are you going to tell my wife after you shoot me with it?" He's got more than one screw loose. One thing I've thought of while watching the two videos is that this poor excuse for a police officer gets a preconceived idea in his head of what the people are up to when he pulls them over and there's no changing that. He sees a gun and he automatically thinks the owner of that gun wants to and intends to kill him.

Unfortuantely he could use this in his favor, citing that he has developed hoplophobia (a Jeff Cooperism denoting an unnatural fear of firearms) based on the stress of being a police officer. I'd bet even money that eventually he goes out on a disability retirement for stress related issues.

To be fair I only got through the first page but most of the comments on it from cops are ripping Harless a new a**h***.

Nonetheless, you are right. The divide does keep getting larger.

Go back, there are a ton of guys defending his actions.

The fear of Firearms is the new order of conditioning in a lot of academies.

I took a class recently and the command to "FIRE" has now been replaced by "GUN". I don't like that at all and I think it is a shitty way to train a Peace Officer. Lots of this stuff going on and is being adopted as best practices because some of some fool that doesn't like guns.

One of the trainers came from a police background and informed the class that it was mandatory to inform about the presence of a gun at a traffic stop, until the other instructor, gently called him on the carpet and corrected that fib.

B

Like You said.

"The divide grows larger..."

I agree.

Sure, I can see this now. Guy gets pulled over and a Harless type starts to flip out and starts making "I'm gonna put 40 rounds in you" remarks, civilian feels threatened and life in danger and pulls gun on cop to defend himself. Civilian made into swiss cheese by responding 50 cops and A-team. The problem is when the thin blue line has divided the trust so far, they can call for backup on a bullshit call. Civilian stands there with no cavalry to come over the hill and we all die, one at a time while they go back home to shoot the neighbors dog. If us civilians try to take up arms against an out of control threat, we are branch davidians and will be bombed into submission. It is almost a given now that if your stopped in many places, that you are going to be given the 3rd degree, especially men. How do we protect ourselves against increasingly violent police behavior, that has become acceptable.

Sure, I can see this now. Guy gets pulled over and a Harless type starts to flip out and starts making "I'm gonna put 40 rounds in you" remarks, civilian feels threatened and life in danger and pulls gun on cop to defend himself. Civilian made into swiss cheese by responding 50 cops and A-team. The problem is when the thin blue line has divided the trust so far, they can call for backup on a bullshit call. Civilian stands there with no cavalry to come over the hill and we all die, one at a time while they go back home to shoot the neighbors dog. If us civilians try to take up arms against an out of control threat, we are branch davidians and will be bombed into submission. It is almost a given now that if your stopped in many places, that you are going to be given the 3rd degree, especially men. How do we protect ourselves against increasingly violent police behavior, that has become acceptable.

The "crazies" are beginning to seem less crazy...

Civilian stands there with no cavalry to come over the hill and we all die, one at a time while they go back home to shoot the neighbors dog. If us civilians try to take up arms against an out of control threat, we are branch davidians and will be bombed into submission.
It doesn't have to be that way.

Think of how a flash mob forms. Now think of that same technology applied to other kinds of flash mobs.......

Also, these people cannot be on duty 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Think about that.

The most upsetting thing is that nothing is going to happen to this cop. If he was immediately fired and arrested it would be easy to write off as "one bad apple." Sadly it seems like there is a culture in many police forces that "civilians" can be treated like enemy soldiers.

The most upsetting thing is that nothing is going to happen to this cop. If he was immediately fired and arrested it would be easy to write off as "one bad apple." Sadly it seems like there is a culture in many police forces that "civilians" can be treated like enemy soldiers.
Agreed, That is what I'm seeing, anyone with a belief in the Constitution, never mind carrying a firearm, is considered an " enemy soldier ", having the concealed weapon just brings harsher punishment and a stay in the gulag.

It doesn't have to be that way.

Think of how a flash mob forms. Now think of that same technology applied to other kinds of flash mobs.......

Also, these people cannot be on duty 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Think about that.
Granted, a flash mob mentality is good but they get you isolated and corralled in. then they take care of whatever they will do to you, then arrest you. It's just a matter of time before someone else is killed at the hands of our protectors because of this anti BS. If the cops would just stop for a moment and think about it, 99% of gun owners are law abiding good guys that would be more than happy to assist a police officer if they needed assistance, we want to be on their side, but THEY make it difficult, not us civilians. If the country went to shit and the cops were trying to put down the bad guys and were failing, wouldn't they want help. Us so called keepers of the Constitution, those that have served and raised the right hand, would want to help, but I don't want to help some arshole that doesn't believe in the Constitution so he can then betray it later on.

Agreed, That is what I'm seeing, anyone with a belief in the Constitution, never mind carrying a firearm, is considered an " enemy soldier ", having the concealed weapon just brings harsher punishment and a stay in the gulag.

My God. This is a real wakeup, the way you phrased it.

...take care of whatever they will do to you, then arrest you. It's just a matter of time before someone else is killed at the hands of our protectors because of this anti BS. If the cops would just stop for a moment and think about it, 99% of gun owners are law abiding good guys that would be more than happy to assist a police officer if they needed assistance, we want to be on their side, but THEY make it difficult, not us civilians. If the country went to shit and the cops were trying to put down the bad guys and were failing, wouldn't they want help. ....

This comes from the top down. Most officers on the street would be on the right side if they were allowed to be.

...Us so called keepers of the Constitution, those that have served and raised the right hand, would want to help, but I don't want to help some arshole that doesn't believe in the Constitution so he can then betray it later on.

Didn't I just read here on NES about some group wanting people who took a Constitutional oath to keep that oath being called extreme or something like that?

They are no longer be taught that, I have been hearing lately the some academies are teaching, Guns, bad, People with guns are bad.

This needs to change. It needs to come internally from the teaching institutions.

I really don't think there is an anti gun mentality among the rank and file of police officers. Sure there are dooshbags like this guy in the video, but most cops that I have known are gun nuts and support the 2A. The worst attitude I have encountered is that most tend to support the limits placed by the state, but are all for legal gun ownership.

Back
Top Bottom