• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dash Cam: Canton, OH PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

Correct me if I am wrong but what you are saying is that people can / will make mistakes even if they witness a crime taking place right in front of them?
The only way that we as a society can be 100% sure that only the guilty are punished is by due process? No matter what crime has taken place, no matter how many people witnessed it, no matter how heinous it was, we can never condone people taking the law into their own hands and say give a suspect a beating? In other words you advocate for a fair trial 100% of the time? You cannot bear the thought of even 1 innocent person getting harmed? Correct?
Heres a scenario you witness a guy run after another gun and hit him, so according to you, you just witnessed one man being assaulted so you rush to his defense and beat the other guy, now later on you find out that the guy you saved just molested the guy chasing him child. You cant jump to conclusions and automatically rush to judgement. Thats why we have juries and judges. Once all the facts have been presented then you make a judgement. You dont become judge, jury, and executioner because even though you witnessed something you may not have all the facts on what you just witnessed.

Heres a scenario you witness a guy run after another gun and hit him, so according to you, you just witnessed one man being assaulted so you rush to his defense and beat the other guy, now later on you find out that the guy you saved just molested the guy chasing him child. You cant jump to conclusions and automatically rush to judgement. Thats why we have juries and judges. Once all the facts have been presented then you make a judgement. You dont become judge, jury, and executioner because even though you witnessed something you may not have all the facts on what you just witnessed.

Thanks Fitz, William & Jose (Ed I wasn't expecting much in terms of analysis from you, after all we are not talking about guns here. Try and stick to the post about guns & ammo which might better suit your cognition.)

I was trying to figure out why it appears that in some posts people think the alleged suspect deserved to get shot. While in other cases the people screamed the suspect deserves due process. At first glance it appeared that the only difference between the two cases is who was doing the shooting a cops or a civilians.
By just reading the title of the thread I could guess what the comments would be. Story about a cop doing the shooting bad, civilian doing the shooting good. (The only exception I can think of was that post about the pharmacist who shot the armed robber in OK).
I was just trying to apply the logic that everyone keeps saying, we all deserve due process. I would think that if someone really feels that way, that unless they where there or were the one doing the shooing( in self defense) well then every story we read about were a suspected criminal was shot should be questioned. I then I wondered can you have it both ways?
I feel Jose hit the nail right on the head when he wrote "do not confuse self defense with street justice"

Any LEO will tell you that eyewitnesses can be unreliable because of the way the human brain processes information. Four people will witness the same event, but will give varying accounts of the event. There will be (hopefully) a thread of continuity with which to build a reconstruction of the event, however all truth is in witnessing events has a degree of subjectivity. Prisons are filled with those who are innocent who have been convicted based on eyewitnesses.

No way, I think he just opened my eyes. I hope the next time a cop sees me somewhere he doesn't like me being he cracks me in the back of the skull with his wannabe combat boot.

I think Jose hit the nail on the head with his original post, that Bullie probably missed.

... This way we always kept our cases clean.

Yeah Joe, but you were an old-line professional, a different kind of police officer than we have today, in many respects IMO. I think you were more in touch with people, certainly didn't make a lot of money when you started out, I'm sure.

Look at the end the Job tried to put it to you because you wouldn't perjure yourself.

As you know back in the '60's it was fashionable to call police pigs. Well, Joe I'm going to call you a P.I.G. because in my book you have Pride, Integrity and Guts

[thumbsup]

That town councilor is like some of the racist lunatics - the more they speak publicly, the more insane, unreasonable and out of control they appear - and they do a public service by showing the world they are nuts.

I'd love to watch a civilized debate between him, and the hapless citizen, when the entire case is over.

Must hear radio interview with a town councilor there in Canton...
http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2011/07/26/canton-ohio-council-president/

I take very strong exception to what I've read, what I've heard, from out-of-towners making comments about our city.

Well, letting this LEO stay home, with pay, is sort of a slap in the face. I'm sure not all of your LEO's are like this (I've never heard of this anywhere but in your quaint little town), but this putz needs to be held on trial for threatening to excecute/murder this 50-something. "I should take two steps back, pull my Glock 40, and put ten rounds in you, and let you drop." <----this is what we heard. And you're defending him? I say, "GOOD DAY.... BROTHER!" [wink]

Last edited by a moderator:
He complained because he got over 100 emails from people outside of Canton
[email protected]
I think he could use a few more

I just sent that ahole a piece of my mind. I love how he says that people should NOT be permitted to carry concealed weapons in dangerous areas of town at 1:30am. So I guess we should only be permitted to carry when we won't actually need a weapon? What a douche.

I just sent that ahole a piece of my mind. I love how he says that people should NOT be permitted to carry concealed weapons in dangerous areas of town at 1:30am. So I guess we should only be permitted to carry when we won't actually need a weapon? What a douche.
ORLY?!?

I'll be feeding his inbox when I get home.

Dear Allen,

What you think about concealed handguns doesn't matter. We've won in the statehouse and in the state supreme court time after time on this issue.

So ESAD.

ORLY?!?

I'll be feeding his inbox when I get home.

Dear Allen,

What you think about concealed handguns doesn't matter. We've won in the statehouse and in the state supreme court time after time on this issue.

So ESAD.

Here are two more gems from his interview

dumbass said:
A person packing a Ruger at 1:30 in the morning is unacceptable in today's society

dumbass said:
You know what my friend, you can blame the city of Canton, but you're next. Because, as long as these laws permit people to carry weapons under the worst of circumstances, and in the worst situations, there are deaths waiting to happen. Either to our Police Officers or to citizens who arm themselves and think they're safe.

Ok, here is a challenging question, which I have a tough time answering on my own. Who is a bigger douche bag – the cop or the city council?

I have watched the video but not the interview yet. Maybe I will also forward along an email to him. Respectfully of course. Let us not lower ourselves to the level of someone who would treat decent people like that.

He's an ambulance chaser. Color me surprised. PI lawyers tend to be the worst kinds of collectivists as they make their living off the idea that when something happens, someone else is always responsible for it. On the surface this sounds very libertarian but when you dig down and see where they've taken it you note that the whole concept of 'SOMEONE has the duty to bubble wrap me so I don't get hurt' comes from PI litigation.

He's done this before folks, another video to watch

'OUTRAGE' UPDATE: 2nd profanity-laced video involving Canton, OH cop surfaces

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...-laced-video-involving-canton-oh-cop-surfaces

Things may have just gone from bad to worse for the Canton, OH police department and a foul-mouthed police officer who has already been placed on administrative leave, as a second video, this one from 2010, has surfaced courtesy of the Canton Repository.

It is almost certain to re-ignite passions on several Northwest gun rights forums including Northwest Firearms (where the discussion thread was locked) WaGuns.org, Hunting-Washington and GunRightsMedia.com. The discussion has also been locked at TheHighRoad.org, which ignited this discussion, and this one.

Video Here:

[video]http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x2014919089/Video-Officer-Harless-loses-his-temper-on-another-arrest[/video]

Back
Top Bottom