Can't Wait for Coakley's Response

So, what happens if she gives no response?

They are allowed to not respond, but to file a MTD instead. I actually already know what they will be doing by tomorrow. We will see something from them and you folks may be disappointed, but less disappointed than if they did the other thing they could have. At this stage in litigation, it's all dry BS. The fun stuff is the next round.

They are allowed to not respond, but to file a MTD instead. I actually already know what they will be doing by tomorrow. We will see something from them and you folks may be disappointed, but less disappointed than if they did the other thing they could have. At this stage in litigation, it's all dry BS. The fun stuff is the next round.
Can't thank you guys enough, keep up the good fight.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, the answers to complaints are almost always boring. Pages of things like:
Complaint
#1 Plaintiff Joe Blow is a natural person residing at 123 Fore St.
#2 Defendant John Smith is the AG of State.
#3 John Smith injured Joe Blow by infringing on his right to XYZ.

Response:
#1 Never heard of that guy, but sure
#2 John Smith cannot confirm or deny his existence or position.
#3 John Smith didn't do nothing or if he did you can't prove it or if you can it was by accident.

Right, so safe and reliable it's the most common sidearm for police in the US, but unsafe for mere civilians.

So,what is the workaround here? They will claim better trained. Will "It's a constitutional right! " be accepted by the judge?

if you know what they're going to do....what is it?

Could be that filings that are made to the court are also made to comm2as lawyers, and that while they have access to what will be filed, it is not yet public and thus can't be shared.

Or they've got a mole in the AG's office!

Could be that filings that are made to the court are also made to comm2as lawyers, and that while they have access to what will be filed, it is not yet public and thus can't be shared.

Sort of correct. But it's not a hard and fast rule. It's just that the AAG in the case told our attorney what he was going to do yesterday and I know what he said. Ultimately I would rather take the high road and let him make it official before it is made public. If a decision is changed last minute, why make what didn't happen public.

Like I said before, this response will be more interesting than what would otherwise be filed and I will explain what is filed when it happens.

Or they've got a mole in the AG's office!

Legal cases don't benefit from that really, at least as far as a specific case is concerned. We both know what each other's strategies are at this poin on a particular issue, at least to the extent on how we would challenge a specific issue. EOPSS actually released a document to licensing officers making it clear that there will be constitutional challenges to any suitability denials post Jam 1/2015. This is correct, we are already working on it.

The more important info to keep quiet is specific citations we plan on referencing or the order in which we will take cases. That's far more valuable info to the opposition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom