Ares Armor fends off the BATFE...for now

For what it's worth, he lays out his credentials here:

church-lady.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a while back he also had a article in the newspaper or something saying that he believes "training" should be part of getting a firearms license, etc etc.

I remember a while back he also had a article in the newspaper or something saying that he believes "training" should be part of getting a firearms license, etc etc.

I don't recall that. Lets not start make claims with out backing it up.

Last edited:
It was on this forum. he got blasted for it when he actually use to post here.

I'm too lazy to look, but it's here.

ETA:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/223342-Metro-Boston-newspaper-on-the-gun-debate

There ya go. Read locked thread. Should be in there somewhere. [laugh]

That doesn't sound like someone saying
"training" should be part of getting a firearms license, etc etc.

I think you're confused and are thinking of the article from Ephesian Arms.

More detail from reason.com:

http://reason.com/reasontv/2014/03/19/ares-armor-ceo-fights-atf-to-maintain-cu

They claim it was about Ares Armor refusing to quietly let the ATF copy their customer list... the rest is just intimidation of a company who did not play ball with the gov.

The "I can only imagine how many times business owners are approached by the government, and these deals are taken and accepted" part sounds vaguely familiar.

Hmmmm... from whom could it possibly be? [thinking]

The shitty part about all this is even if this guy gets out unscathed in the end save for maybe some stolen plastic 80% lowers, his business is going to be tarnished because that list got out- even if BATFE doesn't really do anything with it. The people buying these things- the whole point is anonymity. If I was going to make a WAG this should be a warning sign for companies selling these 80% products to do business differently.

/tinfoil hat on:
I forsee massively gay legislation banning 80% products coming down the pipe, even though it is a non problem. I wonder what the NRA will try to tack onto the legislaiton as a consolation prize for gun owners this time... [rolleyes] If we had legislators with any gonads in this country they would want to pass legislation at least dramatically constraining BATFE to regulating things that are precisely defined
in law. Of course that will never happen, and the lawmakers will keep giving BATFE a free pass to be the most reckless federal law enforcement entity in this country. [thinking]

-Mike

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of someone else, probably Jesse Cohen. Cohen wrote such an article (with some other guy who I don't remember offhand) and he got slammed by us here for it, among other things.

-Mike

Sounds like this has more to do with Ares Armor refusing to play the ATF's games than 80% lowers. It is retaliatory. The ATF is a corrupt criminal organization so not too surprising.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of someone else, probably Jesse Cohen. Cohen wrote such an article (with some other guy who I don't remember offhand) and he got slammed by us here for it, among other things.

-Mike

I do believe you are right, Matt was the one that started the thread outing Cohen, iirc. So lets not make him out to be something he is not. Licking the ATF's boots here is more then enough to gossip about.

Ok I searched for it, and I guess I was mistaken. [laugh]

See, I can admit when I'm wrong...no mistaken.

Now that's going to bug me. [laugh]

FAIL. Just fail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom