• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ares Armor fends off the BATFE...for now

Karras said the ATF threatened to shutter their business if they didn’t hand over the names of 5,000 customers who have purchased an 80 percent lower receiver (the base) for building an AR-15.

Read more: http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/03/12/gun-store-owner-halts-federal-raid/#ixzz2vqXorI8L

well, this is something new. ATF agents and *******s who came up with this shit need to be tarred and feathered and made never to hold public office for life. Also, may be through them into Gitmo to see if they are paid by Putin, on treason charges. And no pension of any kind for these mother****ers.

Good for Ares. Someone has to stand up to this Gestapo bullshit. We have ****ing laws in this country. These people are supposed to enforce them not shit on them.

So this is really about plastic guns and less about the 80% receivers - "A manufacturer made an 80 percent receiver in plastic with a different material and colors which show exactly where the customer can drill making it easier and cheaper to build. The ATF said it is illegal. The ATF sent stores, including Ares Armor, letters demanding they turn over the products and names of customers who purchased them."

So, reading this, the ATF is bitching because they think EP is making a full lower and then squirting the white polymer in to revert it back to an 80%.

Reportedly what they do it is make the white part and then build the rest of the lower around that.

So, reading this, the ATF is bitching because they think EP is making a full lower and then squirting the white polymer in to revert it back to an 80%.

Reportedly what they do it is make the white part and then build the rest of the lower around that.

I wondered about how they made it 2 colors like that, and figured that they must start out molding it as a 100% lower, then filling it in to dial it back to 80%.

If they ever did get a hold of Ares' customer list, guess who's name would jump right out at them? Our old buddy winter. They might be curious as to why he bought a couple hundred of them. That might lead them to his gunbroker sales. I'm sure he paid taxes on all that extra income. LOL

If they ever did get a hold of Ares' customer list, guess who's name would jump right out at them? Our old buddy winter. They might be curious as to why he bought a couple hundred of them. That might lead them to his gunbroker sales. I'm sure he paid taxes on all that extra income. LOL
Karma is a bitch ain't it?

i need to call their field office and ask them to look into wayne douglas of MA and ME. dealing without a FFL among other things might interest them.

argggg, i hate that guy but don't believe in setting the government after him.

i am sure they monitor this shit anyway, so hey guys--now you know winter's name!

i need to call their field office and ask them to look into wayne douglas of MA and ME. dealing without a FFL among other things might interest them.

argggg, i hate that guy but don't believe in setting the government after him.

i am sure they monitor this shit anyway, so hey guys--now you know winter's name!
[rofl]Well played sir.

I'm seeing a pattern.
http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-...earching-bakersfield-business-and-home-030714
Maybe we should start a pool on who is going to be next.

I want to see the warrant and the name of the judge who signed it. If they are looking for "illegal guns" I want to know what is the probable cause. If those two color 80% are declared illegal now, that's cool, but I did not see any ATF statements to that regard.

On the other hand, people need to stop being bundles of branches/twigs and learn how to make guns from steel and other lasting materials befitting a firearm to be used in defense of motherland and freedom.

I want to see the warrant and the name of the judge who signed it. If they are looking for "illegal guns" I want to know what is the probable cause. If those two color 80% are declared illegal now, that's cool, but I did not see any ATF statements to that regard.

On the other hand, people need to stop being bundles of branches/twigs and learn how to make guns from steel and other lasting materials befitting a firearm to be used in defense of motherland and freedom.

Amen. Group learning party! Boris can teach. I'll bring BBQ as that is where my hillbilly skillset lies.

Seriously though, people who can do this amaze me. I've seen it the results of some of this type of handiwork, watched videos on the youtoobers. Just fascinating. If i could convince the wife to turn the spare bedroom in our aprtment into a metal shop I might could get some learning done.

Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives should be a chain store, not a government agency

"look honey an ATFE store, I can do all my shopping with one stop"

They do make plastic lowers. I know a couple of guys that have ordered a few. They come in OD, Black, Pink, and I'm sure a few other colors. They look to be decent quality considering they are plastic but I still prefer a raw billet lower myself.

Edit: Looks like they have removed all lowers from their website for now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom