Any Re-enactors??

C-pher said:
Lynne said:
Hey C-pher - you know someone by the name of Ed Brusslins? He's into the action shooting. Also - a guy by the name of Gary Rathmill. They're both buds of mine.

Not off hand. I might know them by thier alias....

I think Gary is "Shiny Dick" (his persona is of a Pinkerton man :D ), I don't know what Ed's alias is.

Lynne said:
C-pher said:
Lynne said:
Hey C-pher - you know someone by the name of Ed Brusslins? He's into the action shooting. Also - a guy by the name of Gary Rathmill. They're both buds of mine.

Not off hand. I might know them by thier alias....

I think Gary is "Shiny Dick" (his persona is of a Pinkerton man :D ), I don't know what Ed's alias is.

I don't recall every shooting with someone named Shiny Dick..and I think that I would remember that one. [shock]

If you talk to them, you can ask them if they remember the name Squirrely Red Pailman.

For those of you in Plymouth (or near to it), there's a Thanksgiving Day parade there this coming Saturday. I *think* it starts at 10AM, but it could be 11AM, I'm not sure.

My unit (the 35th VA) will be marching in it - if you're there, look for the short Corporal in the dark gray jacket and light gray pants - that'll be me. [lol]

The Plymouth parade is 11am but it's best to get there a couple hours early for a place to park. I'm working but I'll be in the south end of town, my regular patrol area. That's always subject to change though and if I get "stuck" up in town, I'll look for ya Lynne.

As for Reenactors, no I'm not into it. Someone in Plymouth a few years ago tried to get something going and if I'm not mistaken, there may have been a group in Kingston, the next town north of Plymouth.
My brother is into the Rendezvous stuff which I believe is pre Civil War if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks Jon - I have to muster at 9:30, so I wasn't sure about the start time. If you do wind up downtown, yell "Hey Lyndon!!" If I see a uniform, I'll know it's you. :D

My buddy Jeff will be marching with the Light Brigade drum corps... he's playing some kind of French horn. (BTW, Pilgrim... Jeff is Presiding Master of Franklin Lodge.)

Don't think I'll be there, though.

Lynne said:
Thanks Jon - I have to muster at 9:30, so I wasn't sure about the start time. If you do wind up downtown, yell "Hey Lyndon!!" If I see a uniform, I'll know it's you. :D
Will do! [wink]

Considering I hurt my foot by skidding down the stairs at 4:30AM yesterday morning (what a rude way to really wake up), it was an awesome parade. I didn't give in to the limping until the parade was over. :D

Man! We did AWESOME! All of our "Firing by company!" or "Firing by file..." shots were right on. There wasn't one shot where there was one person slightly off on pulling the trigger...it was a beautiful thing to see and hear. I yelled the cadence and everyone kept the line. We even did a few deploying as skirmishers cuz the 22nd Mass was in front of us. the spectators loved it. Every other stop or so, they'd turn with their bayonets pointed at us, then we'd deploy. [lol]

The only complaint I had was at the end in front of the reviewing stand. Whoever was doing the microphone introduced the 22nd as the 35th VA, and us as the 3rd Mass. [shock] I mean, you could see who the Union and Confederates were. And, there wasn't a 3rd Mass in the parade. d'oh! Other than that, we had a great time.

Hey Jon - we went to the British Club afterwards for refreshments. [lol]

JonJ said:
Sorry I missed it [cry]
Ah, yes, the BBC. Great place to hang!

Yeah - I was hoping to hear a "Hey Lyndon!" [lol] The BBC - it's become a tradition for us now. We take over the upstairs. :D

Finally got some pics from the parade... Here we are at the end (I'm kneeling on the right).

p2.jpg

Since Ed raised his head, it makes it difficult to tell, but now that you mention it, I do recognize some features of his face.

Back
Top Bottom