• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

North shore- are there any temporary storage facilities?

OP must have thought for sure he will get dragged for this one.

From anything I have ever seen or heard you basically would need to store your firearms with a FFL with bonded insured storage.
I think it could be a decent business venture for the future, as we can see the trends of post's on nes. I can only imagine the numbers that would be needed to make it worth doing
Yea absolutely.

OP must have thought for sure he will get dragged for this one.

From anything I have ever seen or heard you basically would need to store your firearms with a FFL with bonded insured storage.
I think it could be a decent business venture for the future, as we can see the trends of post's on nes. I can only imagine the numbers that would be needed to make it worth doing
Not true. You can lend a gun to any non-prohibited person for any "legitimate purpose". Any FFL (if they were willing) can store them as well, they don't have to be bonded. The FFL just has to log the guns in - presumably for gunsmithing - so you don't need to do 4473s to get them back.

Bonded storage is only necessary in MA if a police dept wants to unload guns without the owner's consent.

Not true. You can lend a gun to any non-prohibited person for any "legitimate purpose". Any FFL (if they were willing) can store them as well, they don't have to be bonded. The FFL just has to log the guns in - presumably for gunsmithing - so you don't need to do 4473s to get them back.

Bonded storage is only necessary in MA if a police dept wants to unload guns without the owner's consent.
I can’t argue this. But when it comes to risk tolerance of who holds onto your firearms or where you store them while you move. The list of what could happen isn’t short. From fire, theft or said friend getting into trouble or giving a hard time getting them back to you and making excuses. Then having to deal with law enforcement to report them stolen or missing and what comes with that.

I wouldnt trust anyone on the north or south shore, but let that go.

I stored my guns at an indoor storage facility while I was renovating my MA house. Yes, it is against their rules, didn't care. Eastern Insurance (where I insure my guns) didn't care either. Don't ask, don't tell. Not an issue.
FYI ... Eastern also insures homes and cars in MA. I was on the phone with them last week renewing my gun policy.

I will find out if they are cheaper than Plymouth Rock.

Back
Top Bottom