Any Google/Google Maps experts here?

sbi

Any idea why would Google Maps always default to Walking when I click "Nearby" a location? It happens in every browser, different computers, different networks. Looks like it is some kind of a default but I don't understand why and how to change it, if it is at all possible.
I know I can change to 'car' and lock it with the slider to the right, but it does not save. If I open Google Maps later, it will again default to 'Walk'.

1712845978572.png

GPS/Google Maps expert here (Delivery driver for 12 years). I remember using the old garmins before mildly intelligent phones and google made my life easier. If you are "close" to your targeted destination, google assumes that you aren't a fat ass and can walk to said destination. Are you a fat ass by any chance?

Any idea why would Google Maps always default to Walking when I click "Nearby" a location? It happens in every browser, different computers, different networks. Looks like it is some kind of a default but I don't understand why and how to change it, if it is at all possible.
I know I can change to 'car' and lock it with the slider to the right, but it does not save. If I open Google Maps later, it will again default to 'Walk'.

On the upper left-hand corner above "location" for a search destination, you will see icons for Best, a car, a train, and a figure walking, and a bicycle. If the walking figure is lit up in blue, click on it to shut it off, then click on the car icon.

On the upper left-hand corner above "location" for a search destination, you will see icons for Best, a car, a train, and a figure walking, and a bicycle. If the walking figure is lit up in blue, click on it to shut it off, then click on the car icon.

This is what I see:

1713318961472.png

I am getting Car by default when I search for direction, the problem with the "walk default" only comes up when I click on "What's Nearby", not in direction search.

Back
Top Bottom