• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any gun related xmas presents?

I might have gifted myself an Sig kilo6k HD black edition rangefinding binos for Christmas this year. I really like them, and take them with me to work so I can range everything while sitting on the job site.

Bought my father a nice waxed leather range bag. He's no Fudd, but I figured he would appreciate it more than some modern molle tacticool bag
Whats it do better?

Im not a tactical timmy but the modem nylon bags are cheap and idgaf if i burn a hole in one

I feel like I'd be upset with a miss
Nothing crazy this year, tenicor holster and a tlr7 so I can try my my edc with a light.
It doesn't feel any different and its really nice to have on there

Whats it do better?

Im not a tactical timmy but the modem nylon bags are cheap and idgaf if i burn a hole in one

That comparison is like buying a 20yr old Civic and criticizing the guy in the Rolls Royce because someone might hit it. It fills the same role, but it's higher quality and looks a bit nicer. He's a craftsman and will appreciate a nice bag vs a nylon one. Me personally? I'll take the Rolls Royce and throw my nylon bag in it ;)

That comparison is like buying a 20yr old Civic and criticizing the guy in the Rolls Royce because someone might hit it. It fills the same role, but it's higher quality and looks a bit nicer. He's a craftsman and will appreciate a nice bag vs a nylon one. Me personally? I'll take the Rolls Royce and throw my nylon bag in it ;)
I always like to know if I'm missing out on something that is a drastic improvement

Its not something id consider buying myself because i didnt even know it was a thing

But i like to ask in case it does something way better

Whats it do better?

It doesn't feel any different and its really nice to have on there
what does it do better, potatoe/potato function wise I suppose. but when I clicked on the link and looked at that bag, I went, now that is stylish. I imagine it being something from yesteryear bought at a haberdashery. Not all things need a 'practical' use or justification. It has something that modern nylon doesn't, and will show unique wear as it ages being made from leather.

ymmv, and I understand why for some it would be a nonstarter. especially considering that the style and size is comparable to like a 25 dollar dewalt tool bag in nylon. but that doesn't have the same aesthetic.

what does it do better, potatoe/potato function wise I suppose. but when I clicked on the link and looked at that bag, I went, now that is stylish. I imagine it being something from yesteryear bought at a haberdashery. Not all things need a 'practical' use or justification. It has something that modern nylon doesn't, and will show unique wear as it ages being made from leather.

ymmv, and I understand why for some it would be a nonstarter. especially considering that the style and size is comparable to like a 25 dollar dewalt tool bag in nylon. but that doesn't have the same aesthetic.
I missed the link and couldve answered my own question

Its very sleek i can respect the craftsmanship

Not on purpose as a Xmas gift to myself, but I ordered a holster and a couple mag carriers in the fall and they just showed up so it’s kind of Xmessy.

157E029D-BA53-4A1E-B14E-E89820A63935.jpeg 59216F8D-6295-4C9E-8BFC-40FC751C5D10.jpeg F126B1AB-7931-4267-92B3-ED286D8DCC7E.jpeg 6F135460-143B-4197-967E-D35C84D21785.jpeg

Bought one of these:

Back
Top Bottom