A couple random ?'s

My S&W 1911 has a "ma**h***" cut in the barrel.

OK, that I never saw before. I must have missed it. So, that means that S&W 1911s from other states are probably not MA compliant (they generally don't do that for free state guns) and those free state models CAN NOT be transferred in for a cheaper purchase cost (the whole point of the OP to begin with).

So, you, the OP CEOnnnnn, will rarely ever find a gun you can transfer in for a cheaper cost.

My S&W 1911 has a "ma**h***" cut in the barrel.

Mine does too, and printed right on the side of the frame is something to the effect of "hey dumbass, if there is a round in the chamber, the gun still works even if you drop the mag".
That may not be exactly what it says, I'm paraphrasing.

Is it just me or is the "Ma**h***" completely useless? Depending on lighting, the hole seems completely unreliable. The only round indicator I've seen that is truely useful is the one on the Springfield XDs.....oh....sorry....that's not legal in MA. Seems completely stupid to me.

On Star Supers made 50+ years ago, the loaded round indicator is a little pop up button that makes it pretty obvious.
The mindset was most likely that they wanted to make sure the gun goes bang when you want it to where in MA, its more of a "hope the gun doesn't go bang when you don't want it to" sort of thing.

The holes on my Sigs are very small and I've seen those that are literally like a pin prick. Everyone has always told me the only way to tell if there is a round in the breach is to open the slide.

Usually referred to as an LCI - Loaded Chamber Indicator.

Or with Glocks, Loaded Chamber Indicator Extractor.

The only round indicator I've seen that is truely useful is the one on the Springfield XDs.....oh....sorry....that's not legal in MA.

Just to clarify, since the OP is asking questions about Mass. law, aside from post-ban AR pistols (which would be illegal under MGL 140-131m), it is perfectly legal to posess any pistol in Massachusetts, it's only illegal for dealers to sell/transfer pistols that aren't on the list.

The holes on my Sigs are very small and I've seen those that are literally like a pin prick. Everyone has always told me the only way to tell if there is a round in the breach is to open the slide.

The holes in the barrel are particularly useless if you're in the dark, too.

Back
Top Bottom